Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingsley would be fuming over that.

They had a week off and couldn’t find the effort to outwork a young side in the second half.

Could understand if we jumped them and built up a lead, but they were ahead most of the day and we ran them down.

Where were their fresher legs? 🤷‍♂️
Kingsley fumes about everything. Massive hot head.

I remember when we were really struggling there was someone posting that we need a coach like Kingsley who won't tolerate poor performance or players smiling (i.e. not being miserable) after a loss.

Checked the Telstra tracker at 3 quarter time and Weddle wasn't in the top 5 which was around 10.3km for the 5th placed player.

Finished the game at 15.3km so he's covered at least 5km in the final term.

Massive effort, what a weapon to have!

What a win. I thought we weren’t too bad in the first half but we frittered our opportunities, luck wasn't with us, and I was worried we were going to just be gradually ground down. To come back like that, with that level of desperation and intensity in the second half was magnificent!!!

Videos that will never see the light of day:
- Video of Hunter Biden dropping his bag of coke at the Whitehouse
- Replay of GWS goal which Day likely touched
- Replay of Breusts run down tackle, not paid.
They showed a replay, it did hit boot first. That said I'm not convinced the umpire saw it, and just didn't pay based on the "Breust isn't getting a free kick" vibes we had today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I emailed the club during the week, told them that today was my birthday and I'd appreciate a win please. I don't want to say I'm responsible for the win, but, well...you're welcome ;)
Happy birthday Axe & miss your training reports btw

Going back and watching the passage everyone is complaining about, ignoring the other dubious decisions leading up to it.

Ginni played for the free and got it. I don’t like it and he needs to get it out of his game. However, they’d been playing that all game (like Bedford, Thomas, Moore etc.)

Newcombe clearly taken high. Wasn’t dubious at all.

Sicily was dumped after he kicked it. They’ve been (usually) paying that downfield all year.

This discussion is going to take away from the fact that our players juat don’t give up. It’s a fantastic trait for the future.

I am not sure if this has been highlighted but in the first half GWS(No. 20) kicked a goal as a result of a ducked tackle. He dropped his knees and went shoulder first and Scrim got him high. The Ginni one can be counted in the same category. At the end of the first quarter I thought I saw a player catch Ginni high while running forward at full speed which wasn't called and the ball reversal ended up as GWS score. Also in the first quarter there was a deliberate out of bounds called against Day..what a ridiculous call that was. I saw the game on mute so didn't hear any discussions around any of this.

Yes! Pass around the snakes, and get a sugar rush! Watched the scores see-sawing in the last with nervous anticipation. So happy the team found a way. Keep cracking on we're a chance of finals!!

Have a beer!!

*edit to add...I love Ginnevin's (well spell check later..srry G)..unbridled enthusiasm and obvious hunger for success!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back