Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear’s tackle. Hard to call him Bambi after that
Kid would've learnt so much from that game today. After getting hands on that Weddle shot at goal you could tell how badly he wanted to do something the effect the outcome of the game. Love how he only has eyes for the ball but I'm sure that's one he'd like to have back but how huge is it that he didn't go into his shell after it.

I think Day might have something to say about that
Day also has the highest ceiling in the comp.

Dear, you'll never guess it, but he also has the highest ceiling in the comp.

Arrived 1/4 time for Operation Giant Slayer.
Mission complete.
Return to the Gunners Arms!
So proud we kept fighting.
Pretty good crowd considering a lot of flyers wouldn’t have been able to land.

Day also has the highest ceiling in the comp.

Dear, you'll never guess it, but he also has the highest ceiling in the comp.
Apparently the Kennedy Community Centre has 100ft high ceilings

It was just a poorly officiated game in nearly all facets today compared to last week
Next in the AFL gunsights for poorly adjudicated and confusing rules is Insufficient Intent. The ruling is in the word itself but doesn’t get applied. Change the bloody name. There is no intent to go OOB when you’re trying to put the ball out in front of a running player as the Hawks did at least twice today.

If an umpire can’t identify the real intent, they should not be umpiring. We know they’ve been instructed through their mikes but that makes it worse. Everyone knows the player’s actual intent except those who should know.

I’ve said it before. The grass belongs to the players and the game plans of 2024 need every centimetre of it. The AFL want a fast running, low congestion game and yet force the players to play a thinner ground or to kick to boundary contests instead of opening the game up.

Next in the AFL gunsights for poorly adjudicated and confusing rules is Insufficient Intent. The ruling is in the word itself but doesn’t get applied. Change the bloody name. There is no intent to go OOB when you’re trying to put the ball out in front of a running player as the Hawks did at least twice today.

If an umpire can’t identify the real intent, they should not be umpiring. We know they’re been instructed through their mikes but that makes it worse. Everyone knows the player’s actual intent except those who should know.

I’ve said it before. The grass belongs to the players and the game plans of 2024 need every centimetre of it. The AFL want a fast running, low congestion game and yet force the players to play a thinner ground or to kick to boundary contests instead of opening the game up.
The genuine deliberates are the ones they miss where players fake fumble or do a blind but not so blind turn over the line.

Stirring win by the boys… we were challenged and could have easily rolled over but fought back to turn it around.

Felt like we showed the grit and determination that great Hawthorn sides of the past have built the foundation of our club on….

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in case people didn’t know it was Bruest’s 50th game at York Park, the most of any player. I was so pleased that Kelli kept reminding me of that fact every 2 minutes…
She’s slipping, she didn’t mention the rugby background and Dwayne didn’t say “ Season’s on the line for one of these sides “

Chol was ****ing brilliant today

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hats off to Chol - after that Sydney game he got reported and gave away a stupid free that cost us a goal the other way (when Dimma was having a shot had already kicked a goal)… I was questioning the clubs decision to recruit him at that point…

Geez last few weeks he’s turned it around big time - gave his all today and really bringing great energy and you can tell the group are feeding off that…

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back