Preview Round 14, 2024 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 15th June MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a game we should win comfortably. Tigers are horrible even with Martin and potentially Lynch in the team.

Only way it should be even close is if tigers get a lot of cheap goals out the back that we’ve allowed a few of the last couple of weeks.

This is a game where we should bury them and set ourselves up for our run at finals after the bye

This the sort of game where Watson could have a breakout game. Dimma, Weddle and Impey can handle their smalls. Hopefully either Reeves is fit or Meek is good to go.

The only way I can see them troubling us is if Nank dominates. If neither are fit, let Weddle, Chol and Nash share the ruck duties rather than bring in Rama. Weddle looked at home in the front half.

This is almost the biggest test of the season. They’ve been a bogey side and are celebrating a milestone for perhaps their second greatest ever player. Let’s do it for Chol!

you'd have to think that one of Reeves or Meek will be available next week, if not there is no way they would have played Ramsden beyond the middle of the third quarter yesterday

IN: Meek, Watson

OUT: Reeves (omitted), Mitchell (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Sicily, Amon

C: Day, Worpel, Weddle

HF: Ginnivan, Gunston, MacDonald

F: Moore, Chol, Watson

R: Meek, Newcombe, Nash

INT: D’Ambrosio, Jiath, Mackenzie, Dear, Breust (Sub)

EMG: Serong, Maginness, Ramsden

Talk on radio this morning that this is expected to be 80k+

MCC had this one as a category 3 game, which would've been decided long before it was clear this would be Dusty's 300th. Cat-3 means provisional members on the waitlist can get access and buy guest tickets. This tends to only happen for games that aren't expected to draw a big crowd.

Usually if it's a big crowd expected it would only be open to members and their guests which is why the reserve doesn't tend to fill up on level 4.

So this is a relatively rare occurrence that should see the MCC reserve a lot closer to capacity than normal.

If it's a nice day (forecast looks good atm) then my prediction is 87k with a finals like energy.

Big game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolta has tunred into the new Rance, curtail his influence and we should go alright.
Bringing in old hacks sounds great on paper, but will run out of puff when our young guns turn the heat up.
Dusty and Lynch are a little better than old hacks.

Dusty might not get 40 and 3 but he's guaranteed to use the ball really well every time he gets it and kick a goal or two.

It has always frustrated me that Dusty can kick more accurately over 25 meters than I can throw a cricket ball.
He can kick it quicker and more accurately over 50m than I could throw over 20!

Absolute legend and the best big-game and big-moments player I've ever seen - but I hope we ruin his 300th!

People want to sacrifice Mitchell for Watson. I am keen to see Watson return but not at the expense of Mitchell. Has been a reliable small defender who is quick and provides great balance.

If we are going to award players as has been said often this season, then he stays.

People want to sacrifice Mitchell for Watson. I am keen to see Watson return but not at the expense of Mitchell. Has been a reliable small defender who is quick and provides great balance.

If we are going to award players as has been said often this season, then he stays.

I think Sham does a job on baker

unchanged outside of Meek for Noodle

Meek for Reeves

Harry / Josh for CJ

Can't keep carrying Jiath.

8,9,8 and 10 possessions as a free running winger.

Seven tackles and 1 goal in 4 games.

Selective in his attack on the ball.

Before the naysayers worship at the temple of CJ and issue the usual excuses - I'd invite you all to look at the last quarter Vs GWS with 3 mins to go.

High ball in to our defensive pocket with CJ 10m away from the drop-zone.

That's where he stayed, leaving Weddle to cover from 30m away.

Weddle turned to CJ and - well go look yourselves. Weddle was not impressed.

One of a few non-efforts

I thought he'd got that rubbish out of his game - I remember him against GWS 3 yrs ago at the G - absolutely shit himself under a high ball leading to Toby Greene and Cogs making head ducking gestures for the rest of the term.

Those squib actions have returned and are getting worse - so back to box hill until his efforts are non-conditional.

Less Rascal celebrations and more attack on the ball please CJ.

I wouldn't be unhappy to see him moved on if we get a good pick or helps sweeten a trade.

Ward and Morrison would have every right to be upset if he's gifted another game over them this week.

Only change is in the ruck. Like many, I'm champing at the bit to see the Wiz but I reckon we stick with a balanced, settled team, go hard and then reassess after the bye.
Really great experience for the young lads to play in a finals-like atmosphere and is another step in their development. Very tough game.

Meek for Reeves

Harry / Josh for CJ

Can't keep carrying Jiath.

8,9,8 and 10 possessions as a free running winger.

Seven tackles and 1 goal in 4 games.

Selective in his attack on the ball.

Before the naysayers worship at the temple of CJ and issue the usual excuses - I'd invite you all to look at the last quarter Vs GWS with 3 mins to go.

High ball in to our defensive pocket with CJ 10m away from the drop-zone.

That's where he stayed, leaving Weddle to cover from 30m away.

Weddle turned to CJ and - well go look yourselves. Weddle was not impressed.

One of a few non-efforts

I thought he'd got that rubbish out of his game - I remember him against GWS 3 yrs ago at the G - absolutely shit himself under a high ball leading to Toby Greene and Cogs making head ducking gestures for the rest of the term.

Those squib actions have returned and are getting worse - so back to box hill until his efforts are non-conditional.

Less Rascal celebrations and more attack on the ball please CJ.

I wouldn't be unhappy to see him moved on if we get a good pick or helps sweeten a trade.

Ward and Morrison would have every right to be upset if he's gifted another game over them this week.
This might be a good read for you - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1145478/how-to-judge-one-of-footys-most-unheralded-roles

We play through Mass who we want ball in hand. CJ gets stuck on the fat side.

He does a huge power of defensive running and opens the ground up for our half forwards who have been so damaging.

He was also instrumental in our comeback in the third quarter. Ginnivan turning inboard to kick it to CMac happens only because Jiath was able to guide him that way through voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back