Review Round 14, 2024 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee and butters would have to be the softest captain and vice captain combos we’ve ever had. People hung shit on Jonas but at least he bled for the jumper, he was flawed in the talent department but worked his arse off. Rozee and butters are downhill skiers and it’s a myth we’ve got a good midfield because they are allergic to competing against the good teams. Pathetic.

Finlayson, Dixon, Jones and Burton were apparently the problem too lol. Nope, make the changes everyone wants to the team and we are actually worse for it. It’s a cultural issue, which was cultivated from a weak coach with weak leaders at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For all of McEntee's limitations he at least puts his body on the line and exerts maximum effort at every contest, which is probably why he gets a game every week. Rozee and Butters are Nick Kyrgios style footballers - all of the talent in the world but no hunger for the contest or the hard work required to be great. Get them to watch the way Callan Ward goes about it to see just how far they are off the pace in terms of toughness and unconditional effort.

I could put my body on the line and give max effort too, I would do it for half of what he’s paid. Doesn’t mean I should be getting a game at port

99.9% of times when mcintee is involved in a chain of possessions it breaks down. It’s at the point where we almost need to make sure we play through whatever side of the field he’s not on. Just a massive momentum killer.

Personally I think this club could very well be stuffed even after hinkly goes!
The disaster he has presided won't be fixed in a hurry!

This. Exactly this.

Pathetic game system that stifles, no negates, the development of players, constantly going the free agency route and not getting any result for it at the expense of younger players.

Will be surprised if finals are on the cards this year, there is just no fire in the belly, can not kick a winning score or pile on the goals to break a game apart.

Just weak and pathetic all around.

The void will be deep.

The disaster is called “accepting mediocrity”, and if we need to completely rebuild to be rid of it, talented and or favourite sons notwithstanding, so be it. Enough is enough. I’d much rather watch us getting flogged for a couple of years but doing the right things to get better and at least become relevant and taken seriously than continue to tolerate this pointless current regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can go all the way back to a fortnight ago! Carlton 8.1 in the last quarter

Nope, we played better against a better opponent for at least 3/4 of that game. Today was pure trash from quarter time. It’s our worst performance of the year In my opinion. The giants have been in shocking form and were ripe for the picking today.

Don’t know how many times I watched 3-4 of our players get drawn to one player with the ball to watch them spread the ball to the free players. we have some of the dummest players on the league.
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

Also, bringing in esava and zerk hasn’t worked.

We’re 13 games in now. Alirs having his worst ever season.

Our defense looks worse than ever, the run and carry out of our defence is entirely dependent on Houston and Farrell, who push high up the ground so only get back there to start the run on kick ins or stoppages that give them enough time.

And god help us if teams lock down on them those two. We’ve gone tall sacrificing run and I’m not sure we’re that more reliable in defending those big key forwards. Maybe ?

And I don’t know what we can do about it either. Clurey hasn’t played in so long he’s done, McKenzie isn’t fit.

Rozee and butters would have to be the softest captain and vice captain combos we’ve ever had. People hung shit on Jonas but at least he bled for the jumper, he was flawed in the talent department but worked his arse off. Rozee and butters are downhill skiers and it’s a myth we’ve got a good midfield because they are allergic to competing against the good teams. Pathetic.

Finlayson, Dixon, Jones and Burton were apparently the problem too lol. Nope, make the changes everyone wants to the team and we are actually worse for it. It’s a cultural issue, which was cultivated from a weak coach with weak leaders at the club.

I think Butters gives it a bit of a go, never been sold on Rozee.
I honestly don’t see him as a midfielder, before we drafted him he was a goal kicking forward.
I just don’t think he’s progressed body wise to play midfield.
We need bigger bodies around the stoppage’s as you seen with Sydney last night.
Rozee would make a perfect small forward player.

I’ve been watching Port games without much emotional attachment for a while now. You can pinpoint lots of reasons for our losses but the common denominator is Hinkley. His bad decisions on player selections, game plan, match-ups, the list goes on.

We go into games with the Hinkley handbrake applied in full. Over time it’s dulled my footy emotions in Port games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, we played better against a better opponent for at least 3/4 of that game. Today was pure trash from quarter time. It’s our worst performance of the year In my opinion. The giants have been in shocking form and were ripe for the picking today.

To kick 3 goals in 3 quarters against an out of form GWS is appalling but I also remember 2 goals in 3 quarters against a bang average cows side. The whole thing has just gone very very stale with no sign of getting any better.

I honestly don’t see him as a midfielder, before we drafted him he was a goal kicking forward.

Nah butters lost me today. Weak as piss.

I'm convinced that the club hierarchy are banking on it so they can say "see hinkley was good, told yous".

Future looks bleak with only Sinn and JHF (traded) as our 1st rounders so far, no 1st round pick this year and Tasmania coming in later. Port don't develop key position players well.

Yep we sucked.

Can someone explain why Ratugolea was moved forward then back to defence? Did they think we were ahead on the scoreboard after his goal?
To me, that was the one thing I understood about Hinkley's coaching today:

Rats was just plain CRAP today, and was given a spanking by Hogan. So when Lord was subbed out, Rats was moved forward to replace him, but then was moved back after Zerk-Thatcher blew a gasket.

Scintillating stuff from our Ken!

Also, bringing in esava and zerk hasn’t worked.

We’re 13 games in now. Alirs having his worst ever season.

Our defense looks worse than ever, the run and carry out of our defence is entirely dependent on Houston and Farrell, who push high up the ground so only get back there to start the run on kick ins or stoppages that give them enough time.

And god help us if teams lock down on them those two. We’ve gone tall sacrificing run and I’m not sure we’re that more reliable in defending those big key forwards. Maybe ?

And I don’t know what we can do about it either. Clurey hasn’t played in so long he’s done, McKenzie isn’t fit.
As I said at the time, we could have had Brodie Grundy and Ben McKay for half the trade capital we paid for Ratugolea and Soldo if we were truly the 'destination club' we claim to be.

Replace Ratugolea, Soldo and Hinkley with McKay, Grundy and a competent coach and we're a flag fancy this year.

Rozee would make a perfect girls blouse. Maybe I’m being harsh but I’m sick of this midfield getting patted on the back all the time when this is the shit they produce against any half decent opponent.

To kick 3 goals in 3 quarters against an out of form GWS is appalling but I also remember 2 goals in 3 quarters against a bang average cows side. The whole thing has just gone very very stale with no sign of getting any better.

I’d argue the crows played better than the giants did today, plus they kicked straight sbs we kicked 5.18. We were awful in front of goal today too but the giants were worse. Probably lucky not to lose by more and they played like shit.

The crows played their best game for the year against us.

We were worse today. And after a couple weeks of them telling us they’d learnt a lot over the break and were ready to respond.

What a fckn joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 14, 2024 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back