Opinion Round 14 Changes vs. Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In RTB interview on talk back he said they wanted grunt in the middle & more pressure fwd so put DeBoer fwd, Suban mid Croz subbed. Makes sense.

Gotta laugh at ppl intently saying after a win to put in Weller/Blakely/Grey/Duffy. A 1st gamer isn't what we need right now. They'll get a crack at some point, let's capture some round 1-9 form with our best 22 first.

Last qtr tv side, city end fwd 50 arc ... Suban on the treadmill chasing down a player after coming on as the sub. Out.

It occurred to me watching the lack of flow tonight that we've historically played a lot of our best footy when Duffield is in the team. In.

Out: Hannath, Sheridan
In: Clarke, Mzungu
I'd like to see sandi rested but wondering if best time would be against hawks in Tassie the following week? that would give him a month without travelling a well as the bye to freshen him up...wouldn't mind seeing Grif coming in for sandi

again the nuff nuffs are out wanting to get rid of our best defensive forwards Mayne and Ballantyne. also some want Pav dropped. fair dinkum the level of stupidity never ceases to amaze me. may as well get rid of Sandilands and Fyfe. thank god Ross Lyon is coaching
One poster has suggested Pav be rested. That's it. You can't be serious if you don't think Ballas is seriously out of form. I don't think a spell in the WAFL is going to help him but he needs a ginormous rocket up the ass and needs to lift his game asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

again the nuff nuffs are out wanting to get rid of our best defensive forwards Mayne and Ballantyne. also some want Pav dropped. fair dinkum the level of stupidity never ceases to amaze me. may as well get rid of Sandilands and Fyfe. thank god Ross Lyon is coaching

Please if you think 1 goal between Pav, Mayne, Ballas and Hannath is good enough then I know who the nuff nuff is.

Please if you think 1 goal between Pav, Mayne, Ballas and Hannath is good enough then I know who the nuff nuff is.
If this can happen and we can still beat a team fourth on the ladder with a lot of confidence coming in, then we are going ok. The beauty of our forward line is that someone can generally pop up. You can't hold them all down.
We have to remember that when you are 10-1 every opposition team brings their 'A' game.

If this can happen and we can still beat a team fourth on the ladder with a lot of confidence coming in, then we are going ok. The beauty of our forward line is that someone can generally pop up. You can't hold them all down.
We have to remember that when you are 10-1 every opposition team brings their 'A' game.

Not sure I'd use the word beauty when referring to our forward line but I get your point.

Sutcliffe needs a patented Ross Lyon 'rest', wonder if Blakely can start off the flank, ala Mundy? Hannath struggles, I'd prefer Clarke as infuriating as he is. Tabs might be an in depending on his WAFL form and conditions.

Lyon alluded to trying Griffin out at some stage soon, might possibly be next week.

We have depth, how good it is remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Don't think they'll be as many changes as people seem to want but would like to see best 22 players come back in at least. For me
Out: Hannath, Suban, one of Crozier/Sheridan/Sutcliffe
In: Clarke, Mzungu, Tabs

Sutcliffe will not be dropped - Never has been regardless of how he plays. In an interview at the start of the year Lyon included him in a group of players who had become "entrenched" in the team. He is not a terrible player and is still young but clearly has some favour from Lyon not commensurate with his level of performance.

Mzungu has been very good consistent player for us over the last few years. Brownlow votes every year. Gets injured and can't get back into the team. Has one game in attrocious conditions gets heavily involved, puts in "great effort" but it comes with a few mistakes - dumped next game - what a load of bullshit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back