Preview Round 14 - Hawthorn vs. Carlton - Friday 29th June 7:50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

General admission seating - public: Ponsford Stand:Q28-Q40
Olympic Stand:Q52-Q57
Great Southern StandQ1-Q10

these are the GA seats all other stuff is reserved that i know it does stink i know sadly nothing we can do really sadly

Thanks mate. Not a lot of GA seating at all. Hopefully everyone doesn't have the same idea to go early. :)

Does anyone else not read KOLOKOTRONIS's posts purely because he finishes every one with KOLOKOTRONIS?

Don't be surprised...most Greeks are in love with themselves. :D

Malthouse was asked on 3aw last night how Carlton can beat Hawthorn. He said the 2 weaknesses of Hawthorn are our spread ...

This has been an issue for years now (our spread speed and position - needs to be faster and into a hole)

Sydney and Richmond killed us with their spread speed. Carlton could do it again, especially since we've been on holiday for a week. A Danger game for me.

This has been an issue for years now (our spread speed and position - needs to be faster and into a hole)

Sydney and Richmond killed us with their spread speed. Carlton could do it again, especially since we've been on holiday for a week. A Danger game for me.

On the assumption at least one of our midfield/backline turns up they don't have enough speed or firepower.

I hate sounding confident but there is no excuses this round.

Carlton could do it again, especially since we've been on holiday for a week.

I don't get this argument.
Every side gets a week off and our break was at the same time as Carltons.
Professional athletes that they are will cope.

Disagree. Both Swans/Richmond killed us by winning the ball in the middle. The spread was only a byproduct of this. You can spread all you want but if you dont have the ball, your a cooked goose.

Disagree. Both Swans/Richmond killed us by winning the ball in the middle. The spread was only a byproduct of this. You can spread all you want but if you dont have the ball, your a cooked goose.

Exactly - I think what we REALLY need is speed in using the ball. Not so much running with it but using it effectively & quickly (and a big part of that is winning the contested ball in the first place in the centre & getting it in real quick to Buddy/ Rough/ et al).

All the talk atm is about how Sydney are sp great at both contested & outside ball, but really their outside ball is gonna be non-existent if they don't win it themselves first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 2 ins this week should go a long way to ensuring we get over the Blues, 2 hard at it mids that are good users and very physical, just what they blues don't like.

The Blues strength is actually their clearance work. I am pretty sure they lead the comp in this area.
Having 2 mids come in will certainly favour us so as long as we can break even in the middle and at stoppages, we should do OK.
They don't kick big scores (avg 13 goals) while we have been kicking 16+ consistently.
If we kick straight, we will win.

Big question who will come out for lewis and whitecross?
Would it be Hill, Gunston or Murphy

I would like to see Hill say in
I'll let you know in ~T-120minutes

Gunston I would assume would be one, particularly given expected weather conditions, and either Hill or Murphy as you listed also - Hill provides some speed which would be great against the Blues while Muprhy has done a great role on one of their forwards previously. Not sure which way Clarko will lean.

If Hill makes way, who do we turn to for sub duty? Breust and Puopolo, seemingly common selections, both seem to be adding enough to get full game time I would have thought.

Disappointing that Hodge won't be playing (unless of course Clarko is playing ducks and drakes) but it is good news that both (hopefully) whitex and lewis will be back. This is such an important game in the scheme of how the ladder sits and what position we end up in and being the doom and gloom person that I always am before a game, I am once again feeling very nervous as the blues prefer the MCG over Etihad and it's important we get off to a good start and maintain the rage.

Disappointing that Hodge won't be playing (unless of course Clarko is playing ducks and drakes) but it is good news that both (hopefully) whitex and lewis will be back. This is such an important game in the scheme of how the ladder sits and what position we end up in and being the doom and gloom person that I always am before a game, I am once again feeling very nervous as the blues prefer the MCG over Etihad and it's important we get off to a good start and maintain the rage.

I reckon our boys would too though. Etihad schmedihad.
It's a similar argument when people bring up the fact Carlton have just had the bye and will be refreshed and ready to start the second half off on a positive note - so will we!
Give Juddy a "100th with Carlton" to remember by bringing up Buddys 500th and our 9th(?) in a row against them

B: Z.Tuohy M.Jamison N.Duigan
HB: B.Gibbs M.Watson C.Yarran
C: H.Scotland C.Judd K.Simpson
HF: D.Armfield S.Hampson A.Walker
F: J.Garlett M.Kreuzer E.Betts
Foll: R.Warnock M.Robinson A.Carrazzo
Int: J.Bootsma, D.Ellard, A.Joseph & B.McLean

EMG: P.Bower, A.Collins & F.Dale

In: S.Hampson & J.Bootsma
Out: A.Collins (Omitted) & L.Henderson (Groin)

From the Carlton board, could be wrong but if true Henderson is a big out given they're low on talls anyway.

I would like to see a stat for 1 meter or less handballs and their effectiveness in relation to successfeul clearances. The distance of their clearing handballs appeared to always create or hit a player in space with at least two seconds to dispose of the ball.
As opposed to the one meter handabll which usually lands the reciever in the poop.

P.S. Not a fan of one meter or less handballs.

Our ins are good and our outs are good..

Glad Gunston kept his spot this will stretch Carltanks defense. Sorry hill is out but he can come in and play the following week againts the GWS at home and give him a whole game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back