VFL Round 14 v Carlton, Sunday June 30, 12:00pm AEST, Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty to work with , I watched about 30min worth , looked to be blowing pretty hard which you’d expect as he was a PT footballer a month ago . Reckon he will get a crack at it before the years out , really attacks the footy hard , the coaches would love that
To quote Steve Morris after today game
“He’s made a really big impression since arriving at the club and he is knocking on the door for selection “

Am surprised that he was t picked up in MSD, looks like he knows what he’s doing out there
I think Garner could be a perfect replacement for Graham & we could rookie list him. Which would be very good insurance why the kids we draft next season are given time to get up to speed with the AFL & get there bodies ready.

Anyone else think that yassine could be a good rookie shot , might thrive in FT footy environment. Really quick , would like a bit more involvement ,one to watch , Liam George too , only a kid just out of school prob needs another 12m at VFL to build himself up , has good skills
He would be second to MRJ as our small forwards. I don’t rate any other of our smalls although Green dined out in the last quarter today. I’m still not sold on him and need to see more. Yassine has that high initial acceleration where he puts his head down , arches the back and takes off. He stood out today and I would love him on the list. Place has good skills and a smart footy head. Rarely wastes it.

Anyone else think that yassine could be a good rookie shot , might thrive in FT footy environment. Really quick , would like a bit more involvement ,one to watch , Liam George too , only a kid just out of school prob needs another 12m at VFL to build himself up , has good skills
Nahh too slow for afl we have enough of them already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only got to watch the highlights but it looks like Cumbo did some really good stuff through the middle. Thoughts?
Was coming up to stoppage a lot more in a role similar to Dusty at AFL level. Seems to be a lot more suited to this role than playing as a defensive key forward.

I thought it was a very good response by Cumberland. Took a while to get involved but provided good pressure all game. His last Q was exactly what you wanted and had a hand in most of our score involvements in the last. Was given licence to play the high half forward role and if he was to play 4 Q's like that a few weeks in a row would surely be a better bet than Graham in that role. Play like that for a few weeks and he should be back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back