Preview Round 16, 2018: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7th July, 4:05PM ACST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never degrade or badmouth a player for having the heart to put on a St Kilda jumper.... but in what world does this match committee think that Nathan Wright will make it as an AFL player?

I'd prefer to throw Connellan a chance and see what the kids got, not give poor Nathan Wright his 9th crack at it.

I'm angry and it's not even Friday fmd.

Gone small up forward. Was either that or being Marshall but he is probably a bit slower than Battle so can understand why Wright is in. Not a hell of a lot they can do really. Injuries have definitely cruelled us.

Could have brought in Paton or Freeman or Coffield or Minch, I would have preferred any of them given I'm convinced Wright is finished at AFL level.

Incidentally, is Adelaide the only city in the world that has a half hour time difference? I could just look myself, but this is one for all those pub quiz type people who have this type of fact rattling around in their heads.
Trivia Fact: my local state member of parliament is known as “Adelaide”
Because he is half an hour behind everyone else.

Our outs are Stevens, Roberton, Acres, Carlisle, Brown, Battle, Bruce and Minch. Probably others. Quite a bit of experience out the window.

Port in Adelaide not a time to give first games. Or to too many kids with few games.

Good luck Sainters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TLDR: decent selections. Wright a bit frustrating but we need to reward VFL form (still hope he is delisted at the end of the year)

Gilbert - Need experience given Brown and Carlisle are out
Austin - Handy recall - hope he plays a bit more defensively
Webster - Been our best ball user coming out of defence so glad he is in the team
Wright - 3 goals, 6 tackles and plenty of pressure in the VFL so can see why they brought him in - not sure we have better options in the forward line (maybe lonie) - there is no point guys playing well in the vfl and then not rewarding them, we need to be sending the signals that if players play well then they will be picked so not too unhappy.

----

Goddard - would be dissapointed but i can see why we didn't bring him in. Already have joyce in the side and don't think it is a good idea playing too many guys with not much afl experience. Also there is no point letting joyce debut and then dropping him straight away, need to give him a few games to get aclimatised. I think if Goddard keeps playing in the vfl and steps up a bit he will get a few games near the end of the season.

Freeman - really hope he plays well this week and is picked against carlton!
Coffield - i hope he plays well and we bring him in for mackenzie. i hope he is developing into a mid in the vfl but his most recent game didn't look too promising, though he is still very young,.
Marshall - not as mobile as battle and i think a combination of him and mccartin is a bit too slow.

Just like when we played them over there last year where we could do easily have won (without any of the 5 oldest on our list).

That game #ECO'd me.

I'm fine with 3 of the 4 changes. Be good to have an inkling of what's happening with Goddard. Hope he's around for another year as he's clearly not going to get much of a look in this season.

The Wright change is not melt but it's definitely meh.

I've stuck up for Cats Head for a long time and at one stage held high hopes for him. Parting is such sweet sorrow however, and I've since moved on.

Would prefer a re-shuffle and have a Coffield or Freeman or Irish running around, TBH.

Unless Richo thinks Wrighty is a big part of our future? He must buy the worms when Alan and Dave go fishing!

Funnily enough Wright for Battle makes complete sense. As does Austin for Jake & Webster for Rice. Gilbert for Brown though....

Goddard hasn’t proven much if anything at VFL level however the cupboard is totally empty. He should’ve come in for Brown IMO. Austin, Irish & Gilbert as key planks...FMD.

We could conceivably have this chain of ball movement on the weekend:

Geary (kick in)
Gilbert, marks in the pocket, kicks down the line to,
Longer.
No ****ing idea what he does with it but if it manages to hit his shoe, it could perhaps head in the direction of a leading,
Nathan Wright.
Wright spots up Mav Weller, who marks, plays on,
Out of bounds, on the full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back