Autopsy Round 16, 2024 - Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykey will make the hard decisions I’m sure.
Talent or not it’s the effort or lack thereof that’s concerning!
I can hack losing while having a serious dip but just bending over and bracing yourself doesn’t cut it!
Yo needs to look at Dangers attack on the contest V Geelong to see how he can seriously affect a contest !
Being a serious tackler is great but it means your second to the ball!! F**k the tackles just be first to the ball then you don’t need to tackle!

Negates yes!! But impacting the contest? Nah!
Apart from negating he had 15 possessions at 93%DE the highest in the team . 5 tackles tied 3rd most of the team 6 contested possessions

Considering he doesn't kick out or part is of the witherden, gov, duggan kick to kick start padding he has done well .

Apart from negating he had 15 possessions at 93%DE the highest in the team . 5 tackles tied 3rd most of the team 6 contested possessions

Considering he doesn't kick out or part is of the witherden, gov, duggan kick to kick start padding he has done well .
Yep! Dem stats really impacted some contests he didnt!

Agree, Gin (and hangovers) take you somewhere else.
Gin - cushioned
Whisky - aggressive (bad hangovers)
Vodka - revved up
Bourbon - mellow
Tequila - crazy
Nah Wine , particularly Reds get you the bad hangovers,
Whiskey is completely innocent, unless it's a Islay.
The more it tastes like a campfire put out with mermaid tears the better.

What concerns me is the process generally takes time. We wouldn't be so reckless as to not interview candidates, turn over every stone and i feel that to do this we must be ahead of the curb.

We can't interview people until Simmo is told he will not be coaching next year. Why wait till the end of the year if we know the direction we will be heading?

Whether the club wants Simmo to coach out the rest of the year is inconsequential. Likewise whether he would even want to.

The most pressing issue is are we moving forward without him and if we are it's certainly in our best interests to start looking now before other clubs follow suit.

Do you honestly think the club hasnt thought about this and already has a shortlist of coaches? And that the ones at the top of the list havent been approached off the record to gauge interest?

Dean Cox at the Swans?
Ash Hansen has a big rap.

And there is always the ultimate fall back......break glass if we are totally crazy.......Sumich:tearsofjoy::oops::eek::$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** we have such a weird nuff supporter base.

Applause?

Assuming it’s the “Oh gosh we just have to back in the boys!!!” crowd

Wonder if the grey portion of the crowd broke into a stirring rendition of the club song when they walked off too.

Do you honestly think the club hasnt thought about this and already has a shortlist of coaches? And that the ones at the top of the list havent been approached off the record to gauge interest?

Dean Cox at the Swans?
Ash Hansen has a big rap.

And there is always the ultimate fall back......break glass if we are totally crazy.......Sumich:tearsofjoy::oops::eek::$

Do you honestly believe they would have been approached yet without Adam Simpson having knowledge that his tenure will be up at seasons end?

I don’t.

Get the young guys in the team, i am really over watching players who have been given chance after chance and never perform.

Dewar Barrass Baker
Hall mcgovern Hough
Brockman Kelly Chesser
Reid Williams Hutchinson
Ryan Allen Waternam
Followers Livingstone Yeo Reid
Bench Culley Rawlinson Ginbey Maric

Get the young guys in the team, i am really over watching players who have been given chance after chance and never perform.

Dewar Barrass Baker
Hall mcgovern Hough
Brockman Kelly Chesser
Reid Williams Hutchinson
Ryan Allen Waternam
Followers Livingstone Yeo Reid
Bench Culley Rawlinson Ginbey Maric
swear i've seen this same post 5 times

Would hate to be the guy that has to write up '5 things we learnt'.
The last 3 season's qualifications for this job - needs to be able to apply lipstick to a pig, turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, and qualifications to polish a turd?

Perhaps '5 things we didn't learn' is now more applicable.
1 - we didn't learn 'to learn from it'
2 - we didn't learn to own it
3 - we didn't learn synergy
4 - we didn't learn the need to get better
5 - we didn't learn compliance

Anyway, it's a sunny day, that's something.

Last edited:
Hate to be the guy that has to write up '5 things we learnt'.
The last 3 season's qualifications for this job - needs to be able to apply lipstick to a pig, turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, and qualifications to polish a turd?

Perhaps '5 things we didn't learn' is now more applicable.
1 - we didn't learn 'to learn from it'
2 - we didn't learn to own it
3 - we didn't learn synergy
4 - we didn't learn the need to get better
5 - we didn't learn compliance

Anyway, it's a sunny day, that's something.

6) we learnt to have a big laugh at the silly fans who payed decent money to attend the game ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back