Preview Round 16: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Etihad - Sunday 4:40pm, 19/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, im overseas at the moment and may have missed the Titch Edwards news. What happened with his leg in the end? Will he be back for us this year? And while you're at it, Corey Ellis too?
Hairline fracture 2-3 weeks
C.Ellis could have been ready for the twos but they are holding him back 1 more week.

being played in position helps. being played for a full bloody game helps too. I hope he has a blinder and bends dimma over

How would it be bending the coach over after the coach has selected him after making him work his arse off to get into the team? A lot of these kids just want it handed to them.... make them hungry I reckon, make them really earn it.

McDonough was sub par during his last stint at the level and looked as though he couldn't run out of sight on a dark night. He gassed out pretty easily (it might have been against the Cats last year, or maybe not, I remember it being dry...). Now hopefully he's done a lot of hard work. His performances in the VFL look the most consistent they have ever been and he may be truly ready to have a decent crack at it. Good coaching in my opinion. I have absolutely no confidence McDonough wants it enough to actually make at this level, despite his obvious talent, same with Lennon. They need to show desire/real effort and heart this weekend. That's all I want to see from them. Their skills are miles better than Gordon, Morris, Lambert and Hunt so if they can match the efforts of the lesser lights, they'll be more effective.

How would it be bending the coach over after the coach has selected him after making him work his arse off to get into the team? A lot of these kids just want it handed to them.... make them hungry I reckon, make them really earn it.

McDonough was sub par during his last stint at the level and looked as though he couldn't run out of sight on a dark night. He gassed out pretty easily (it might have been against the Cats last year, or maybe not, I remember it being dry...). Now hopefully he's done a lot of hard work. His performances in the VFL look the most consistent they have ever been and he may be truly ready to have a decent crack at it. Good coaching in my opinion. I have absolutely no confidence McDonough wants it enough to actually make at this level, despite his obvious talent, same with Lennon. They need to show desire/real effort and heart this weekend. That's all I want to see from them. Their skills are miles better than Gordon, Morris, Lambert and Hunt so if they can match the efforts of the lesser lights, they'll be more effective.

Agree with this 100%. McDonough needs to take this opportunity weather he has the vest or not. The ball is in his court. If he plays 1 qtr, 3 qtrs or entire game he needs to seize the opportunity with no excuses.

Probably bookmark Gordan for 2-3 goals and Newman to get 15+ and a goal. Both are downhill skiers and will justify their place to Hardwick against St Kilda.

McDonough or Lennon (if playing a full game) might get 12-20 and a goal but because the experienced players performed at least 1 of Lenno and McDonough will be dropped the following week.

I don't mind Lennon and McDonough being made to earn games, I just wish it was consistent across the board with players in AFL being required to justify their selection. Seems Newmans selection is automatic and Gordon is first choice replacement regardless of VFL form.

Gordon is behind C.Ellis when he is fit. Lennon/McDonough need to make themselves that choice. Gordon has kicked clutch goals during times in 2014 and probably has more runs on the board than the other 2 at this stage. It's up to them now....

Gordon is behind C.Ellis when he is fit. Lennon/McDonough need to make themselves that choice. Gordon has kicked clutch goals during times in 2014 and probably has more runs on the board than the other 2 at this stage. It's up to them now....

I hope for the sake of the side they do. The team is only as strong as its weakest link. If these guys are in fierce competition for spots it will only make us stronger

Never understood the fascination with milestones. These are professionals. It's not as if they need a reason to "get up" for a game. Moreover, it's hard to think of any other job where this is even a thing. I've never seen anyone put up a banner in my office for, say, someone's one thousandth day at work.
You mean other than father-son or life membership?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish Gordon was in 2014 form. Dunno what happened to him. :(

Very nervous about tommorow. We have some key outs and some plodders still playing and I have no faith in Hampson or Maric as forwards.

We will need the fantastic 5 to carry us
St Kilda are the team I get least nervous about. Jack slays them and our backline won't let them score.

It does suck but imagine waking up Sunday morning knowing the three teams directly below us all lost which is possible ( Coll-w bull-gws ) and a Richmond win will give us a very handy 2 game break on 7th.
Only the Sydbey and Fremantle games I'm interested in. Who cares if we finish 5th or 8th. Difference between 5th and 4th is huge.

Only the Sydbey and Fremantle games I'm interested in. Who cares if we finish 5th or 8th. Difference between 5th and 4th is huge.
Yeah it doesn't matter much as it is likely that the 5th-8th teams will be victorian teams (Collingwood, Richmond, Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Geelong all in the mix). GWS and Adelaide can make it too, but at this stage it looks like they will come in at 7th-8th if they make it.

Very nervous about tommorow. We have some key outs and some plodders still playing and I have no faith in Hampson or Maric as forwards.

We will need the fantastic 5 to carry us
That is, if Dustin Martin is fit to play :cry:

Seriously, if Dusty is too sore to play and therefore a late out, I would not be surprised if we lost the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back