Preview Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, PFS, 4:35pm Saturday 29/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reef has some tricks but his tank is a serious issue in his fourth year and he just does not get enough of the footy. He has been handy enough in the injury crisis but he is so far off our best 23.
He’s averaging 6 disposals and has had multiple games as sub. How many disposals per game should he be getting playing the role he’s playing under those circumstances? Most forwards go at around maybe 10 disposals a game, then maybe have 15-18 if they have a blinder. As far as I can see, pretty much all his low disposal games came as sub, one of which he only got 2 disposals but had maybe 10 minutes of game time against Port. His full games this year he’s performed well, kicking multiple goals and getting around 9-12 disposals which is perfectly fine for a young forward being asked to play as a key tall.

He’s averaging 6 disposals and has had multiple games as sub. How many disposals per game should he be getting playing the role he’s playing under those circumstances? Most forwards go at around maybe 10 disposals a game, then maybe have 15-18 if they have a blinder. As far as I can see, pretty much all his low disposal games came as sub, one of which he only got 2 disposals but had maybe 10 minutes of game time against Port. His full games this year he’s performed well, kicking multiple goals and getting around 9-12 disposals which is perfectly fine for a young forward being asked to play as a key tall.
St Kilda and Hawthorn he played nice full games games against.

Using the sub is a bit of a cop out. 75% game time for 4 disposals, 1 mark and 1 goal against Brisbane.
4 disposals and 2 goals in more than a half against Adelaide.
3 disposals and 1 goal in a half against North Melbourne.

He's not a better option than anybody who has been selected this week, and there's still 3-4 potentially best 22 forwards to return in the future

‘moist’ can trigger a lot of people

angry panda GIF by Steve Konklin

Yeah, he’s still building a KP body as well so not big in the traditional KP sense.

Maybe it’s the “lank” that fooled me lol

Any time I’ve seen him play forward he plays more like a lead up forward so I guess it threw me

Ideally I reckon it would be better for Dean’s long term development to keep playing consecutive games but in terms of this specific game, Howe should be fine with the form he’s been in

St Kilda and Hawthorn he played nice full games games against.

Using the sub is a bit of a cop out. 75% game time for 4 disposals, 1 mark and 1 goal against Brisbane.
4 disposals and 2 goals in more than a half against Adelaide.
3 disposals and 1 goal in a half against North Melbourne.

He's not a better option than anybody who has been selected this week, and there's still 3-4 potentially best 22 forwards to return in the future
Im not arguing that he’s a better option than anyone selected this week. I’m saying his numbers aren’t as bad as you’re making out they are given his age, position and circumstances. And I can understand why he’d be tempted to look elsewhere for more opportunity.

I’m genuinely curious about where you think his numbers should be for a young relatively physically underdeveloped forward who’s been forced in to playing a position he’s not yet (and might never) be suited for?

That's a cute suit you're wearing - where did you get it?

That's what I wear on casual days at work (unless it's Hawaiian shirt day).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting back to the match :p:think:Guess Richards as sub - ease back into it. Must have been line ball with Dean he was putting together a good string of games together. Reef, I love what he brings and in most teams would get a game every weak. The problem is that his positioning at times is really poor. He has great moments, then most of time always trailing the defender.

Getting back to the match :p:think:Guess Richards as sub - ease back into it. Must have been line ball with Dean he was putting together a good string of games together. Reef, I love what he brings and in most teams would get a game every weak. The problem is that his positioning at times is really poor. He has great moments, then most of time always trailing the defender.
I thought Dean was sub, not that I mind if Richards is. I'm not overly fussed because I think we'll win either way.

I thought Dean was sub, not that I mind if Richards is. I'm not overly fussed because I think we'll win either way.
Dean the travelling emergency? We won’t know the sub until an hour before the game.

Collingwood players are staying pretty close to us and some other supporters here we’ve bumped into while out for dinner have taken some selfies with a couple of players and even Fly

Hoping we can bump into a few so the kids can take a few snaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back