Prediction Round 17, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So keeping the valley of the giants forward line, dropping a guy who was playing well in a new role 2 weeks ago and then weirdly subbed out and a week later used as a sub.....and bringing in a bloke who's been there a couple of weeks and did f all in the 2s last week

Might be more messages going around the playing group this week

if maric was the text culprit then it makes sense

Yea but those guys are getting opportunities apparently….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think the MC gets that 'opportunity' implies the chance to actually achieve something, i.e. having a good run of games and cementing a spot in the team

I think more apt wording would be that the players are getting appearances in the team

He's not the scapegoat though...just the worst player on the ground for us on the day so he needs to get dropped...rebuild aside...10 minutes on the ground aside...darling having about the same possessions the whole game aside ..etc etc

Who’s said he was the worst player on the ground?

Other than you.

You're sarcasm detector not working?

I picked up the sarcasm in “he’s not the scapegoat”. Which makes me assume you’re still insisting he is a scapegoat. Which is ridiculous for the reasons I’ve outlined. But nevertheless you’re going to keep going, no doubt.

Simmo remembering Reid's age and resisting the urge to make him the sub and then drop him next week

x5q34.jpg

Last edited:
if maric was the text culprit then it makes sense

It's the only explanation that makes sense, or our MC don't know what they're doing. There's pretty strong evidence this could be true too

7 dispoals, 2 marks, 2 tackles and 0 goals in the WAFL were Hutchinsons stats last week. I have nothing at all against the guy but how the hell can you reward that with a senior game and not expect confusion or worse amongst the rest of the list?

It's the only explanation that makes sense, or our MC don't know what they're doing. There's pretty strong evidence this could be true too

7 dispoals, 2 marks, 2 tackles and 0 goals in the WAFL were Hutchinsons stats last week. I have nothing at all against the guy but how the hell can you reward that with a senior game and not expect confusion or worse amongst the rest of the list?

I don't mind the inclusion if we're trying to assess a rookie prospect to see if it's going to work, if that's the case then give him a full game

same reason I've been pushing for HEdwards inclusion - he's out of contract at the end of this year and we need to make a call, why not give him an 'opportunity' as the club like to say?

if he's named as the sub, plays 10 minutes, and then goes back to the WAFL next week, I'm going to be annoyed

You ever picked an AFL team?

jon-stewart-half-baked.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting pretty tired of Simpson and his match committee bullshit. It's just exhausting and debilitating as a supporter to watch the same thing over an over 💤

Instead of looking forward to the game to see what exciting young depth players have been named and what new blood I can get behind in this REBUILDING side, I get the same shit show as last week, bar Hutchinson who's an unbackable favourite to be the sub for 10 minutes of game time.

I'm borderline at the point where I hope we're totally noncompetitive again and get annihilated, just so the blowtorch stays on Simpson and change might finally come 🔥

Getting pretty tired of Simpson and his match committee bullshit. It's just exhausting and debilitating as a supporter to watch the same thing over an over 💤

I'm borderline at the point where I hope we're totally noncompetitive again and get annihilated, just so the blowtorch stays in him and change might finally come 🔥

"okay guys we hear you loud and clear, it is time to make some changes"

OUT: Johnson, Hutchinson
IN: Gaff, Sheed

at least when Woosh debut players he used to lock them in for a good 2-3 game chunk

Nah. Remember when Swiftsa would come on with his slick back hair, be sub for 1 game then get dropped?

Ditto Stevens. We raged about it at the time then too.

How you can assess a players football career and make snap calls to drop them after such a small sample size whilst giving others unlimited free rides is beyond me.

Instead of looking forward to the game to see what exciting young depth players have been named and what new blood I can get behind in this REBUILDING side, I get the same shit show as last week, bar Hutchinson who's an unbackable favourite to be the sub for 10 minutes of game time.

I'm borderline at the point where I hope we're totally noncompetitive again and get annihilated, just so the blowtorch stays on Simpson and change might finally come 🔥

Time for Simpson and his match committee to give this overused, unfunny joke a rest?

I don't mind the inclusion if we're trying to assess a rookie prospect to see if it's going to work, if that's the case then give him a full game

same reason I've been pushing for HEdwards inclusion - he's out of contract at the end of this year and we need to make a call, why not give him an 'opportunity' as the club like to say?

if he's named as the sub, plays 10 minutes, and then goes back to the WAFL next week, I'm going to be annoyed

Don't mind that logic I guess, but you need some sort of selection integrity. I mean, 7 touches?

Also I just assumed Hutch was on one of those 18 month contracts the MSD guys can request. Pretty ballsy move to make if not

What are we going to loose if we drop Chesser to the WAFL and let somebody new have a go at this wing position at AFL level? Our chance to play finals this year?

It is not like Chesser set the world on fire when he played his 3 or so WAFL games.
Are you going to name the players who you want to play instead ? Over the last few weeks Harvey and Burgiel have been as bad as Chesser but in the wafl.

Nah. Remember when Swiftsa would come on with his slick back hair, be sub for 1 game then get dropped?

Ditto Stevens. We raged about it at the time then too.

How you can assess a players football career and make snap calls to drop them after such a small sample size whilst giving others unlimited free rides is beyond me.

swiftsa played 4 games in a row when he debuted

stevens got unalived in his first game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back