Prediction Round 17, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty surprised Hutchinson is straight back in….wouldve thought building form at WAFL level was important?

Good to see JWill back, him and Bailey had a good thing going on there for a bit before Flynn returned.

Maric out is stiff. I think his future is in defence, I’d have probably just dumped Rotham if he’s unlikely to get a contract next year and try play Ryan as a loose man in defence. He has a boot on him, we should be getting him to use it and create off HBF.

Have we tried sacking Jacob Brennan?

I'd say Maric out has to do with them not wanting to play him twice as sub. He also doesn't have a set position in the team atm. So it's fair enough.

Hutchinson is an odd inclusion though. Maybe because he is older than the other kids they don't mind if he misses full game time in the WAFL.

I like Hutchinson as an in, I think his attributes (not his output in the WAFL) are worth a shot, but that's assuming he plays a full game.

Otherwise the "experiment" with a new player isn't worth shit.

Still there could have been more changes. I guess I'm not raging as much since I missed last week's game.

Johnston to sub, Hutch to see the family and push comes to shove can play FF if there’s shenanigans.
I'd say Maric out has to do with them not wanting to play him twice as sub. He also doesn't have a set position in the team atm. So it's fair enough.
These two posts sum up the changes perfectly. But no, we have to go down the conspiracy theory path 🤦‍♂️

+1 for hoping Maric is being sent back to WAFL to play half back

Getting pretty tired of Simpson and his match committee bullshit. It's just exhausting and debilitating as a supporter to watch the same thing over an over 💤

Instead of looking forward to the game to see what exciting young depth players have been named and what new blood I can get behind in this REBUILDING side, I get the same shit show as last week, bar Hutchinson who's an unbackable favourite to be the sub for 10 minutes of game time.

I'm borderline at the point where I hope we're totally noncompetitive again and get annihilated, just so the blowtorch stays on Simpson and change might finally come 🔥
I'm with you brother, I'm with you sadly.

Anything but this groundhog day bullshit Simpson keeps dishing up.....if he had it his way the same players would be playing until they turned 60 and he'd be saying the same...backing in the players and credits in the bank bullshit because they won a flag in 2018.

Are you going to name the players who you want to play instead ? Over the last few weeks Harvey and Burgiel have been as bad as Chesser but in the wafl.

It is not really Chesser or nothing for this red wing position. Apparently, stats are not that important if you are playing this position. If not, Chesser wouldn't be playing 15 games straight. As I said earlier, Chesser didn't play all that well in his WAFL games so it wouldn't hurt if Burgiel or somebody else gets to play AFL irrespective of their form in the WAFL.

We could even try Dewar in this gimp red wing position. At the very least Dewar would lmake his disposals count even if he ends up getting the same low disposal numbers that Chesser gets constantly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Simpson's in 'Save job' mode and not' development' mode.

Keeping in guys like Darling over Maric is proof of this, despite Maric probably playing better than Darling.

I dunno why he backs in the 'leaders' so much, considering half of them are the ones letting him down.
Hasn’t your tune changed rapidly.
Talk about hypocrisy…………pfffffttttt

Good opportunity to give Dewar a game in an apparent rebuild year. Sure selecting 4 small forwards might seem a bit much. But Brockman and Ryan can spend time in the middle. Land of the giants has proven to fail again and again.

Hutch has been at the club for a month or so, and is already one of Simmo's favouritest bestestest buddy buds buds. I think he'll be a decent player in time but it is a slap in the face of others toiling away in the WAFL much longer.

Good opportunity to give Dewar a game in an apparent rebuild year. Sure selecting 4 small forwards might seem a bit much. But Brockman and Ryan can spend time in the middle. Land of the giants has proven to fail again and again.

Hutch has been at the club for a month or so, and is already one of Simmo's favouritest bestestest buddy buds buds. I think he'll be a decent player in time but it is a slap in the face of others toiling away in the WAFL much longer.

We need as many small forwards as we can get playing considering Brockman hasn’t kicked a goal all year and Ryan hasn’t kicked one the past 3 games…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah not sure what Hutchinson did to demand a recall apart from keeping the structure of being way too ****ing tall.

Some seriously bizarre selections this year.

Hutchinson inclusion rivals mitch brown to the forward in an elimination final as the most bizzare inclusion of all time.

It's the only explanation that makes sense, or our MC don't know what they're doing. There's pretty strong evidence this could be true too

7 dispoals, 2 marks, 2 tackles and 0 goals in the WAFL were Hutchinsons stats last week. I have nothing at all against the guy but how the hell can you reward that with a senior game and not expect confusion or worse amongst the rest of the list?
I was at the WAFL game and Hutchinson played up the ground for most of it and his stats probably make it look like he actually played better than he did.
Sorry but wtf kind of selection is this, there were probably 8 guys who deserve a game more than him based off last weeks WAFL game and we didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back