Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

On form we win this comfortably.

Will be interesting to see how we handle the different dimensions by needing to play more through the middle.

As well as our goal kicking considering how poor it’s been with many of the players never having played there or only played once.

Will be interesting to see how we handle the different dimensions by needing to play more through the middle.

As well as our goal kicking considering how poor it’s been with many of the players never having played there or only played once.
What holds us in good stead is that we've been so good in close regardless of the ground, and at GMHBA everything is in close. It will prove the most challenging for guys like CJ, Impey and Weddle who will want to get on the outside and run - unfortunately there's so little space given that there's only one actual wing.

What holds us in good stead is that we've been so good in close regardless of the ground, and at GMHBA everything is in close. It will prove the most challenging for guys like CJ, Impey and Weddle who will want to get on the outside and run - unfortunately there's so little space given that there's only one actual wing.
They will have to try and use the fact it’s a longer ground to generate space. Something Geelong do well.

The plus side is they should have a big impact defensively by being able to cover the Geelong getting into space which is the only way they really score.

A few other games between finals contenders this week all around us on the ladder.
Carlton v GWS,
Port v Dogs
Coll v Bombers
Lions v a better looking Crows (and still think the Lions are flaky)

Plus Suns v North @ Marvel...Yet to win outside of home.

What a massive game. Can't wait.

We get in the 8 if we win. Would be huge.

And after the game Chris Scott said that Tom Stewart would probably be the best small forward in the comp if he played there.
Speaking of “con men”. He also said after 5 consecutive losses they were in really good form…

Dear- Lewis

Ollie Henry our concern.

Gunston the best he’s been at ground level for the year yesterday. Was superb below his knees. Cant see a rest for him.

Stengle like Betts & Cameron can’t seem to handle Dimmas Stratton/Gibbo pre match “greeting”.

Dimma-Stengle
Imp- Close
Amon - Miers
Scrim-Henry
Frosty - Neale
Wedds- Cameron

Dimma goes back

Bruest goes forward

Harry can not be left out. Smart. Sets up. Gives shape. Reliable in everything he does by foot. Straight kick at goal.

I can't watch Geelong games at the best of times. Thankfully for my mental health I'll have my own game of local footy then our annual ball that night to keep me away from a television.

Will check in on the scores and hope like hell there's a great replay to watch when I get home sloshed.

Not going in with any expectations, because it's Geelong. Should change their names from Cats to the Cockroaches.

0 chance Sicily plays. He is our 2nd best player. If it was a final different story however he won’t be risked considering it would be season ending if it popped out again

Ligaments holding the arm in socket won't tighten over a couple rest weeks, only thing that will change is inflammation will go down.
From here out, he can strap it and try to play or not. If he's resting he should be out for the year with the plan for off season surgery to get ready for next year.

Ligaments holding the arm in socket won't tighten over a couple rest weeks, only thing that will change is inflammation will go down.
From here out, he can strap it and try to play or not. If he's resting he should be out for the year with the plan for off season surgery to get ready for next year.
Yes, the damage is done. He'll most likely need a reco after the grand final. As long as it still works OK I expect there is little point in resting the joint now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my grand final - the one I really want to win. We might or might not make finals but I just want to win this by a good 4-5 goals.

Or win by 1 point.

On a free kick after the siren.

We have a few test in the injured department.

Out: Dear Managed
Test: Ginnivan, Sicily

In: Lewis, Ward, Maginness
The later two if injury takes Ginni and Sis.

Yes, the damage is done. He'll most likely need a reco after the grand final. As long as it still works OK I expect there is little point in resting the joint now.
So lift the cup with one arm only on GF day?

It's been a few decades since I've been to a game at Geelong (and in those days I'd ride my motorbike, now I'm old and feel the cold too much to consider that). Are there many training it? If one were to drive, is parking an issue (according to the GMBHA stadium there is limited parking on gameday). I feel like such a tourist. Any advice from locals/those in the know much appreciated.

Seems to be an arsy goal from pocket place. I’m looking at you Wizard

It's been a few decades since I've been to a game at Geelong (and in those days I'd ride my motorbike, now I'm old and feel the cold too much to consider that). Are there many training it? If one were to drive, is parking an issue (according to the GMBHA stadium there is limited parking on gameday). I feel like such a tourist. Any advice from locals/those in the know much appreciated.
this guy at Geelong station gives good directions

Banjo Deliverance GIF

Deffs gonna train it up, (so I can drink obvs)
11:10 or 11:50 from Southern Cross sounds. Haven't been to Geelong in years, but have done some research to find some good places to eat/drink before and after

Remove this Banner Ad

Back