Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been a few decades since I've been to a game at Geelong (and in those days I'd ride my motorbike, now I'm old and feel the cold too much to consider that). Are there many training it? If one were to drive, is parking an issue (according to the GMBHA stadium there is limited parking on gameday). I feel like such a tourist. Any advice from locals/those in the know much appreciated.
You'd have to have someone read your post out loud for a local to answer you.

And you know it will be Wiz getting a head high tackle in the goal square in front of the Cats cheer squad!

And shooshing them as they go ape sh1t!!
We are 6 points down at the time. He shushes them before he kicks it. His kick misses 1 point, some geelong player gives him a serve and knocks him on his ass, he gets another kick and slots it.

Gameplan is simple.
Keep the ball low, run it through the middle.

Gmhba is a sign ground, and kicks which normally go to 25 out at normal grounds, instead go to 5 out due to the length of the ground.

Straight line leads. The width makes leading at angles difficult and leads to kicks going out on the full

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gameplan is simple.
Keep the ball low, run it through the middle.

Gmhba is a sign ground, and kicks which normally go to 25 out at normal grounds, instead go to 5 out due to the length of the ground.

Straight line leads. The width makes leading at angles difficult and leads to kicks going out on the full
We spent the majority of the game on the weekend slingshotting through the middle off half back potentially in preparation for GMHBA. They will clog up the flanks which is what they do down there and back there defence to resist our ball movement. Keep it kamikaze and force confusion where to run to and we will open them up. Keep shape behind the ball in preparedness of a turnover as they are lethal when it happens. We do this we are every chance.

We spent the majority of the game on the weekend slingshotting through the middle off half back potentially in preparation for GMHBA. They will clog up the flanks which is what they do down there and back there defence to resist our ball movement. Keep it kamikaze and force confusion where to run to and we will open them up. Keep shape behind the ball in preparedness of a turnover as they are lethal when it happens. We do this we are every chance.
I did notice that, but felt it was more the quality of the game, we will find out.

The reason the dockers and eagles were so successful at cat Park for years was it was similar dimensions to subiaco.

They say dimensions mean nothing, at geelong it does

Out: Morrison, Sicily (inj), Dear (inj)
In: Breust, Lewis, Phillips

Also how the bloody hell are we going to fit in Wingard??

I don't think we will. I'll be surprised if he plays another game for us personally. Not accounting for potential injuries to our current small forwards.

Calsh mainly on the side with coaches so the swap with Lewis seems likely
Didn’t see Lewis trained with either Team A (players who played against WC) from 1030am or Team B(players who didn’t play against WC but trained before 1030am) :)
Thursday training could be telling.

Pix below Sam training with Team B :)

Mc Cabe just told me that he’ll play Box Hill this week.
He’s in.

There is a play when Sam was caught by Ramma holding the ball.

1719885180967.png

Interesting article here (with photos) on ground size. KP is 10m longer than the MCG (6%), and 26m narrower (18%). Also one wing is flattened due to the street location. Definitely the most unique ground to play on.

Interesting article here (with photos) on ground size. KP is 10m longer than the MCG (6%), and 26m narrower (18%). Also one wing is flattened due to the street location. Definitely the most unique ground to play on.

I remember being very annoyed by this article when it came out because of it's conclusion on Geelong not having an advantage at home.

I'll have to read it again to see if I still feel the same way.

Seriously bananas you can build a new ground and it not be to a standard dimension. Grandfather the old ones sure, but you want to play AFL at a new ground? Here’s the dimensions.

Imagine the NFL soccer had differed size/shape grounds.

Flip side is it hamstrings those teams on GF day at the G.

Nothing gets your juices flowing more than a meaningful game against Geelong, when both teams are looking fairly even and both sides need the win.

Their fans are up and about now we aren't pushovers anymore.

The AFL would be ruing the fact this isn't scheduled at the G. There would have been a huge 80k crowd.

So not too dissimilar to Adelaide Oval (bar the munted wing), which we played quite well at.

Nothing gets your juices flowing more than a meaningful game against Geelong, when both teams are looking fairly even and both sides need the win.

Their fans are up and about now we aren't pushovers anymore.

The AFL would be ruing the fact this isn't scheduled at the G. There would have been a huge 80k crowd.
It's funny, because their excuse was a street on 1 side and a car park on the other...
They close the car park for all games...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back