Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

B - Hardwick - Frost - Scrimshaw
HB - Sicily - Weddle - Amon
C - D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
FOL - Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
HF - Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
F - Ginnivan - Chol - Watson
INT - Gunston - Nash - Mackenzie - Impey - Breust (sub)

Ins: Breust, Lewis
Ours: Morrison, Dear

Speaking of “con men”. He also said after 5 consecutive losses they were in really good form…

Dear- Lewis

Ollie Henry our concern.

Gunston the best he’s been at ground level for the year yesterday. Was superb below his knees. Cant see a rest for him.

Stengle like Betts & Cameron can’t seem to handle Dimmas Stratton/Gibbo pre match “greeting”.

Dimma-Stengle
Imp- Close
Amon - Miers
Scrim-Henry
Frosty - Neale
Wedds- Cameron

Dimma goes back

Bruest goes forward

Harry can not be left out. Smart. Sets up. Gives shape. Reliable in everything he does by foot. Straight kick at goal.
I like it except i think Miers might get away from Amon. I reckon put CJ on him and put Amon up onto the wing.

Some of the comments in their preview thread are insane for a team that has done nothing for 2 months outside of beat the worst team in the league at home and then got on the end of some very generous umpiring against the fraudulent bombers.

Tipping the midfield + Meek to run riot and dominate in a big way, the rest will take care of itself. The Watson shush celebration will feed families and this time Connor Mac will be dialling up the RSPCA to report 22 missing cats.
Went to their thread expecting typical Geelong arrogance, and was disappointed. They’re all quite reasonable. Assholes.

I don't think we will. I'll be surprised if he plays another game for us personally. Not accounting for potential injuries to our current small forwards.
Guess what he needs to do is to perform at a level where he can't be ignored. If he can then sustain that form we'll find room for him. If not, you're right, he may not get another chance. But personally I reckon he's good enough to find his way back into the side over the next 4 weeks.

I like it except i think Miers might get away from Amon. I reckon put CJ on him and put Amon up onto the wing.
Karl has a different role now to his past pretty much exclusive wing spot.

He’s used for kick outs and we use his leg out of deep rebound 50.

He’s one of our very best to launch transition.

If he doesn’t take Miers it’ll be Close.

if his previous injury is anything to go by, you'd be right.
May as well end his year now then.

Only surgery is making it better. Not 2,4 or 6 weeks out.

It’s been indicated no further damage.

If he wants to play… we play him.

There’s going to be a massive “if only” if we sit him out.

Plenty have and do run around with the same issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karl has a different role now to his past pretty much exclusive wing spot.

He’s used for kick outs and we use his leg out of deep rebound 50.

He’s one of our very best to launch transition.

If he doesn’t take Miers it’ll be Close.
Yeah, i know what his role is. However, those guys (Miers in particular) need to be checked really close and i think that's not really his game. Cj will play him a lot tighter IMO, and still run off him and be damaging the other way.
The other thing is if we get on top in the middle and the boys are feeding it out to Amon the ball is going to enter our forward fifty a lot nicer that last weekend.

I feel confident w Sicily in the team.
Much less so without him.

We need to win 2 of the next three games and the rest of the season will take care of itself imo.

These three games are a prelude to the finals. Win them and we’re in it, probably the 3rd best team in the competition For form.

May as well end his year now then.

Only surgery is making it better. Not 2,4 or 6 weeks out.

It’s been indicated no further damage.

If he wants to play… we play him.

There’s going to be a massive “if only” if we sit him out.

Plenty have and do run around with the same issue.
maybe, but we'll leave it to the docs to figure that out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back