Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

The 12.30pm train from Southern Cross to Geelong will become the Hawthorn Express.

From Geelong either walk to a pub or take the replacement coach to South Geelong.

I’ll have a look for nearby pubs to the ground tonight. Q
For anyone looking for tickets it looks like they have released some seats at the back of the Duckwood stand
the catch is you have to stoop down low to enter the seating area.

Hey mate have you got the link, went off the AFL site and only tickets for 1 available. Trying to get 3 together 😬
They were in C38 or C39. It was only a couple of rows so may have quickly gone

Hope the captain gets up of course but my fear of Siss not playing isn’t as big as it was in the past as we still have Frost, Scrim, Impey, Amon and Dimma providing experience/leadership down back all in good form playing well together. And Weds will hopefully have a catnip effect on Cameron!

Last edited:
Yeah absolutely no one is concerned about Danger in 2024 but they cling onto his relevance big time.

I'm sure some of them will be reading this praying he will have a big game, don't worry guys another 21 touch, 6 clanger game coming to save the day.
Like I said last week too we will win this also with or thought "No"-danger.

Karl has a different role now to his past pretty much exclusive wing spot.

He’s used for kick outs and we use his leg out of deep rebound 50.

He’s one of our very best to launch transition.

If he doesn’t take Miers it’ll be Close.
So are you saying if he does take Miers we will win by more?

Hope Sic gets up but doubt he plays . Will get even sorer come tomorrow and Thursday .

I wouldn't be too worried about what they are doing.
If we can replicate our intensity and team play of the last 8 weeks , it's game on .

We have some players/weapons that can hurt them now .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis is the only certain in.

The Sis replacement could be any of Serong, Phillips, DGB, or Mitchell if we go smaller.

Breust might not come back in, if he does, is Morrison an automatic out? Why?

Do we want to play Hardwick forward again and bring in Mitchell?

Probably the most unknown week for selection in months. Sis and Dear look to be out. Lewis and Serong are the likely ins, but there’s probably 6 that could easily be selected without any real shock.

I've been to a few BHH games this year & think that Serong will come in for Sicily. Personally though, I reckon it's time DGB had a run. If you've watched him live, maybe you'll understand. His impact isn't reflected in stats & he's a relatively big fish in a smaller pond at the VFL. He's been the general in the back line & obviously targeted at a couple of games I've seen. This won't happen in the AFL. Behind the play, Growers was pretty aggressive last week with the obvious intent to try & unsettle Denver. At times he took the bait. At some point this year I'd like to see selectors role the dice. At the very least, he'll throw himself at everything, kill the ball & create stoppages. When he's on, he's also a great intercept mark.

Lewis is the only certain in.

The Sis replacement could be any of Serong, Phillips, DGB, or Mitchell if we go smaller.

Breust might not come back in, if he does, is Morrison an automatic out? Why?

Do we want to play Hardwick forward again and bring in Mitchell?

Probably the most unknown week for selection in months. Sis and Dear look to be out. Lewis and Serong are the likely ins, but there’s probably 6 that could easily be selected without any real shock.
good problems

Karl has a different role now to his past pretty much exclusive wing spot.

He’s used for kick outs and we use his leg out of deep rebound 50.

He’s one of our very best to launch transition.

If he doesn’t take Miers it’ll be Close.
Amon having a great season now he’s settled into the back 7, going at over 80% DE. Fantastic left leg on him!

May as well end his year now then.

Only surgery is making it better. Not 2,4 or 6 weeks out.

It’s been indicated no further damage.

If he wants to play… we play him.

There’s going to be a massive “if only” if we sit him out.

Plenty have and do run around with the same issue.
If Sicily sadly goes not get up, I reckon Scrimshaw would relish the opportunity to step up and then Jai Serong can step in to Scrimshaw’s role.

I've been to a few BHH games this year & think that Serong will come in for Sicily. Personally though, I reckon it's time DGB had a run. If you've watched him live, maybe you'll understand. His impact isn't reflected in stats & he's a relatively big fish in a smaller pond at the VFL. He's been the general in the back line & obviously targeted at a couple of games I've seen. This won't happen in the AFL. Behind the play, Growers was pretty aggressive last week with the obvious intent to try & unsettle Denver. At times he took the bait. At some point this year I'd like to see selectors role the dice. At the very least, he'll throw himself at everything, kill the ball & create stoppages. When he's on, he's also a great intercept mark.
I too think Serong comes in but if they do put DGB in then it might have a bit of making a decision about his future at the Hawks?

If Bruest is to come in and be the sub, it's for either Morrison or McKenzie to miss out IMO.

Frenchy's last 5 games; 16, 15, 14, 13 & 17.
H obviously came on and had 16 in 40 odd percent of game time.

Frenchy will be a better player and has more weapons, but who's best suited for this particular game with match ups and the like.

If Bruest is to come in and be the sub, it's for either Morrison or McKenzie to miss out IMO.

Frenchy's last 5 games; 16, 15, 14, 13 & 17.
H obviously came on and had 16 in 40 odd percent of game time.

Frenchy will be a better player and has more weapons, but who's best suited for this particular game with match ups and the like.
Mackenzie is doing absolutely fine. I can't see him going anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back