Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Mollison been assigned to this game yet? The kent loves Geelong - overcoming umpire bias will be one of our biggest challenges this week…

These blokes have got a free ride from the umps every week this year and expect it to be even worse down there with the home crowd… will have to take them out of it early as we did last week…

Not if you ask my missus!
One eyed as they come!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure about reasonable, but many like me would be very surprised if we win this. Your MF and forwards are playing superbly, and being at Geelong has not been that significant for us.
Watching the Hawks play at present is weirdly enjoyable- good, strong, fast, competitive, exciting footy.
Won't enjoy it this Saturday.
What we do know is, this rivalry always delivers something special.

I thought you looked better without The Hawk who has always troubled our backline?
Should be a good tussle!

Last edited:
You two must have met pre 2007 yeah?

Do worry we have had and probably will this weekend plenty of fiery brimstone moments over the clubs we love!
I cannot stand the Rats but there is a marginal amount of respect there.
Luckily we are in Brisbane for the game otherwise we would have been at Popsicle Stick Oval for the clash!

I thought you looked better without The Hawk who has always troubled our backline?
Should be a good tussle!

I actually wanted to look into this once because I always felt people got concerned about Hawkins against us despite not having that great a record overall, purely because of that one game with the after the siren goal. As it turns out he's actually got his 5th worst record against us in terms of goals scored.

OpponentGames PlayedDisposalsCont' MarksMarks I50Goals
Essendon
18​
13.78​
2.22​
4.28​
3.11​
Brisbane Lions
24​
13​
1.67​
3.83​
2.83​
West Coast
16​
11.88​
2.06​
3.63​
2.69​
North Melbourne
21​
14.1​
1.90​
3.76​
2.62​
Melbourne
23​
13.43​
2.00​
3.04​
2.61​
Gold Coast
14​
12.93​
2.07​
3.50​
2.43​
Greater Western Sydney
15​
13.13​
2.33​
3.40​
2.40​
St Kilda
20​
10.75​
1.50​
2.45​
2.40​
Fremantle
22​
11.59​
1.86​
2.55​
2.27​
Port Adelaide
21​
11.76​
1.81​
3.14​
2.05​
Sydney
27​
12.11​
1.93​
3.37​
2.04​
Richmond
21​
12.24​
1.05​
2.67​
2.00​
Hawthorn
28​
12.07​
2.11​
3.00​
1.93​
Western Bulldogs
21​
11.24​
1.71​
2.10​
1.90​
Adelaide
21​
11.62​
1.33​
2.71​
1.76​
Collingwood
26​
11.04​
1.46​
2.42​
1.73​
Carlton
21​
11.57​
1.57​
2.33​
1.43​

Josh Gabelich.

Unlikely he plays. They’ll want his shoulder to settle down like last time, so that he can play more footy in a week or 2.
Can guarantee you that tomorrow at training he will be doing some wrestling with the tackling coach Rich, who will put his arm through it to test it out. Was what they did last time around.

Just watched the replay of the round 3 encounter. Weird game. A couple of points, 36 points win to Geelong flattered them a bit. Both teams had equal periods where they controlled the flow of play. We squandered more chances to kick goals and their efficiency in front of goal came from high conversion rate and short but telling periods where they were able to pile on multiple goals in succession. The first period came from midfield dominance when our second stringers moved onto the ball. This is something we need to be aware of this time around. Surprisingly there won’t be a dramatic change in personnel for us either; Day for Hustwaite and in all likelihood Gunston for Breust. The question mark is Sicily. For them Hawkins won’t be there this time around nor Conway, Jack Henry and a couple of no-names. However they will have Dangerfield who missed last time plus Dempsey and Tuohy.

Last edited:
Both Nash and Worpel match up reasonably well on him. Will be interesting to see who lines up on the flog.
You have to be more specific. There are so many down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watto to get a high tackle free on the final siren and to kick the sealer after which he walks to the Selwood stand and tells them all to shoosh

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Watto to the hanbagger crowd....

quiet tim and eric GIF

Whatever happens this week, win, lose or draw, just remember: they haven’t beaten us in a knockout final since 1963….
I am backing us to win. As last week we r the form team. It's gonna take a really good team to beat us. Are Geelong that team. I don't think so. It may be close but we will prevail.

Last edited:
What’s the weather forecast for this game if it’s raining it makes it alot harder, cats are a 5 goal better team when it’s wet.

Geelong is a great place to live... when we beat the Cats. I still get them complaining to me about 2008 nearly every week. My nephews went to the milkbar after the game in their Hawks gear and had people screaming abuse at them from cars.
Parents used to do a stall at the Geelong market on Sundays.

Whenever they lost.. their supporters would stay home crying and not venture out.. business would suck.

Parents used to do a stall at the Geelong market on Sundays.

Whenever they lost.. their supporters would stay home crying and not venture out.. business would suck.
If it was at the showgrounds, it was just down the road from me. We used to go there a bit but it closed down a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back