Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems surprising.
I guess the trauma of the shooting the lights out on a couple of games has overshadowed the memory of the other one
Even if what you recalled were accurate it’s hardly relevant to this weeks game. There will be maybe 3-5 players across both teams from that last game in 2015 playing this week.

The general poor accuracy for both sides is probably a reflection of how defensively tight those games were and why they tended to be smaller margins. (Except 2015)

Last time Sic missed:

In: Seamus Mitchell, Luke Breust, Jai Serong
Out: James Sicily (injury), Harry Morrison (omitted), Josh Ward (omitted)

My guess for this week will be:

In: Mitch Lewis, Luke Bruest, Jai Serong
Out: James Sicily (injury), Calsher Dear (managed/injury), Jack Ginnivan(injury)

Assuming training reports are correct, and Gunners will play (I imagine they are just managing his load through training so he can play)

No Ginnivan would be a blow, I feel like it's the kind of high-pressure game that he (and hopefully Watson) could work some magic in. They love the opposition crowd banter.

OUT:
Ginnivan
Dear
Morrison

IN:
Lewis
Mitchell
Breust (to sub)

Morrison unlucky. But Mitchell in allows Hardwick to start forward, and Breust can be subbed in and allow us to move Hardwick back later, if we are wanting to close out the game or if their dangerous smalls get loose.

No Ginnivan would be a blow, I feel like it's the kind of high-pressure game that he (and hopefully Watson) could work some magic in. They love the opposition crowd banter.

OUT:
Ginnivan
Dear
Morrison

IN:
Lewis
Mitchell
Breust (to sub)

Morrison unlucky. But Mitchell in allows Hardwick to start forward, and Breust can be subbed in and allow us to move Hardwick back.
Are you confident Sicily will get up and play?

OUT:
Ginnivan
Dear
Morrison

IN:
Lewis
Mitchell
Breust (to sub)

Morrison unlucky. But Mitchell in allows Hardwick to start forward, and Breust can be subbed in and allow us to move Hardwick back later, if we are wanting to close out the game or if their dangerous smalls get loose.
It’s also Ginni’s close late game scenario understanding and leadership that we’ll miss if the game is close. Though I’m more confident now that we have a lot more players who’ve picked up on what is required here.

Morrison has had that vanilla tag on him from this board for quite some time. But this is a game where we are going to need those players who know their role. And he does.

This last run of games is the best our forward-line has looked since 2016. All on the back of our defensive pressure.

I know they’ve been/are great players but potentially having all of Lewis, Gunston, Breust, and Wings in the team doesn’t excite me. Even a couple of years ago when they were all in the team it wasn’t functioning as well as it is now.

They just can’t provide the pressure needed anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same Chad who pulled out of a VFL game at halftime with calf tightness and missed the next week completely?

What’s the point?
If the club think he's ready to go, he's ready to go.
Offers versatility and leadership- if we're without Gunston in the front half and we manage Breust out of the game, Chad is a logical swap?

Has Sic Been officially ruled out. Any reports from todays training session?
I have not seen any official reports yet.
All guesswork from my end based on what I have seen last Tuesday and this morning.

Last Tuesday he did the initial drills but did not participate in the mini footy/soccer session.
This morning, he was there and did some initial drills but he did not participate in the match sims.

Chad isn’t fit no chance. If ginnivan out it’s Breust. Lewis for Dear. Mitchell for Sicily. Morrison into the 22. Hardwick back for stengle.
F: Lewis Chol Gunston Moore CMac Watson
M: Meek Day Newk Worpel CJ Mass
B: Frost Scrimshaw Weddle Hardwick Impey Amon
I: Morrison Nash Mitchell Mackenzie
Sub: Breust
Breust will play the full game, was told he would be rested for the Perth trip and obviously the bye to make sure he was ready to play full games. Morrison sub.

IN - Lewis, Breust
OUT - Dear, Ginnivan (inj)

Sicily for Serong or Mitchell if injured.
Hardwick - Frost - Scrimshaw
Sicily - Weddle - Amon
Jiath - Day - D’Ambrosio
Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
Breust - Chol - Watson
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Gunston - Nash - Mackenzie - Impey - Morrison (sub)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back