Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need to replace Ginnivan (if he misses) with another small forward? I reckon the Wiz would love having more responsibility down there and we still have Moore. Bring in Ward for him for the added running power.

Do we need to replace Ginnivan (if he misses) with another small forward? I reckon the Wiz would love having more responsibility down there and we still have Moore. Bring in Ward for him for the added running power.
Could go

Ward for Ginnivan
Lewis for Dear
Breust for Morrison

Hardwick - Frost - Scrimshaw
Sicily - Weddle - Amon
Jiath - Day - D’Ambrosio
Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
Gunston - Chol - Watson
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Mackenzie - Nash - Ward - Impey - Breust (sub)

If the club think he's ready to go, he's ready to go.
Offers versatility and leadership- if we're without Gunston in the front half and we manage Breust out of the game, Chad is a logical swap?
Hasn’t played for a month since tweaking his calf (again).

He’s clearly not “ready to go”.

If Sicily is out could Gunston play back in the sweeper role if Dear can play, or Gunston wouldn’t have the leg speed to do this any more.

Thought Mitchell had an average game at Box Hill? Could just be my memory failing me though.

Hustwaite was outstanding for Box Hill so could be the one knocking on the door.

I'd be surprised if Sicily is named, 6 day turn around on a shoulder dislocation is always a big risk. I'm expecting we will play it safe.

If Ginnivan is out, Breust comes in to play the deep small forward, Watson pushes up higher to play the Ginnivan role. Dear goes out for Lewis

Sicily is the interesting one. Could go a number of different ways, move Hardwick back or could bring in a tall (Serong) or small (Mitchell)

Think Morrison stays as sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginni, if he misses, will be a real loss.
He zips up and down everywhere, especially late in games, always providing an option.
Punky can’t do that anymore so the midfield dynamic would have to change, if Ginni is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back