Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicily out sucks but it doesn’t effect our midfield’s ability to dominate the clearances and feed a forwardline with a lot of fire power.

Still very comfortable with the players we have named down back and the entire teams ability to defend ball movement.

Hawks by 4-5 goals.

Is it possible and left field that Jack Gunston plays the Sicily role this week? With Mitch Lewis coming back in. Hardwick plays forward. Gunston as sweeper, is a beautiful field kick, reads the play and a good set of hands.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's done that role a few times before under Clarkson, and he done it very well.

We had both Sicily and Scrimshaw out against Port in Adelaide and Dimma started forward.

If Ginni doesn’t get up I’d imagine Hardwick will start forward
I’m a fan of Dimma forward, but against Port we had Seamus and Serong in the team playing back. I think he’ll just switch forward and back as needed but my guess is predominantly back for this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACKLINE
Hardwick - Frost - Impey
Stengle - Neale - Close

Amon - Weddle - Scrimshaw
Miers - Cameron - O.Henry

MIDFIELD
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Dempsey - Bowes - Holmes

Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Blicavs - Dangerfield - Stewart

FORWARDLINE
Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
Z. Guthrie - DeKoning - Duncan

Watson - Chol - Ginnivan
Tuohy - Kolodjashnij - J.Henry

INTERCHANGE
Gunston - Mackenzie - Nash - Morrison - Breust (sub)
Rohan - Knevitt - Atkins - Humphries Mannagh (sub)

We should crush them in the middle.

Real lack of excitement on Mitch Lewis' return. I love seeing this guy play. Marbior's gonna love it too.

As much as we're all excited for Dear and surprised at how well he's played - Mitch Lewis is such a massive upgrade on 5-game player.
I agree good post.

The forward line has been so cohesive over the last month, just in tune with each other. Be interesting to see how Mitch fits in, might need a few weeks to gel, him and Marbs have barely played together.

Real lack of excitement on Mitch Lewis' return. I love seeing this guy play. Marbior's gonna love it too.

As much as we're all excited for Dear and surprised at how well he's played - Mitch Lewis is such a massive upgrade on 5-game player.
Because, as I said before, we don't know which Mitch we're going to get, the on that could clunk 10 towering grabs and kick six, or the one that mopes around barely getting near it.

Because, as I said before, we don't know which Mitch we're going to get, the on that could clunk 10 towering grabs and kick six, or the one that mopes around barely getting near it.

Mitch doesn’t make a contest his more a lead up kind of player makes space from his opponent, where Dear flys for everything which brings the smaller guys into it which is a strength of our at the moment.

Mitch doesn’t make a contest his more a lead up kind of player makes space from his opponent, where Dear flys for everything which brings the smaller guys into it which is a strength of our at the moment.
Mitch Lewis has taken more contested marks than marks on lead in 5 of his 8 seasons.

I think we might miss Dears mobility and desperation pressure?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm guilty of this. Exceptional player and by far our best forward, but some reason it has me feeling worried. Guess that's because our current structure was working so beautifully. But of course it's an upgrade and you're right we should be damned excited. Would be great to see him kick 5.

Hopefully the big fella clunks a big one-on-one early and slots it.

No doubt they'll be an excitement from the playing group if that's the case.

Looking forward to heading down the highway tomorrow, real "away days" feel to it. Keep ya nut down for any old Soccer AM fans out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back