Autopsy Round 18, 2021: Hawks draw with Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Worps was huge. Had a really poor start to the game especially with his disposal. But had a huge 3rd quarter with 12 and a goal that really kept us alive and despite having an off kicking night still managed equal highest score involvements alongside Breust.

Mitchell defensively probably had one of his better games, lots of pressure and a big mark in defence late.

I don't think you'll find a better effort than that all season, and not just from us but I'm talking league wide.

A 17th placed side talking on the top side and running them close is a great effort, never mind drawing without the likes of:
- Sicily
- Gunston
- Wingard
- Day
- Impey
- Hardwick
- Scrimshaw
- CJ

We didn't have Morrison either, and he has been quite serviceable this season.

Edit: how could I forget Sicily.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 players with under 35 games. But critically.... only one of them a top 10 draft pick (in his 3rd game mind you!). A lot of the others went 40-50+, and then rookies. Seriously, we are starting from way back but I reckon the club deserves some kudos for getting the best out of a crop of youth that not many other clubs could. Clarko, Mitchell, whoever... development is very good.

If this was Suns, the footy world would be in raptures about how good their youngsters are, but the difference is they’d be top picks. Excited enough now, let alone with what can happen with a sprinkling of top end talent coming in over the next year or two.
And there’s Fin still waiting. Excited to see what a preseason brings and having a real shot at it next year.

I like frost to, but his turnovers that cost us goals will mean he won’t be a key in defence when we are back up, unless he can tidy that up I see him as the 7/8 best defender in the years to come
Most turnovers come from snickers defensive clearance kicks. Hoping that once we have a settled defence that can back up each other then still style of play mostly disappears

Dees were just the opposite.
Viney at his post match interview looked gutted.
He looked gutted because he knows next time we play we will be a much much better side and they won't get a better chance to get a run of wins against us than right now. Also because they have left themselves open to lose a top 2 spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2021: Hawks draw with Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back