Autopsy Round 18, 2021: Hawks draw with Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Just one more missing piece of the puzzle and we’re set. Imagine when they’re all playing at the same time. :eyes:

B: Hardwick, ———?, Jiath

HB: Sicily, Grainger-Barras, Scrimshaw

Other options: Day, Impey, Bramble, Greaves
Honestly don’t mind Hartigan in that spot. No he’s not a gun but His limitations are minimised by the eliteness around him. I’d rather save on him there to spend on a gun elsewhere

Bar two bad kicks Frosty played a great game tonight and kept us in it. I don’t get the hate. He took it on as he does every week.
Mate, Frosty is like a fan favourite for you guys compared to dees fans. The amount of undeserved shit he cops is ridiculous. Glad to see a lot more of you appreciate him. He was very good again tonight, having a career best year.

Just one more missing piece of the puzzle and we’re set. Imagine when they’re all playing at the same time. :eyes:

B: Hardwick, ———?, Jiath

HB: Sicily, Grainger-Barras, Scrimshaw

Other options: Day, Impey, Bramble, Greaves

Day, Impey and Bramble all become the midfield we've been waiting for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the youth are our future and all that but I wouldn’t be upset if Shaun Burgoyne went around again

Love the way Reeves took on Gawn tonight. Really really like the look of this kid, reckon he is gonna be a ripper.

Our center clearances are going to look at lot different within the next 2 seasons.
Bit more experience and maturity into Reeves, and at least 2 more classy midfielders.
Our forwards are going to start getting first look in the not to distant future

Our center clearances are going to look at lot different within the next 2 seasons.
Bit more experience and maturity into Reeves, and at least 2 more classy midfielders.
Our forwards are going to start getting first look in the not to distant future

Even 1 more classy mid and Wingard/Breust mixing through the middle.

Bramble on a wing.

Im feeling good.

For anyone who still thinks that Mitchell may not be ready, then this game should be your mind changer.

It was very Box Hill esk in how we played.

There was minimal sideway kicking after quarter time.
Minimal slow, backwards, switching of play.
Less precision requirements.
More playing on and attacking.
The forwards were actually leading.
None of that overhandballing to stationary targets.
Less kicking to the top of the square resulting in more variety on where the kick into the forward was going making it harder for May/Lever to zone off and intercept.
Much more, especially after half time, attacking from half back through the middle even when under pressure.

These are all things Box Hill have been doing.

Credit to Clarko. He's been, probably via his agent, a pain in the ass to the board regarding his contract, but he's allowed a lot of Mitchell's gameplan wants to be used tonight.

Slightly unpopular observation perhaps.

Missing Wingard, Sicily, Day, Scrimshaw, Gunston and to a lesser extent Impey and CJ (with Hardwick the obvious exception) doesn’t rob us of intense physical pressure and hard nose tackling at ground level.

My point being, despite boasting objectively less talented but harder nosed players we nearly toppled the best unit in the competition. It’s very hard to develop superior skill into already AFL listed players, but perhaps it’s possible to coach greater hardness and willingness to defend into those (who were missing)?

Want to give a shout to Cousins, although am a bit confused about him. He does a lot right in clearances, tackling, pressure, getting to good positions etc- stuff we have been lacking TBH! But his disposal and clangers are costly.

Generally thought he played ok, some important moments and helped drive it forward. His good is solid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2021: Hawks draw with Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back