Autopsy Round 18, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Hough and Flyin' were immense. Kelly good late, dunno why everyone was so down on LEdwards' inclusion, thought he was good and used it well.

Tom Cole can **** right off.

+Charlie Cameron is Brady Houghs Bit*h:thumbsu:

I think it’s time to drop Ginbey, some shocking tackling efforts. He’s not defensive enough to be a defender. Doesn’t get enough ball in the middle nor know how to get into positions. Touted as a bull. What a crock of shit that is. Needs a circuit breaker.
His output as an inside mid has been great this year for a second year mid.

Man, brissy chatting about having to come to perth like they haven't played us at optus yet.
Have freo been doing a number on them.
Also umps gifting us goals.
Sometimes i wish i had more neutral footy mates to quiz about this shit, see if im just a one eyed flog.

Positives +
  • Great effort from the team. Noticed improved tactics that wasn't there with Simmo.
  • Final term.
  • Reid showing flashes of his awesomeness as always. Hopefully we can help him against Windhager next week coz Lyon will 110% have him tagging Reid from the very first bounce.
  • Yeo and Kelly our best two mids.
  • Hough helped rebound the ball AND completely shut down Charlie Cameron whenever he was on him. Cameron's two goals was from Reid's brain fade and Cole was on him when he kicked his second.
  • Barrass and H.Edwards were solid with the latter doing a decent job against Hipwood in Gov's absence.
  • Ryan moving a lot better and got involved more especially up the ground. Impacted the scoreboard too.
  • Waterman got involved up the ground and made the most of his chances.
  • Hutch was ok and showed glimpses on being the best available MSD. Was really happy when he kicked his first goal.
  • Prime delist candidates Trew and L.Edwards thriving well under a new system built by Schoey. They seemed suppressed with Simmo. If they keep this up then they could potentially get a new contract (one year only).
  • Brockman finally kicking his first AFL goal for West Coast. He looked better in the limited time he's played.
  • J.Williams starting to improve and show some consistency.
  • Hunt seemed to have gotten over his foot issues as he was moving nicely.
  • Maric seemed to be better playing on the wing and chopping out as a third tall to support H.Edwards and Barrass. Used the ball well.

Meh=
=
B.Williams ok in the ruck, however got smashed by Big O and as a result it helped Brisbane get on top of the clearance. Flynn if fit probably was the better matchup against the Big O.
= Allen got shutdown by Harris Andrews in the first three terms but made a comeback in the final term making the most of his chances.
= Cripps was solid but burnt better options.
= Ginbey solid as always wherever he played. But some of those missed tackles made my blood boil.

Negatives -
  • Smashed in clearances in the first three terms.
  • Jones being invisible and not providing enough defensive coverage. I reckon he be better off tagging imo as he's got pace and is a strong tackler).
  • Brockman's injury after activated as a sub.
  • Duggan getting concussed again.
  • Smashed in contested possessions and ground ball gets. Looked like we were second to the ball at times in the first three terms.
  • Cole seemed to burn best options and turn breakaways into momentum crushing tackles.

Final thoughts.

Much better from the team. I noticed that we kept our forwards in play and played a more tighter zone which reduces chip kicks which would've broken the zone as shown in the final matches in Simmo's tenure when the team was smashed -100 in uncontested possession and this week it was +4 in uncontested possessions. Already the team structure looked better without Darling as the team would've been top heavy. With the forwards holding their space, the team was able to score of transitions unlike in previous weeks where they would get sucked up and when the team was ready for a transition, there's no one forward to take advantage of. It looked clear that Schoey had ideas but Simmo refused to implement which would help the club so it was time for him to go. But we got to see Simmo cheering the boys one last time and thank you for the memories with that 2018 flag.

If prime delist candidates Trew and L.Edwards play like this then it'll be a hard decision on who to delist and if Jones keeps playing like that then he becomes more likely to be delisted. I think Jones should be developed as a tagger to help save his career as he's fast and is a strong tackler.

If things go right and the team implements meta tactics that takes advantage of STAND and 666 plus nails it's draft in 2024-26 then the club will contend sooner rather than later.
Good news for Harley - Windhager is injured and won’t be available to tag him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time Tom Cole goes near it, I just assume he'll give away a free, or his opponent will end up with the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back