Autopsy Round 18, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of fight in that. Not nearly enough polish, which is to be expected, but pleasing to see them stay in it and not fold.

Positives
  • Hough. Wowee.
  • Harry Edwards has played three games this year, and all three have really impressed me. Plenty to like, it will open up so much for us if he comes along.
  • TK and Allen. heck there’s some miserable pricks on here. Well enough to say “they’re playing badly”, because they were both so quiet, but the vitriol and tantrums for two of our clear top 10 (top 5 at everyone’s best?) players is wild. Both massive in the fourth term, absolutely immense. Build from it boys.
  • Trew, attacked it hard and showed the intent that’s made him a top WAFL option. I simply don’t think he has the skills to make it, but he should have played a lot of footy earlier or not got the extra rookie contract to begin with. Did about as much as he could have today.
  • Barrass. Destroyed Daniher and was funny watching him get so sooky about it too.
  • Hunt and Cole had big moments. Hunt looks so much freer at HBF, our wing usage is no good anyway so why waste him there.

Negatives
  • Skills demonstrate how far off the pace we are from the better teams now, but one or two good ball users and some better decisions and things can turn quickly. Out classed today and there’ll be plenty of that until we can add more talent.
  • 1-13 centre clearances at one stage, heck me. Flynn for Bailey with JWill to chop out, please.
  • Just going to call it Australian Footy from now on, because I simply don’t understand the rules. Harris Andrews free on Allen was never a free, so it wasn’t entirely one way traffic, but some of those throws and 50s, compared to identical things at the other end. I just think four umpires and rules on the run make it such a crapshoot week to week. More difficult to grasp what the decision was than ever.
  • Duggan, Brockman injured. Brockman seemed minor so hopefully he gets back in soon.
  • Ginbey, Maric, LEd quiet, Hutch worked into it but ultimately pretty quiet too.

Some nice signs, plenty to work on, lots of list decisions to make. Enjoyed the scrap.
Rubbish take on Trew he showed a lot!

The only think Schofield did as a coach this game compared to Simmo was play trew (which is still a pretty big deal). The rest was much the same.
He dropped darling making us a shorter running team .

Also ropped chesser who was horribly out of form .

Bought in trew who is a genuine inside mid

Bought in Ledwards who is a genuine wing .

he played Ginbey predominantly in the back 6 which I really liked, I think he will end up there eventually

What actually makes you say LEdwards is any more a wing than Chesser? LEdwards best position has always been inside mid. Chesser more a wing than LEdwards tbh.

Rubbish take on Trew he showed a lot!
He was ok, tried very hard. Did enough to hold his spot.

Hes still a few levels below Yeo, Kelly, Reid, etc.
A lot of teams have a random mid who comes in from the seconds to cover an injury, does low TOG, and is out again a week or 2 later. This is probably where Trew sits.

If we got old mate from Brisbane or Davies or something in a trade in the offseason Trew is 100% out of the 22 imo

A lot of teams have a random mid who comes in from the seconds to cover an injury, does low TOG, and is out again a week or 2 later. This is probably where Trew sits.

If we got old mate from Brisbane or Davies or something in a trade in the offseason Trew is 100% out of the 22 imo
Trews game today was better than anything dev has done in his career.

What actually makes you say LEdwards is any more a wing than Chesser? LEdwards best position has always been inside mid. Chesser more a wing than LEdwards tbh.
?
Ledwards has been playing wing since he came to the club .

Barely ever attends a centre bounce

Plays outside mid in the wafl team .

I feel like you dont actually know what you are talking about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed the first half and the start of the third.

Overlap run, hand balls to advantage looked good. Last kick i50 was often below standard. Looked more like the earlier rounds which is a positive for sure.

Hedwards...lad got thicc. And somehow a bit faster and more agile. Good trick Harry! Hopefully he can build on it. Looked an AFL player today.

Well done Zane Trew.

Hunty looked way better in the backline.

On the negative side. Tom Cole. Huge worries with this fella. Doesn't seem to have worked anything out at all over the years.

Cripps...maybe feeling the winds of change blowing. Not great for a confidence player it seems.

Ginbey...feel bad starting to zero in on him but there are a number of flags appearing or questions remaining unanswered imo. Just seems to not get to good spots, hands like concrete under pressure. Physicality underwhelming. Looks timid out there too much of the time.

On the whole a promising outing against a very good side. Let's see if it can be sustained

Finally, Ryan adds another bump to his highlight reel in his 100th

?
Ledwards has been playing wing since he came to the club .

Barely ever attends a centre bounce

Plays outside mid in the wafl team .

I feel like you dont actually know what you are talking about
He hasnt only played wing mate. Maybe look into this stuff first before saying I dont know what im talking about. Plenty of games with us where he attended CBAs.

He is a slow player with poor skills. Do you genuinely think wing is his best position?

Am positive on the result.

13 point margin to a probable top 4 team with 2 goals coming from 50m penalties. A couple of set shots that go through e.g. Hutchinson, Waterman, or cripps nailing that poster from right in front and the result could've been anything. Brisbane have too much quality in the end and definitely deserve to win.

I used to cringe watching H. Edwards in a contest but now I back him in to win or at the very least halve the contest, super impressed with his development and you can see he's put on size.

Hough is such an elite lockdown defender, was absolutely owning cameron all day playing in front. Also happy with Jwilliams progressing as third tall and chop out ruck over Darling. Hopefully eagles can bring a similar energy against saints next week.

A negative for me was Cripp's game. Got caught HTB a few times today and felt like he slowed up play or picked wrong options going i50. Kicked a nice goal but overall wasn't a great one from him.

Last edited:

Stallon I’d say I’d rate your opinion on par with Honeybadger, almost a dead heat.
it’s good to have people you’re on par with🤣

He’s hands were brilliant. RUOK that Simpo got sacked😂
RUOK that your username is a specific reference to the flag that Simmo won?

One more night to act up before school holidays are over, enjoy mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back