Autopsy Round 18, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Bet I have a fair bit more knowledge than you.

images

Played the game at decent level yet is on bigfooty ? Interesting.

Ginbey I do not believe is above 90kg, or stable above it. I was standing next to him last week, hardly a tank.

Certainly does not need to lose a few kilos, laughable.

Is it really that surprising?

He was pushing into the 90s pre season in his own words. He came into his first year in the low 80s so that's 5-7kgs gain in an off season. You have any idea what that kind of body change does to an athlete? It changes everything from your running gait, flexibility, lateral movement. etc. He's undoubtedly lost a few kgs over the course of the season but still looks a little too bulky.

For reference Patrick Crips is taller and plays around 90kgs.

He's still young and I don't doubt they'll find the right balance over the next few years.

This is just nonsense hahaha
Refute what I said rather than offering absolutely nothing.
Courageous of you to put your self portrait out there, I salute what you've overcome.

He was pushing into the 90s pre season in his own words. He came into his first year in the low 80s so that's 5-7kgs gain in an off season. You have any idea what that kind of body change does to an athlete? It changes everything from your running gait, flexibility, lateral movement. etc. He's undoubtedly lost a few kgs over the course of the season but still looks a little too bulky.

He's still young and I don't doubt they'll find the right balance over the next few years.

Courageous of you to put your self portrait out there, I salute what you've overcome.
Theres nothing to refute. You have made a random claim with no evidence behind it at all. Cripps is heavier than Ginbey and looks in worse shape.

He doesn't look bulky in the slighest. Maybe Ginbey is just in a rough patch of form and is sore and it has nothing to do with his weight?

Theres nothing to refute. You have made a random claim with no evidence behind it at all. Cripps is heavier than Ginbey and looks in worse shape.

He doesn't look bulky in the slighest. Maybe Ginbey is just in a rough patch of form and is sore and it has nothing to do with his weight?
Cripps plays between 94-96kgs. Has said so on many occasions in interviews. Don't know what the rest of the argument is but figured I'd chime in. He's in elite condition though so not sure about in worse shape, he just has no calves.

He's been moving like this since round 1.

He's still growing into his body and maybe he'll settle at that weight but to my eye he's not moving as well as he did last year and the big thing that's changed is his body composition.

Last edited:

Cripps i believe is 90kg. Ginbey is not. No thickness to his body, when i saw him my immediate thought was, greyhound.

Too muscled up and heavy is the reason he apparently has issues is a wild guess at best.

Cripps i believe is 90kg. Ginbey is not. No thickness to his body, when i saw him my immediate thought was, greyhound.

Too muscled up and heavy is the reason he apparently has issues is a wild guess at best.

Cripps is heavier (read post above by Carlton supporter), but a very different athlete as he relies on his footy smarts and his big body as a battering ram.

Agree to disagree then, be interesting to see how he goes next off season and under a new coach.

The biggest positive for me is that players were being played in their best or draft positions for the majority if the game...

Ginbey at half-back
Trew in the middle
Ryan from the goal square
Jones up forward

Good start from Schofield. It will be interesting to see his decisions over the next six weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid's first half was a genuine stinker but credit to him. He fought it out and looked his best self in the second half. Ended up having a better game than Ashcroft.

In the end, he's a 19 year old kid with both unreal media and fan expectations. He's averaging a respectable 18 disposals in one of the worst midfields while also getting tagged.

I can only see him getting better next year if we can get him a decent ruckman and midfield support.
They could have had Lloyd Meek for a few penny’s but instead loaded up on a bunch of speculative ruck projects. Really don’t understand what their game plan has been but they need a ready made competitive ruckman for next year.

He's been moving like this since round 1.

He's still growing into his body and maybe he'll settle at that weight but to my eye he's not moving as well as he did last year and the big thing that's changed is his body composition.
I don’t think Ginbey is that heavy. Even when drafted he was a manchild but was like 82kgs. He’s very too heavy. He’s still 20 and his tank will keep on improving.

He said on the podcast the other he basically hasn't trained since about round 5, takes all week for his knee to recover and then he got a hip injury. Just getting back to fitness now.

With Simmo gone ,now might be a good time to put Kelly on ice for next year , it’s not ideal when the playing finals dream for 2024 has passed and we are still having to manage Kelly and we have no idea what we are going to get on game day from him ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Watching the replay and more than stand by my comment in the votes thread about how trash Tom Cole was. Everything good for Brisbane went through whoever he was on at the time.

Cameron’s second goal and Lohmann absolutely torched him in the last quarter. Plus an assortment of trailing his man in or ball watching as Rayner burst into the 50 past him.

Another of the 2018 team that we need to move on from for mine. Get Burgiel or Baker into the team for these last few games.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back