Preview Round 18: Ports vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like clockwork around here.

Game Day morning: Hope and optimism
Game Day evening: pessimism (win or lose)
Monday: Sack the coach, CEO, board recruiters, developers and players
Tuesday: Rationalisation
Wednesday: Selection hope
Thursday: Selection melt
Friday: Full blown pessimism
Game Day morning: Back to hope and optimism.

Last weekend I needed a photo for my passport so I cut back my messy beard. The beard had not been cut in 5 weeks for 5 wins and my daughter said it was the power of the beard.
We freaking lost to Freo, the beard has power.

I'm now growing the beard out again.

So I'm very optimistic of a win Sunday.

Beard Power by 33.

You forgot the tradies.
Everyone blames the tradies.

Thi s is literally my life

But we are more productive with a plan don’t you think? and it is reassuring to look at the schedule to know where we are up to.

Last weekend I needed a photo for my passport so I cut back my messy beard. The beard had not been cut in 5 weeks for 5 wins and my daughter said it was the power of the beard.
We freaking lost to Freo, the beard has power.

I'm now growing the beard out again.

So I'm very optimistic of a win Sunday.

Beard Power by 33.
Hello Samson!

These are just the sort of games we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure about that, over the years we have always tended to back up the really bad losses, with another 'tried hard but lost' performance.
Nah not this year. At least not IMO.

Freo was a potential disaster waiting to happen and posters that pointed that out were being singled out. Last year we clobbered lowly teams but struggled against the better sides. We had no option but to change something and we did.

Unfortunately that has meant that we havent been able to put away games against teams like Freo, Brisbane etc early enough to the point where an upset was always on the cards.

Personally I feel more confident against the better sides apart from WCE, the Crows etc.
There's something about the way they play that can nullify our game. Perhaps because they're somewhere in between the good and not so good sides.

Having said that, that opinion is based on Ryder playing.

World record number of inside 50s is on the cards as it sucked last week and could be this week's focus.

We tend to do that. Suck at something one week, real good at it the next. That is a positive as it means we are able to do everything we focus on well.

Once we are able to shift the focus multiple times during games to patch up what isn't working at thw time, then we'll be top 4 for a few years in a row. That is where players like Hodge are worth their weight in gold.

Fagan of Brisbane said he has tried not to over restrict his players, he doesn’t want them to lose their freedom to play. He says just play what’s in front of you

Once Pyke told his players to loosen up and play with flair they over ran West Coast and have been playing better.

Ken?
Saving the switch for finals I'm sure.

Fagan of Brisbane said he has tried not to over restrict his players, he doesn’t want them to lose their freedom to play. He says just play what’s in front of you

Once Pyke told his players to loosen up and play with flair they over ran West Coast and have been playing better.

Ken?

He apparently did that at halftime against Adelaide and we blitzed them in the third quarter.

Gotta cut that shit out though.

Boak to wear number 10 this week, magpie give up prison bars last week for the first time in a millennium.

Uncomfortable levels of bad footy god juju.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 18: Ports vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back