Round 2 Brisbane Lions vs Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate I hope that dribble makes you feel better after that loss. But please that type of crap should be posted on your own board because you're making yourself look like first class deluded 'tool'.
Sounds like parrot alright. :D

Brown was amazing tonight. But a bit of a concern that they rely so heavily on a 30yo CHF.

Except that he's 28. :eek:

Interesting game. Things I learnt....

1. Blues played better and lost because of poor kicking

2. Brisbane rely heavily on Brown

3. Blues midfield minus Judd is still 2x better than Brisbanes

4. A Full strength Blues side has this mob covered easily. Hollow victory

5. Intensive goal-kicking practice at Carlton for the next 7 days.

6. Kruezer is a superstar

7. Fev's going to struggle with an inferior midfield.

:)

You forgot...

8. "Voss was a true great leader at his Club on and off the field. It takes a special ability to motivate and lead a group, and Voss has it in bucketloads, whereas Rattan(sic) and McKenna don't. He is the outstanding cadidate(sic), and was the right choice to make."

Interesting game. Things I learnt....

1. Blues played there best and lost because of habit.

2. Brisbane rely heavily on Brown, better than the Blues relying on Sultana

3. Blues midfield minus Judd is still 2x better than Brisbanes, yet we still lost despite massive 2 day advantage, umpiring all our way and Bris losing Adcock early.

4. A Full strength Blues side has Melbourne and Richmond covered easily.

Edited for accuracy. :)

Lots of positives for the Blues in this game, mainly because there were so many unknowns for the Blues with a very new forward line and midfield structure.

The Brisbane game was our first H&A game for the year, and answered a lot of questions.

Basically the BLues almost rolled a full-strength Lions outfit without Judd, Bower, and a 1/2 fit Murph and Waite plus incredibly inaccurate kicking.

Bottomline, this very young side has the potential to be MUCH better than last year.

I suggest students of the game to grab a video of the 3rd quarter, kick-back and watch a midfield dominance I have never seen at this level. It was a truly brutal midfield hammering. The Blues really do have some serious midfield talent, even with the best player in the AFL on the sidelines.

Setanta was fantastic. 4.3 and took Merrett to the cleaners. Hendo had a nice 3 goal return and is improving. Waite still gaining fitness... faded latter in the game. Eddie and Yarran had shots on goals but just kicked points for some reason.

Once this young team learns to work together, and get used to the new gameplan, they'll do very well. Predicting rusty efforts like last night for the first 1/2 of the season, before it all clicks. Last night we played to about 30% of out capability, and it was still impressive in parts

The obvious focus is GOAL KICKING PRACTICE. The whole team had the yips in front of goal for some reason which cost us the game.

.......... drivel..........

I suggest students of the game to grab a video of the 3rd quarter, kick-back and watch a midfield dominance I have never seen at this level.

......drivel............

Welcome to AFL. We understand you are new here, hope you enjoy your stay.
With Sultana and Bender 'Bendo' as your KPFs, you will have a lot to look forward to. cheers.

:):)

Cracker match. Bad luck guys.

Clear midfield dominance by the Blues, but both sides were very sloppy with execution and will sharped up over the season. Having a couple of giants to kick to simply allowed us to capitalise on your mistakes a little more effectively last night. Geez Browny is loving having some one-on-ones.

Told you Hendo was a player. :thumbsu: He'll just keep getting better from here. Has the athleticism and the talent and will keep learning.

...Told you Hendo was a player. :thumbsu: He'll just keep getting better from here. Has the athleticism and the talent and will keep learning.

Yep, we knew he was good. Trading him is going to hurt the Lions big time. Lucus is a gun as well. Thanks for those 2 first round picks.

BTW's what's with Fev's fitness? He looks smaller, and less imposing this year. More towards a flanker build than a power KP forward build. Fev was pretty much used as a decoy and told to make space for Brown last night. Looked very frustrated. Not sure if that experiment is going to work.

It's amazing how much the Lions rely on Brown. He'll need to kick 7 each week to beat quality opposition it seems. A bit of a concern.

parrot honestly stfu. Carlton are very average and they wont make the finals no matter how well their midfield does because their forward line is pathetic. That's right pathetic.

parrot honestly stfu. Carlton are very average and they wont make the finals no matter how well their midfield does because their forward line is pathetic. That's right pathetic.
Their backline is a disgrace as well, which was evident last night.

Lol at SEN talkback… All the Carlton clowns ringing up telling everyone how great they are. I suppose the flagons of plonk are just kicking in. Dunno who the presenter is, but he is going on and on how they will make the 8.

Bit like last year when Carlton supporters celebrated their St.Kilda loss like a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown was amazing tonight. But a bit of a concern that they rely so heavily on a 30yo CHF.

That 3rd quarter effort from the Blues midfield set a benchmark for the AFL's non-Carlton teams. Hope everyone enjoyed it. Was amazing. Pity they didn't follow it up in the last. Judd will be a handy addition.

Celebrating 1-qrt efforts now? lol.

I saw the dogs blitz the 2nd qrt against Collingwood last week....then looked at the scoreboard at the end of the game and went home disappointed.

Carlton had a great 3rd Quarter, yep agreed. We had a great 1st, 2nd and 4th Quarter.

Carlton dominated play in quarters 1, 2 & 3 it may not have been on the scoreboard but we clearly dominated the match.

Your a fool if you believe brisbane won the 1st and 2nd terms, they may have on the scoreboard but that was due to carlton kicking 3-11 and handing you 6 unforced errors that turned into goals (See thornton's kick that resulted in a Fev goal as an example).

I love the Carlton gameday threads. It's so hilarious listening to Carlton supporters desperately making excuses after yet another loss.

"But at least we won the third quarter,and got the most clearances, and would have won the first two quarters as well if we didn't miss eleven shots".

Bless.

I absolutely love it when Carlton "dominates" yet loses. Means things are going awry somewhere.

And even better when their supporters dribble on about how good they are. I suppose after a decade in the wilderness, they need to keep the dream alive somehow.

BTW's what's with Fev's fitness? He looks smaller, and less imposing this year. More towards a flanker build than a power KP forward build. Fev was pretty much used as a decoy and told to make space for Brown last night. Looked very frustrated. Not sure if that experiment is going to work.

Fev will need to adapt to the lions game plan that has "team" emphasized all over it. The way he was allowed to play at Carlton will probably mean it will take half a season to realize he is no longer an individual, rather he will have to do what’s best for the team. He may get frustrated at times, but now he is playing for a team that can wins games without Fev needing to have a massive influence which will see his mentality become more team orientated.

Have to agree thought Brisbane had a lot of players who delivered well below there normal output for a game eg Black, Clark, Sherman, Rich etc. Yet they still won.

Bit like last year when Carlton supporters celebrated their St.Kilda loss like a win.

didnt need to celebrate our losses to your plundering mob though did we astro_woteva:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 Brisbane Lions vs Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back