Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimma, why are your players constantly making leads when a forward has a shot from 30 out? Is that a tactic dimma? Forwards who are paid handsomely to kick goals, Dimma?
Cause he is a stupid campaigner that's why, but to be fair it was the stupid campaigner who still tried to pass to him in a worse spot. Who woulda thunk it?

Watch the last 2 minutes again on AFL site.

Vickery made a massive blunder a minute or 2 prior that would have ended it but here's some of the classic (only Richmond would do that) blunders in the last 2 minutes.

* Rance gives away a stupid free kick that costs a goal. WTF Alex, not switched on tonight, awful.
* B. Ellis panics under pressure and coughs up a handball. Panic merchant.
* Cotchin slams it on the boot down the wing to a pack of magpies who open it up by running through the centre. His defenders will just give him a good posession stat.
* Vlaustin panics and slams a handball out of bounds deliberate. Rushed behind or a kick was the go. A handball? WTF
* 1 player is at the back of the pack (that's right only 1 in Houli) as Moore centers it into the goalsquare with 15 seconds left.
Hampson trips over his own feet and has no impact in the contest. Grundy grabs it and kicks, Houli is unable to smother. Hampson's man kicked the goal when he was tripping himself up.

Crap like this happens far too often with this team. Only Richmond could do that.

I have lost all faith in this team, the coaches that train them, pick the side and the administration that puts these coaches in their positions.

Sadly yes ..it's ground hog day year in year out

May I post here?

Tigers are a good side playing badly. You had some good luck on the night and some terrible luck: 3 goals in a burst from a usually inaccurate opponent means you had more bad.

I think you tried to manage the game: it s long season and you cannot play 88 quarters of 100% footy, its not possible. I think the coach strung us along a bit and frankly at half time poor kicking aside you were dominating without playing your best.

Martin, Reiwoldt, Hampson, Vickery and Rance all had bursts where they destroyed us, as well as quiet patches. Lesser lights took turns but overall my impression was of a machine in second gear. Houli is the guy we need to steal (OK Martin and Jacky boy too), decent one-on-one, destructive as the outlet runner, 4 quarters of his best. A "B" player that delivers A grade performances and structurally important as mentioned by some more thoughtful posters. He hurts us, he's a player that makes your opposition wince.

I'll take the four points we pinched, we've dropped games to worse clubs, that's what this was.

Tigers being pushed by Carlton (bottom tier) and pipped by the Pies (low middle tier?) means you're hardly flying. You're a top 6 side playing badly, not a shit side getting found out.

Bad luck tonight, just an all around bad night.

However keep faith, you're still a quality side and finalist for 3 consecutive years - no mean feat. If you can just add someone like Treloar to your midfield in the off-season I can really see you guys pushing the Top 4.

All the best next week :thumbsu:
I think that was a sneaky troll and despite my mood I kind of liked it. Credit to you.

I voted for the five worst players bc I do t want the. Dropped next week as it may impact on their confidence.
Don't troll our voting or I will card you. I can understand opposition supporters but will kick the arse of anyone of our own that do it.

Cause he is a stupid campaigner that's why, but to be fair it was the stupid campaigner who still tried to pass to him in a worse spot. Who woulda thunk it?
As others have said, he's coached the life out of a lot of our players. That's some stupid team rule. Vickery would have put us 4 up. I'm over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May I post here?

Tigers are a good side playing badly. You had some good luck on the night and some terrible luck: 3 goals in a burst from a usually inaccurate opponent means you had more bad.

I think you tried to manage the game: it s long season and you cannot play 88 quarters of 100% footy, its not possible. I think the coach strung us along a bit and frankly at half time poor kicking aside you were dominating without playing your best.

Martin, Reiwoldt, Hampson, Vickery and Rance all had bursts where they destroyed us, as well as quiet patches. Lesser lights took turns but overall my impression was of a machine in second gear. Houli is the guy we need to steal (OK Martin and Jacky boy too), decent one-on-one, destructive as the outlet runner, 4 quarters of his best. A "B" player that delivers A grade performances and structurally important as mentioned by some more thoughtful posters. He hurts us, he's a player that makes your opposition wince.

I'll take the four points we pinched, we've dropped games to worse clubs, that's what this was.

Tigers being pushed by Carlton (bottom tier) and pipped by the Pies (low middle tier?) means you're hardly flying. You're a top 6 side playing badly, not a shit side getting found out.
Post away. But Richmond are not a good side. They are a middle of the road side. Some see that as acceptable, others as mediocre.

Don't troll our voting or I will card you. I can understand opposition supporters but will kick the arse of anyone of our own that do it.

Im still waiting for your explanation of how we weren't shit.

May I post here?

It's hard because it seems to happen a lot. There have been a number of games in recent years where we have lost in the last minute. Those losses are gut wrenching and it seems like we can't learn. Funny, I would rather lose by 20 points to a better team than to lose like that when you have control. Going to be a horrible week and am worried about meeting Adelaide.

Based on the last 2 weeks, we'd get done by Footscray, Port, West Coast, Norf, Geelong, Melbourne, Freo, Sydney, Hawthorn, Adelaide

GC and GWS would be line ball. We're about a 11th - 13rd placed side.

If that frickin' war chest is not opened and emptied at years end then it doesn't exist.

Midfielder and a ruck. Throw money at them . Anyone wants to leave as a result let them. They can f**k off!
Every team that loses will "never win another game". It's competitive sport and eight other teams will lose this weekend.
I'm sad and disappointed but guess what...bring on the Crows and we'll go again.

Something needs to change. I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game, since i was at work. But how Hardwick and the team can decide to kick to the boundary, week in and out when 9/10 the opp gets the ball due to no one being able to mark and goes straight back into their 50 is beyond a joke now.
It actually worked well for us most of the game. We moved it quite well down the wings.

Adelaide L
West Coast in WA L
Melbourne W
Port Adelaide L
Hawthorn L
Sydney L
Freo in WA L

We'll see how good we are. This loss is ******* huge

1 win = likely, 2 wins = possibly, 3 wins = doubt it.

3 and 6 leaving us to win 9 or 10 from 13

And from that 13 we play Kangas L Port L Bulldogs L Hawks L Cats L Swans L

With our injuries, our depth, our coaches - no finals this year which is unacceptable for a 6th year coach.

was at work during the game, went on break and we were up by about 20 points, was happy thinking we were going to win. After work, looked at phone getting a text from mate (pies supporter) giving me shit

kinda gutted, but since when have we ever had good starts to the season?

we CAN play very good footy and have proven that. who knows, maybe its a confidence thing? maybe we lost confidence after 3 grand final loses, who knows.

I've already covered it, you can't seriously say that every one of our 22 had a bad game tonight?

No. They weren't but as a whole we were a shit team that couldnt beat a bottom 4 side.

Yeah, I too thought Lambert was pathetic. Macintosh? Drag him next week. Houli? Send him back to the Druggies if you ask me. You know what? Short too, doesn't deserve to be playing AFL.

:rolleyes: Premiership quality players all of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Back