Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As an outsider, was a great game but Adam Treloar won the game in the last 5 minutes. No wonder 3 clubs went very hard for him. Him and Fasolo were the match winners.
Get on your main account tough guy

Bad luck tonight, just an all around bad night.

However keep faith, you're still a quality side and finalist for 3 consecutive years - no mean feat. If you can just add someone like Treloar to your midfield in the off-season I can really see you guys pushing the Top 4.

All the best next week :thumbsu:
Gotta disagree mate, still think we're a while to go yet

Umpires were dodgy for most of the game for both sides. However, it was our kicking at goal that was the reason we lost. Should have been at least 20+ points up at half time. Cotchin and Grigg stuffed up the easiest of chances at goal, and for prominent players in a side that has been playing finals consistently for the past few years, really should have converted those chances. Even Riewoldt and Dusty had sots they should of most.

This was a poor game. And this is evidenced by the fact I never watch any preseason or post season player/coach interviews because it as been the same stuff we hear year in, year out and nothing ever changes.
Nothing ever happens
Nothing happens at all
The needle returns to the start of the song
And we all sing along like before
And we'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow

Lambert's last quarter was beastly again, I know it will get lost in the fallout to the game but he was fantastic.
Lead from the front, I'm loving his game.

Yep the guy is definitely a positive.. on the back of very hard work and persistence..big thumbs up

Watch the last 2 minutes again on AFL site.

Vickery made a massive blunder a minute or 2 prior that would have ended it but here's some of the classic (only Richmond would do that) blunders in the last 2 minutes.

* Rance gives away a stupid free kick that costs a goal. WTF Alex, not switched on tonight, awful.
* B. Ellis panics under pressure and coughs up a handball. Panic merchant.
* Cotchin slams it on the boot down the wing to a pack of magpies who open it up by running through the centre. His defenders will just give him a good posession stat.
* Vlaustin panics and slams a handball out of bounds deliberate. Rushed behind or a kick was the go. A handball? WTF
* 1 player is at the back of the pack (that's right only 1 in Houli) as Moore centers it into the goalsquare with 15 seconds left.
Hampson trips over his own feet and has no impact in the contest. Grundy grabs it and kicks, Houli is unable to smother. Hampson's man kicked the goal when he was tripping himself up.

Crap like this happens far too often with this team. Only Richmond could do that.

I have lost all faith in this team, the coaches that train them, pick the side and the administration that puts these coaches in their positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the case earlier in the game, but as I said, he switched on when it mattered at the end. When does Cotch ever step up when the game's in the balance?
cotch had a better game then treloar

Bad luck tonight, just an all around bad night.

However keep faith, you're still a quality side and finalist for 3 consecutive years - no mean feat. If you can just add someone like Treloar to your midfield in the off-season I can really see you guys pushing the Top 4.

All the best next week :thumbsu:
nah we have enough players who cant hit a target

ruddy over this shit, we never learn from our mistakes or know how to finish a game. Gold Coast, Carlton (Brock McLean goal) and now tonight. Why?! Why!!!!?????
Every Afl club has team rules on how to close out and defend leads, avoid the corridor, get numbers back etc. this team cannot follow rules. Vickery has rush of blood and tries to pass the ball off, Rance kicks long sideways to the most impotent player in the Universe, players don't stand goal side in dying stages of match. Too many similar players who panic and are too emotional. We have not improved and given the next few matches will probably miss finals and this was the year we were going to win it. 7 years into a coaching regime and lose the unloveable.
Oh, and if Hunt plays again I'm not watching. Griffiths is not going to make it, what a waste.

Just back from game and as far as i'm concerned....................THEY ****ING DESERVED TO LOSE............................they went into the game with a negative mindset and it showed, not prepared to take the game on in the first half and coughing the ball up all night under no pressure, TV what the **** were you thinking in the last qtr passing the ball when 25 out when a set shot and goal seals the game.

Again we had a team by the throat and couldn't deliver the knockout blow.

Who actually watches a ******* press conference? What can you take out of it apart from the robotic, soft, generic bullshit they spew out all over the TV? The only indicator for us is if we come out and smash Adelaide in a week's time, then we will know if the loss actually meant something to our group. Right now, I think it ******* doesn't

They'll need to do a shitload more than beat 1 team to make me happy and make up for that disaster (and last week's). Bunch of ass clown and campaigners the lot of 'em.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Back