Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So Richmond had 47 more disposals, 45 more effective disposals, 20 more marks,22 more hitouts, 12 less tackles, 9 frees less, 1 less goal, 7 more behinds, 2 less inside 50's, 13 more clearances, 6 more rebound 50's, 11 more 1%, 3 more contested possessions.

With those stats we should have won by 10 goals, not lose by a point.

Glad to see we can rackup possessions, but fail to get the ball inside 50 as much. That is just ridiculous.
We need to cut out the 15m kicks, it just gives possessions, which gives us more chance to turn over, slows the game and does not help us get it inside 50 anyway.
We would have to be the shortest kicking team in the comp.

But I guess we met our KPI's.

Definately this or those dinky handballs a foot away.

Just wondering how Bachar didn't get a hand on that ball, or it didn't smash into the behind post. Just pure arse really, that's all that win was at the end of the day
Because we don't smother the ball and we probably don't practice it.
Tackling would seem to be a similar thing, but we are great at corralling and letting opps have plenty of time to kick or hand pass the ball under very little pressure.

Actually over it now.... we lost. Life goes on.

Changes:

Out:
Hunt.... disposal was deplorable
Grimes .... bugger
Vlas.... suspended?

In:
Titch
Chaplin I think. Saw Batch at Punt Rd before the match and he looked like he was limping so he may not get up
Broad maybe if Vlas gets rubbed out. Broad's disposal is poor though so may not help. Lennon not fit enough yet.

Issues:
Lids still not fit. Might need to play across half back when he does come back. We have enough class/goal-scoring power forward of centre.
Maric, Yarran, Grimes - injuries not what we need at this time of our draw.
Lennon still not fit - glandular still impacting on his overall fitness. Watched him at Punt Rd tonight and he was struggling.

Disposal: So poor at crucial times but generally the same guys. Hunt, Houli, Ellis and McIntosh under pressure poor.

We play at the opposition's level week in, week out. Rarely above or below. I'd love to see them just play the way they want to play and at a high level. If the other side is good enough then good on them.

The post I replied to was about TV passing specifically being a team rule, which is garbage. There is no way the coaches would've wanted him to pass the ball. As to being brave and going it alone, it all depends in what context? Imo we over possess the ball way too much and most of the time create pressure for our selves. I agree Hunt sometimes get thrown under the bus others up the field as well.
The strange thing about Vickery playing on in the last quarter was how he tried to do the same thing earlier in the game up the other end from right in close. He only stopped and went back for the shot when finally some of the players told him to go back. He then kicked the goal. Why a guy of his kicking ability would think of passing the ball is baffling given that he is a key part of the forward set up and relied upon to go back and kick goals.

Round 2 .you can panic all you like . I have the up most trust in this group . Not playing well obviously but l am very confident we will be there in September :thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it constantly the same sh!t week in week out, poor kicking skills, bad decision making, there is only 1 person to blame the coach.

Some (perhaps even many) may think that's harsh and seek to transfer blame to the players, but Hardwick arrived stating he had zero tolerance for poor kicks and that within 5yrs he'd have built a side solely from the draft which was chock-full of great kicks, taught 'The Hardwick Way' who would be seriously challenging for a flag by then.

By his own stated objectives, his tenure has been a massive fail - despite having almost no major injuries to key personnel (a luxury no other Richmond coach in 3 decades has had).

Not once has he taken a shred of blame or sought to explain to the supporters why he's failed and what he's going to do about his blueprint being in complete tatters by now.

Saddest of all, if this board is any guide, perhaps as few as 5% of our supporters even remember he said those things, let alone insist on holding him to account for them.

Some (perhaps even many) may think that's harsh and seek to transfer blame to the players, but Hardwick arrived stating he had zero tolerance for poor kicks and that within 5yrs he'd have built a side solely from the draft which was chock-full of great kicks, taught 'The Hardwick Way' who would be seriously challenging for a flag by then.

By his own stated objectives, his tenure has been a massive fail - despite having almost no major injuries to key personnel (a luxury no other Richmond coach in 3 decades has had).

Not once has he taken a shred of blame or sought to explain to the supporters why he's failed and what he's going to do about his blueprint being in complete tatters by now.

Saddest of all, if this board is any guide, perhaps as few as 5% of our supporters even remember he said those things, let alone insist on holding him to account for them.
Sing hallelujah!

Just remember that there is a way they categorise stats and it doesn't take into consideration of what was the best option. Cotch was good tonight but he also cost us as well, with getting in the way and also disposing of the ball to the wrong player in the chain.
Never said he was BoG just defending against people that are saying he was shit and lost us the game.

Probably does need a stint in the 2s to find some touch, Batchelor I watched during all NAB and thought he looked terrible, was making rookie mistakes a players of his years should not make. Wasn't he drafted as a second rounder, we could have taken Luke Parker that year? Francis Jackson has a lot to answer for.
Luke Parker got taken in the second round. That means every team passed on him. Just one of those gems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you not read. I said I started HE WAS TOO BUSY WINNING and it continued with listing the stats he won.
Did you read my comment at all?

yeah it was a dumb comment and you sound like Charlie Sheen. You said he was 'winning'. You didn't say what he was winning so I just assumed you talking about the game, which we lost.

I'm not sure why you originally butted in, but you're actually indirectly contributing to my point about martins game vs cotchins.

I wasn't knocking cotchin's offense (which I thought wasn't bad, but martin was more effective) I was knocking the poor effort to not lay a single tackle, which is pathetic from a captain. He was worse than martin offensively and arguably worse than martin.

In: Maric, Edwards, Elton, Batchelor/Chaplin
Out: Hampson, Hunt, Grimes (injured), Vlastuin (Suspended)

C Ellis to play hunt's role

what a bunch of absolute gimps.

wish fitzroy were still a team so i could support a bunch of guys with some spine

that's what you get for not playing batchelor, the only guy in our team who knows how to shepherd. *******s.

Was limping at Punt Rd before the match (during the ressies) and wearing running shoes.... injured would be my guess.

If you are going to crap on about that spine stuff, just piss off.... we don't need you or want you. Tear up your membership too like a 3 year old :rolleyes:

In:
Titch
Chaplin I think. Saw Batch at Punt Rd before the match and he looked like he was limping so he may not get up
Broad maybe if Vlas gets rubbed out. Broad's disposal is poor though so may not help. Lennon not fit enough yet.

Issues:
Lids still not fit. Might need to play across half back when he does come back. We have enough class/goal-scoring power forward of centre.
Maric, Yarran, Grimes - injuries not what we need at this time of our draw.
Lennon still not fit - glandular still impacting on his overall fitness. Watched him at Punt Rd tonight and he was struggling.

I can't believe our 2's got done by Essendon by 70 pts haha.

1st's beat Carlton, but should have lost & lose by 1 pt to Coll.
2nds get smashed by Carlton & Essendon.
Is this for real??????

My dad is a dual premiership 73'74 and x coach of the under 18s of richmond u deadsh!t 1% yeh mate
Before you go off half cocked you might want to take stock of what is being written. I was not mentioning anything about you or your father's connection to the club. I was stating that unless you post Richmond is the best, Hardwick is the best then you will be on the outer with the majority of the posters here and therefore have all of your posts scrutinize.

And in regards to your Dad, nice to see you need to live off his success to have any sort of life relevance you loser campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Back