Autopsy Round 2 = St Kilda 94-79 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Fin Macrae is a grinder. He needs time to build influence on matches. He’s not an impact player. It makes no sense to make him sub.

By the time he’s being activated, he has no chance of changing the outcome.

Subs should either be utilities like WHE, or X-factor/fast players like McCreery, not grinders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That degoey decision in the last was absolutely horrendous!
Well,that led directly to the Higgins goal,which sealed the game for them.And even he was out of bounds when he kicked it.I just have to ask,why is the umpiring so consistently bad ?Even the boundary umpires seem to miss so much.

Umps where very 1 sided but we where Terrible.

Something very wrong at the Club - Wright Long Holiday?

No One is Playing well.

Move the Ball Very Slow then we just Bomb the Ball

I'm actually embarrased for Finn. His management should have shopped him around last year. He's too good to be wasting away on the bench or in the 2s.

Our coach has one plan and it either works brilliantly or it fails horribly. Why wouldn't you put Daicos back at half-back to help mop up and stop Higgins and Henry from doing whatever the **** they like? Why wouldn't you put JDG forward and have Jamie in at the bounce?

Ok Ok... I'd better stop here... so much frustration and the typing is not helping it go away... :-/

Didn't cost us the game though, we were bad.
Bad umpiring exacerbates poor form. We are a team that can turn our form around when we get momentum. Bad umpiring is a momentum killer. There was a period in the last quarter where we had a real sniff but atrocious umpiring snuffed it all out topped off with the Higgins goal from out of bounds.

Loved them for a long time, but Howe, sidey and pendles are struggling. Mitchell and Cox as well.
He has been great so far, but will be interesting to see how mcrae handles some tough decisions coming up.

Whatever our pre-season program was, it either wasn't enough or was too casual and interrupted after the flag. I've not seen a team come off a flag looking so unorganised and so underprepared.

The reality of last season is that it was so tight at the top end. For us to enter pre-season and come back anything less than 100% fit and focused was always going to result in us being overtaken by everyone who did

This is a major hurdle for the coaching staff and players to figure out, and I'm sure they'll take these learnings into future pre-seasons. The problem is that this season is fast becoming a write off, which means we're another year closer to the retirements/complete ineffectiveness of Howe, Sidey, Pendles, Elliott, Mihocek and Mitchell, all major pieces of our premiership last year. Even worse, we are seriously lacking in options replace these boys and have spent the best part of 2 seasons stalling Macrae and Reefs development by playing them so inconsistently.

At this point I fear we are closer to a complete rebuild than another flag.

At least there are plenty of highlight packages and docos of the 2023 season on Kayo to get us through 🤙🏻

20 rounds to go. Only need 13-14 wins to qualify. I'm disappointed at what I've seen so far but I'm not cutting my wrists just yet.
A loss next week, which is likely, will eat up almost half of allowable losses.

I'm at a loss to define where the synergy has gone - not clean handling the ball, ineffectual kicking and the structure seems wobbly.
Likewise. The contrast with what we saw last year is just unbearable, and it has little to do with the actual opposition. St kilda are an average side. At any time in this game, had we recaptrued the energy and even 75% of the skill set from last year ,we would have won this game. But all the drive, all the synergy, all the skills appear to have forsaken us.

We are not connecting.
Mcinnes, Frampton, schulz and macrae in Murphy and mcstay out
When we have the same 22 playing all the time it's easy to play well
When we don't we are vulnerable but newsflash this is all teams. We need consistency. A consistent line up helps. Pendles even said that last week and they know it will turn.
Hopefully we get that back soon
Yes a lot of hard work goes into a flag but a lot of luck too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the positive side the selection of Frampton and McInnes worked well with both having good games. The question has to be asked why it took 3 weeks though.

We also looked much better when we had our backs to the wall in the last quarter and decided to play with run and dare. Was a nice change to the man on man tactics we’ve allowed the opposition to play when we’ve had the footy across the first 3 games.

Seriously it's time the whole club put their heads together and workout wtf is going on....
I would be telling players no podcasts this week or online shows, or whatever they do on social media, as it's time for ass up and heads down, and focus on reviving our season!!!!
I asked the question about players/club and socials before this game

It looks a little like we have experienced 15 or 16 ridiculous highs from epic wins over the past two years, culminating in a magnificent premiership and the edge has gone off.

I am fine with it. Last year was football nirvana. Expecting it every year is stupid.

Liked McInness and pissed we traded our first for Schultz.

Fox footy just laughing at the Higgins out of bounds call… there is the issue with the football and umpiring standard!
Unaccountable bullshit that never get called out, it’s amateur and as a professional sport it’s a disgrace.
The standard this year is the worst I’ve seen.
The most frustrating part of that was it was just agter JDG was being held in our forward line and then penalised for holding the ball (Which they also laughed about) 2 goal turnaround when we were 14 down and coming at them. I didn't expect us to get over the line but that certainly extinguished any sort of hope.
Credit to the Saints. They were clearly better for most of the night.

Loved them for a long time, but Howe, sidey and pendles are struggling. Mitchell and Cox as well.
He has been great so far, but will be interesting to see how mcrae handles some tough decisions coming up.

I think Pendles and Howe should continue in 2025, but not Cox, Mitchell or Sidebottom....
That's why this year play McInnes, Macrae, Harrison and Allan to give them enough regular exposure at senior level to build them into 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2 = St Kilda 94-79 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back