Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotch gets BOG from both coaches

RICHMOND V COLLINGWOOD
10 Cotchin (Rich), 7 Grundy (Coll), 4 Treloar (Coll), 3 Martin (Rich), 3 Nankervis (Rich), 2 Hoskin-Elliott (Coll), 1 Goldsack (Coll)
Yep, I think that's about spot on.
But then they are 2 spuds of coaches so what would they know!!!

Last edited:
If we somehow beat west coast first thing people will say is wce are flat track bullies or we got a lucky draw ,3 MCG games in a row
Lets also not forget the party line excuse if the weagles loose - the travel to melbourne effected their form.
About time the media came up with a nee party line - red eye, turbelent flight - anything new will do!!!!!

Bolton was best available at that pick. He is still very raw but has also shown he has plenty of x-factor about him so I'd rather reserve my judgement when he is actually exposed to some senior football.
So you wanted us to trade for a tall to either replace Griff or be backup if Griff would ever go down. I see you mentioned Cloke which I'm assuming is who you wanted us to target.
You also mention list profile, and that also reflects on age profile. Cloke doesn't fit in our age profile and isn't the answer for long term success. Which is what we should be aiming for. I'd much rather we took our time and brought in players who will help the club see a period of prolonged success rather than just a short term fix that would more than likely not pay dividends. I would much rather win 3-4 flags, then just win one and then fall in a heap again. We are Richmond, arguably one of, if not the biggest club in Australia. We need to be challenging for flags every year, and that is exactly where I see this list building to.
Bulldogs just won a flag, so they can go out and get Cloke because they are now in their window and will try and win as many premierships as it can before the list falls down.
We are rumoured to be into Josh Schache, he is currently 19, if we get him then we have Griff cover and someone who can take over from Jack when he hangs up the boots. That's a plan for prolonged success. That's the way we need to continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree with you, young fella. I would love to start a dynasty rather than have one off success.
Maybe by using the word recycled I misled you. We should have looked at trading for a ready made player who would have given us both, back up and options. The player I would have targeted is Close, from Brisbane. I posted this prior to trade week, so I'm not suggesting this in hindsight.
He can play forward/ruck and could cover for Rance or Astbury, if required. He has a lot of upside and would be a ten year player.
Bolton may turn out very good, and at pick 27 may well may have been the best player available at the time. However, when will we see that benefit? If RFC's aim this year, was, as stated, to make the eight, then surely we needed some key position competition/back up.
As for the Schache rumours, I would offer Eric Hipwood a Tom Boyd deal rather than go for Schache.

Tough game, lucky result.
The Pies could have sunk us early. Shit kicking helped us out.
Cochin was at his best.
Flash backs to last seasons game came flooding back in the final term, but I'm glad I backed the boys to win and we got up.

Difficult challenge this weekend, but if we can snag a win, the 5.0 start I'm praying for just might happen.

I don't disagree with you, young fella. I would love to start a dynasty rather than have one off success.
Maybe by using the word recycled I misled you. We should have looked at trading for a ready made player who would have given us both, back up and options. The player I would have targeted is Close, from Brisbane. I posted this prior to trade week, so I'm not suggesting this in hindsight.
He can play forward/ruck and could cover for Rance or Astbury, if required. He has a lot of upside and would be a ten year player.
Bolton may turn out very good, and at pick 27 may well may have been the best player available at the time. However, when will we see that benefit? If RFC's aim this year, was, as stated, to make the eight, then surely we needed some key position competition/back up.
As for the Schache rumours, I would offer Eric Hipwood a Tom Boyd deal rather than go for Schache.

Bolton still needs to dislodge Edwards, Rioli, Castangna and Butler and outplay Stengle, Menadue and Corey Ellis to get within a bull's roar of getting a senior game.
His plight is not made an easier - as we have seen in the last week - that we have wafer stronmg key position players like Griffiths and three of the five players who started the year as rookies were key position or ruck players.

Retraction accepted ;)

I also was able to watch the replay and have to say I was happier with Lamberts efforts in the second half, he did some really good things on occasion.
His is the only spot I would really put up for a change (give Griff will or won't play on its own).
The question is what do you want out of that spot.
Halfback run and carry - Markov/Kmac?
Midfield grunt - Miles (I think we have this covered in the team ATM)
Versatility/Run-with - Hunt.... please no, let's stay with lambert

I prefer Lambert to Taylor Hunt. Lambert can run in the midfield rotation, where Taylor Hunt has more of a defender's role. Given Lambert did run with Treloar in the second half, I don't think Taylor Hunt is that type of running lock down player. I'd like Markov in the side for sure. Looks like Edwards is out as well as Griffiths, so it will be an interesting Mach Committee meeting this week !

I prefer Lambert to Taylor Hunt. Lambert can run in the midfield rotation, where Taylor Hunt has more of a defender's role. Given Lambert did run with Treloar in the second half, I don't think Taylor Hunt is that type of running lock down player. I'd like Markov in the side for sure. Looks like Edwards is out as well as Griffiths, so it will be an interesting Mach Committee meeting this week !

According to Stevo on CH7 tonight, he reckons contrary to popular reports Dusty wont be playing this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2 V Collingwood, Roast Toast & Changes for West Coast

Back