1. Hunter
2. Long
3. Kent
4. Billings
5. Ross
6. Dunstan
7. Butler
8. Ratten + coaching staff

The real worry is this. Good coaches don't let beltings like this happen this many times in a season. We need to seriously review everyone's position at the end of the year.

Can’t disagree with most of this. Most of those players above are habitually mediocre. Move them on. I’m sick of them. Get more kids in to the team from next year, at least they add energy and enthusiasm. Sharman looks like he will be a nice player. Byrnes and Connelly are going OK. Let’s get more of them.

As for the coach, at the risk of being howled down, we are going nowhere with Ratten. Constantly out coached in games and we get flogged far too often. He is not the man to lead us going forward, but we’ll plod on with him, waste another 12 months and continue with the mediocrity.

We desperately need another key defender and key forward.

18.4 is the second most accurate performance in Carlton's history
And they apparently had the 3rd-least amount of shots for goal that they’ve had in a game for the season.

They were on in a big way and we were off in a big way.

Plenty of work to over the off-season.

From the team tonight, I have the following that I have little faith in:
1. Hunter
2. Long
3. Kent
4. Billings
5. Ross
6. Dunstan
7. Butler
8. Ratten + coaching staff

The real worry is this. Good coaches don't let beltings like this happen this many times in a season. We need to seriously review everyone's position at the end of the year.
Agree with 7 of the 8, would keep Dunstan. Havent they already got a review going?, this was the mid season review. So now we need an end of season review to try and fix any **** ups from the mid season review.

This why we need a tall defender and our midfield was shocking - stats look great but it is what they did with it.
God we need Josh Kelly.

They didn't kill us with tall forwards. Most Of the damage from Mc Kay was done while we had Dougal on. We couldn't transition and gave them easy shots on goal from skill errors and stupid mistakes. Guys like Honey looked like guns because we kept giving it to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are our players instructed to reward Brad Hill with the possessions they've earnt when he's either not in a damaging position or he turns the ball over.
Because he was brought to the club as cream , but he aint. Has trouble getting his own ball. Very obvious tactic by the club to use him in the "receiver" role but the other teams have woken up to it. Very good when he has plenty of room.

They didn't kill us with tall forwards. Most Of the damage from Mc Kay was done while we had Dougal on. We couldn't transition and gave them easy shots on goal from skill errors and stupid mistakes. Guys like Honey looked like guns because we kept giving it to them.

I don’t remember ever seeing so many field mis-kicks. I hate those stupid over the shoulder Hollywood handballs with a passion - they rarely come off. Just do the damn basics, I don’t want to see the Harlem Globetrotters.

Clav has shown as little at AFL level as Hunter has.
No goal kicked against him last week, 8 marks and 14 disposals. Phunter would take about 8 games to have that impact. Having 2 ruckman of which 1 isn't afl level and 1 kpd is weird. The guy gave blocking frees in the ruck against McGovern last week, which is basically the minimum requirement of what not to do

Our backs really fell apart this match, but look at the starting 6 we should have had, bar injuries this year.

Paton - Howard - Geary
Wilkie - Carlisle - Sinclair

Literally only Wilkie left standing! Doesn't include Frawley or Battle (also injured) either

We literally didn't have a backline.

They got some easy ball in their forward line, they were licking their chops. We were so disorganised. All of their midfield kicked a goal, maybe Silvagni didnt but that was probably due to leather poisoning.

No goal kicked against him last week, 8 marks and 14 disposals. Phunter would take about 8 games to have that impact. Having 2 ruckman of which 1 isn't afl level and 1 kpd is weird. The guy gave blocking frees in the ruck against McGovern last week, which is basically the minimum requirement of what not to do
He was playing in West Coasts third/forth forward rather than someone a 195cm key defender should be matched up on because he wasn't capable of playing on a decent key forward.

Means Heath obviously.
Jesus Gringo, if that was obvious to you, you must do alright at the cryptic crosswords.
Had me just looking at the screen blinking.

I don't even have anything to say about football tonight.
Well I'll say this. Signs were worrying from the first quarter. Only half watched after that.

Have to win 3 or 4 of our last 4. And we lose to a ruckless carlton.
And to think I bothered opening a bottle of wine for this game.

Tonight missing Sincs really hurt. We have used him and Hill quite well the past 8 weeks. But with Sincs out, no one stepped up to help and so Hill was left to be the line breaker all on his own. Meant the Blues only needed to aim for him.
He is only one player, we basically got flogged because we fumbled, made poor decisions, kicked like shit and 100 other things.

Maybe she's born with it?

Thought I'd watched a different game for a second!
When guys like Honey etc are kicking goals you know you have a problem
We need another tall down back and not a spud, because playing with only Wilkie and Highmore we are in for massive problems - next week Buddy and whoever , then Hawkins and Cameron , then Lobb , Tabener and Tracy and we know plugging the hole with Joyce and Cavarino is a joke.

Our backline was exposed badly today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back