Preview Round 20, 2023: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 30th July, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Hawks

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lose this one and then we finally kiss 💋 final’s goodbye.
All the above mentioned will get a go after that.
While there’s still hope maybe Heath and Hotton.

Byrnes in for Hill as the most like for like we have and leave everything else the same. Leave Gresh & Clark in to keep their trade value up.

As others have said, Coff needs a few weeks, a bunch of his kicks on the weekend were half volleys that fell a metre or so short of their target, would have been disastrous at senior level. I reckon he's looking OK though and very keen to see him in the side before years' end.

Edit: Coops and Hammer didn't have great games but I'd continue to play them, they are both still young and need game time. Not sure what RtB's instructions were to Hammer to work on, but he seemed to be up the ground a lot more and provided some hit outs and whanot, just seemed a lot more involved.
I'm sur i know what Ross said to Hammer, son it's time you started kicking some goals because that is what he's lacking multiple goals on any given game would do.

Everyone is mystified as to how we are 6th but there's a fairly obvious reason when you look in the points against column. We are the second best defensive team in the comp.

Have to say beating the Hawks is one of life's great pleasures and they will be confident of getting us this week. Hope we stick it up them and the naysayers and mystify them for another week ;)

OK, going to be an interesting game and first time RTB goes against a team we lost to, so possibly some changes. Marshall showed what a experienced forward is like, and was played there probably due to injury, and Hill just needs the rest whether he is fit or not. From the Sandy game, Coffield was able to read the game well, but showed what basically 2 years out of the game does, Heath still shows plenty both as a forward and ruckman, Hotton had his best game but still is not there yet, Peris has found consistency in production.

FB: Webster Howard Battle

HB: Sinclair Wilkie NWM

M: Wood Owens Bytel

HF: Peris Caminiti Sharman

FF: Higgins Marshall Billings

Foll: Heath Steele Jones

Bench: Windhager Clark Crouch Phillipou

Ins: Heath, Peris (Billings comes in from sub)

Outs: Butler, Hill, Gresham

Someone did an analysis of the Hawks last win against us.

That article absolutely gushes over everything Hawthorn. But i think it makes some valid points.

StKilda players are doing dumb things.
They need to introduce a new stat , "dumb acts".
Someone previously said it was like they were playing Auskick, and ....yeah.

Be warned - I'm going to this game with a mate who is back in town from overseas.

Last time I went to a Hawthorn V St Kilda game with him was on 3rd May 2014.

"First-year player Jack Billings, who will be a star, and much-respected veteran Lenny Hayes were best for the Saints."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be warned - I'm going to this game with a mate who is back in town from overseas.

"First-year player Jack Billings, who will be a star, and much-respected veteran Lenny Hayes were best for the Saints."
Wouldn't he rather go surfing or something?

That article absolutely gushes over everything Hawthorn. But i think it makes some valid points.

StKilda players are doing dumb things.
They need to introduce a new stat , "dumb acts".
Someone previously said it was like they were playing Auskick, and ....yeah.

Couldn't be ****ed reading it but I remember they kept their quick handball game going on us and we couldn't tackle them. Was hardly rocket surgery.

Couldn't be ****ed reading it but I remember they kept their quick handball game going on us and we couldn't tackle them. Was hardly rocket surgery.

Whoever wrote it got into a bit more analysis than that. Kind of looks like our defensive structures are all wrong.
And our forwards aren't forward, and when they are, all gather in the same spot.

So: Membery, Hayes and Cordy are all available.
Who gets selected, if any?
Not many, if any. Dunno if we've got many dudes that can go and rock a show like this.

I was there too.

What a bizarre day.

Poor development, injuries or on him and his attitude?

So: Membery, Hayes and Cordy are all available.
Who gets selected, if any?

For me, Hayes as only one.

Cordy for D50 depth as intended, Membrey for Wood/Caminiti/Sharman rotational if required, Hayes the only straight in as a forward presence to assist the small brigade and Caminiti or that second option.

Put Battle in the forward line and bring in Highmore please

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Don't mind this idea to be honest.

I know some will hate it, but he's been pretty average for most of the year. It might be worth seeing if he can give us something forward.

If Hayes is fit though I think he comes in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back