Preview Round 20, 2023: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 30th July, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Hawks

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ins:

1. I know doubtful, but Coffield's 28 disposals & elite kicking & intercept marking would be handy.
2. Hotton- has probably had enough games in the two's now. Had his best game with 27 Disposals.
3. Campbell- to chop out in the ruck or sit at either end.
4. Hayes- doubtful but much needed in the forward line.
5. Cordy- bigger body at either end of the ground, level head
6. Peris- unlucky to be dropped, adds pressure & speed.
7. Hill- still might play, cleared of any structural damage.
8. Heath's- consistent improvement lately, deserving of a game?
9. Highmore- Mr.Consistant in the two's
10. Membrey- available???

Last edited:
Dogs probably the only team with the favourable 3 wins on the run home.

The potential wins are there for us if we can play like we did in the 4th quarter or like we did against Melbourne while kicking straight.

View attachment 1754751
Dogs with the rub of the green - what a surprise.

Saints with 0 would be my guess. Carlton back in great form. Cats and Dogs handy draws. Swans aren’t out of it, finding some form.

The phrase "we have very little in the VFL" has never been less true this year than it is now. I don't think we make six changes, but it does seem like Hayes is very likely, and we need someone for Hill.
We may have more players running around at Sandy than earlier in the year, but we dont have many putting in great performances or demanding their way back in.

We may have more players running around at Sandy than earlier in the year, but we dont have many putting in great performances or demanding their way back in.
Plenty of them need some game time as well. We have blokes that have missed a LOT of games, they need to get some match fitness, they can't just be thrown in the deep end after such long stints on the sidelines. Was great to see Coff racking them up on the weekend, but he looked rusty, and fair enough too. But we need to be patient and given him a few weeks running around at Sandy to shake off that rust. Would also expect him to dip this week, as the second week back after a long layoff is always the harder week. Although if he gets around OK this week you would look at him for the Carlton game.

Fun Fact!!!???
G Train & Spider Everett owned restaurants, G Train still might?
G-Trains was at Springvale junction at the end of Nepean hwy.
Spider's was in Mentone, next to 'Beaches'.
Can anyone remember their names, as I can't.

Fun Fact!!!???
G Train & Spider Everett owned restaurants, G Train still might?
G-Trains was at Springvale junction at the end of Nepean hwy.
Spider's was in Mentone, next to 'Beaches'.
Can anyone remember their names, as I can't.

Michelangelo's​

Never been to it, but i always thought the food would be good in a restaurant that Gehrig owned.
Though if you complained about it, you might get the glare of death.

hFHWNXft.jpg

I think someone had said that he was close a week ago. Either funny buggers on the injury list or too lazy to update.

They’ve done it all year. Players are weeks away until they aren’t.

Genuinely wouldnt be mad if we play Hayes and just tell him to go full Alistair Lynch on Sicily before the opening bounce (making he sure lands at least one KO shot) then put him on ice for a full blooded pre season off the 6 week ban.

Knowing the big mans luck, he'll swing, connect to the face, break his hand, Sicily would give a slight push in response, there goes Hayes good leg and pre bounce the rest of them are like "well if he can't do it I certainly wont" and we revert back to turn of 20th century nonsense as Hawks romp it in.

Best to just say emulate Plugger and just wait for Sicily to fill the hole and knee/elbow him in the back of the head as you come through instead. Gotta present on a lead after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good ones on the weekend.
Knowing the big mans luck, he'll swing, connect to the face, break his hand, Sicily would give a slight push in response, there goes Hayes good leg and pre bounce the rest of them are like "well if he can't do it I certainly wont" and we revert back to turn of 20th century nonsense as Hawks romp it in.

Best to just say emulate Plugger and just wait for Sicily to fill the hole and knee/elbow him in the back of the head as you come through instead. Gotta present on a lead after all.
Give the Pou a job, hang tight on Sicily or Steele tag him, or Owens beat him fair & square, but would like Owens permanently injected into the midfield-is there anything the boy can't do?

Give the Pou a job, hang tight on Sicily or Steele tag him, or Owens beat him fair & square, but would like Owens permanently injected into the midfield-is there anything the boy can't do?
If we don’t try something on Sicily I’ll be ****ing spewing. He had 40 and 20 odd intercept possies against us last time.

I remember Owens did a good job on him last year and obviously was injured when we played them earlier.

He might get the role this time.

We are struggling with cohesion at the moment. None of the forwards sacrifice for others. I think sacrificing Owens sounds bad but it means that we don't have to play our spare defending a defender. Our forwards need to learn how to pull players out into space and leave holes behind them for others to lead into. Inexperience means they haven't developed a lot of forward craft yet and a lack of playing together mens that there isn't a lot of cohesion and synchronicity.

To me the number one issue is that kick inside 50 still. Guys that intercept read the play well and know where it's going. Players like Hunter Clark, Nas and Sinclair are the only regular reliable inside 50 kicks. Nearly everyone else seems to think too long and then kick it right where the interceptor has already decided that it will go.

If we don’t try something on Sicily I’ll be ******* spewing. He had 40 and 20 odd intercept possies against us last time.

The answer is to NOT kick it to him. It makes no sense to tag a defender. Tell our forwards to run the hell away from him in 3 different directions.
Tell our mids to kick it to the spot where he isn't . Especially tell Gresh and Marshall that . ( Ross may have been a culprit last time ).
Last time our tall's were Caminiti and Sharman, and i think they were pretty well held by the Hawks defense.
I wouldn't mind Hayes coming in, he's strong enough to get to the drop of the ball, and Sicily isn't too tall for him.

Should we get Windhager to play on Newcomb? He had a day out last time.

Dogs with the rub of the green - what a surprise.

Saints with 0 would be my guess. Carlton back in great form. Cats and Dogs handy draws. Swans aren’t out of it, finding some form.

We have the Hawks who are very gettable. Richmond are hit and miss. Carlton have injuries mounting by the week. McKay and Walsh both look like they are out for weeks and they play the Pies this week. They could already be done for the year by the time we meet them. Geelong could as well. Brisbane in Brisbane sounds like the only absolute unlikely one.

Knock off a couple of Hawks, Carton and Tigers and we possibly make finals. Win 3 more for the year and we almost guarantee it. Ross Lyon will have a better list available late and that should help a lot. Our fire power is a real issue and having players back helps that.

Everyone hates Seb Ross but if we could get him back to the player he was early in the season he's an upgrade on a couple currently playing.

The answer is to NOT kick it to him. It makes no sense to tag a defender. Tell our forwards to run the hell away from him in 3 different directions.
Tell our mids to kick it to the spot where he isn't . Especially tell Gresh and Marshall that . ( Ross may have been a culprit last time ).
Last time our tall's were Caminiti and Sharman, and i think they were pretty well held by the Hawks defense.
I wouldn't mind Hayes coming in, he's strong enough to get to the drop of the ball, and Sicily isn't too tall for him.

Yeh, with all due respect it is absolutely not that simple.

You don't tag as such, you just block his run and stand him so that everything is earned. Owens is a contested player so suits playing a tight one on one.

Windhager looks mint off HBF at the moment. I'd not touch what's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back