Prediction Round 20, 2024 - Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out:Jones, Rotham, Ledwards, Bailey Williams, Cripps, Chesser, Hutch

In Yeo, Waterman,Burgiel, Flynn, dewar, Baker and Rawlinson

Honestly over Jones and his inability to kick.

Play Maric on the wing

Would love to see Jilliams play more forward but I’m done with bailey and want him gone

Was listening to 882 post game while driving the kids around.

Burgiel apparently did his hammy again (8th hammy).

Petch apparently has a 3 year offer/extention on the table.
3 years for a continually injured Mid/Fwrd who has poor footy IQ and who's one trick was speed which he has now lost.... Why do we hate our selves so much that we continue to keep these players...

Was listening to 882 post game while driving the kids around.

Burgiel apparently did his hammy again (8th hammy).

lol geez

1 year extension for these guys Max.

Burgiel... maybe bye bye

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rotham out, Luke Edwards surely out.

Snake in relegates JWill probably to less time up forward but Snake needs to come back in.

Yeo in might mean Culley out, harsh on Culley but no point playing him if it's not going to be as a midfielder.

Duggan in for Chesser I assume seeing as Chesser was subbed out.

Dewar in for Ryan assuming he is suspended?

If you're not giving Jones a role down back don't play him, give someone else a few weeks in the role.

I wonder will Gov make one of his miraculous recoveries, he's slated as 1-2 weeks away during the week. We need him badly.
No we don't. His absence wasn't our issue today. Conceding 21 inside 50s in the first quarter and only having 37 for the whole match ourselves is the issue. We haven't got a ruck/midfield that can win 666 centre clearances and so we are relying on constantly trying to move the ball from our D50. We don't have the leg speed and kicking skills to do that so we turn the ball over coming out of defence and suffer repeat inside 50s. Then if we do get it down our forward line, their is no forward pressure so the ball rebounds back into the centre of the ground where we are useless with post clearance possession and ground ball, leading to another oppo inside 50. Rinse and repeat.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given it was a WAFL bye round, i reckon the MC will make minimal changes which makes me sick. Be gentle but if i had a go it would be the following....

Out: Jones, Hutchinson, Cole, B.Williams. Cripps, Rotham
Ins: Baker, Dewar, Rawlinson, Flynn, Waterman, yeo.

Would love to drop Kelly after that insipid display of incompetency as a leader of our club, but that might be a bridge too far.

Why not drop kelly. Send a real message.

Can’t like this enough. Season is cooked. Send a message.

Knowing the club though they’d sugar coat it externally by saying he’s being “managed” or his knee is playing up again so out injured. Need to make a genuine selection statement.

We’re going to lose anyway so who cares if he plays WAFL, I’d prefer the message it sends to players that are going through the motions on fat contracts.

Last edited:
Cripps, Jones & Petch can **** right off to the WAFL and stay there.

Leave Chesser in and play him as an inside mid only. Push Kelly out to the wing and bring Dewar in to play half forward.
Bring in Rawlinson and play him forward for Jones and tell him to just apply forward pressure.
Petch can be replaced by Johnstone or whichever young guy that is in the best form in the WAFL that plays whatever role Petch is supposed to be playing.

Bottom line is we need to play the kids and not care how much we lose by. Hawks are currently killing it because they have been playing the youth the last two years and are now reaping the rewards.

No we don't. His absence wasn't our issue today. Conceding 21 inside 50s in the first quarter and only having 37 for the whole match ourselves is the issue. We haven't got a ruck/midfield that can win 666 centre clearances and so we are relying on constantly trying to move the ball from our D50. We don't have the leg speed and kicking skills to do that so we turn the ball over coming out of defence and suffer repeat inside 50s. Then if we do get it down our forward line, their is no forward pressure so the ball rebounds back into the centre of the ground where we are useless with post clearance possession and ground ball, leading to another oppo inside 50. Rinse and repeat.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Considering Fremantle have the likes of Tracey, Jackson, Amiss & Darcy I think Gov would help in that aspect.

If true, just proves we haven’t learned how to list manage.

Petch, and a few others, should be shopped around. Hell May even be steak knives in a deal but he’s been on our list long enough.

As have a few others - when does enough become enough?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out: Ryan (susp), Jones, LEdwards, Rotham, BWill
In: Dewar, Waterman, Yeo, Gov (if not, Burgiel), Flynn

Hutch or Culley to sub, as Culley cannot play that dead forward role. If Ryan survives, Hutch to be dropped.

Would also gladly see Johnston for Trew, opening up mid minutes for Culley/Chess, but don’t see us making five changes let alone six or seven.

Can’t like this enough. Season is cooked. Send a message.

Knowing the club though they’d sugar coat it externally by saying he’s being “managed” or his knee is playing up again so out injured. Need to make a genuine selection statement.

We’re going to lose anyway so who cares if he plays WAFL, I’d prefer the message it sends to players that are going through the motions on fat contracts.
Last week, didn’t they drop Jack Darling for the first time in his 14 year career and explicitly put out a statement saying he wasn’t hurt, he was dropped, then carried through with him playing a full WAFL game?

Don’t buy this part of the outrage whatsoever.

Very interesting, no idea how this will go. Don't think we can swing wholesale changes so will cap the Wishlist at 4.

Coming back in for sure Yeo, Waterman. No WAFL as per usual and no shortage of bog average efforts agains the saints. Don't expect to see Gov or Duggan and did someone say Burgeil has another hammy?

Out: Captain Credits, Jones, Bailey Williams, Rotham
In: Yeo, Waterman, Flynn, Johnston

FF: Johnston, Waterman, Cole
HF: Maric, Allen, Ryan
C: LEdwards, Reid, Chesser
HB: Ginbey, HEdwards, Hunt
FB: Hough, Barrass, Witherden
Fol: J Williams, Kelly, Yeo
Int: Trew, Flynn, Culley, Petruccelle
Sub: Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.