Autopsy Round 20, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Williams is our 2nd ruck / forward.

After a couple of clashes with Jackson in the ruck we won a free in front of goal, not sure who. Jackson came from left field to go the push and shove with Jack and was really pissed off. Like really pissed off. Jack good at niggling in close maybe?

JW I noticed is very good at nullifying opposition better rucks, seems to have a technique where he gets tangled up in close and halves the contest, doesnt get jumped over or pushed aside.

And his forward craft is very good for someone so young with years of development still to come.

Last edited:
so seeing them laughing/joking after a hard fought out slog raises the ire of many. Because to us fans, the club/team means a lot and is a life long commitment (heck to many it might only be second to family) and would like to see this respected by the current, temporary, playing group.
Well, that might be admirable in some circles, but to me it's irrational and verging on immature. I've supported the team since 1990 (34 yrs) and I don't have those expectations, it's just a football club - grown men chasing a leather ball, not a substitute for religion, or a filler for holes in my life. Maybe you should meet up with the team and tell them personally that you'd like them to respect your wishes and please dont be laughing and joking with the oppo after each game?

Jack Williams is our 2nd ruck / forward.

After a couple of clashes with Jackson in the ruck we won a free in front of goal, not sure who. Jackson came from left field to go the push and shove with Jack and was really pissed off. Like really pissed off. Jack good at niggling in close maybe?

Jack is very good at nullifying opposition better rucks, seems to have a technique where he gets tangled up in close and halves the contest, doesnt get jumped over or pushed aside.

And his forward craft is very good for someone so young with years of development still to come.
Yeah loving jacks development ...will continue to improve when he gets older/stronger

Schofield wasn’t neutral, he was so biased for Fremantle that he was swinging off the pitch.

Wonder whether he has a bee in his bonnet about his mate Barrass trying to renegotiate his contract.

Don’t like ex WC players who are rats.
Maybe he was stating the truth, as an ex player maybe he likes what he's see at Freo. Doesn't make him a rat, makes him a mature adult who calls it as it is, not blinded by dumb loyalty? Same for Xavier Ellis. You don't have to be rusted on for the rest of your life, but you can still have connections to your ex team.

Sorry gotta disagree after watching him live

He ain’t AFL level. Serong shredded him so badly that at one point Jai was FF

Perhaps his ACL robbed him, but he was never fleet of foot to begin with

It sucks, I really wanted him to make it
Will dominate state leagues over time but doesn’t have the attributes for AFL. Greg Clark/Brant Colledge mk2

I was disgusted by the treatment of harley by the umps....do you believe if that was diacos he would be getting the same treatment ?

Does Daicos argue with the umpire at every stoppage and continue as the ball runs towards the wing in general play?? Umps will give you nothing if all you want to do is argue with them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

First half we had a real method to what we were doing and our defensive workrate was high enough to cover our turnovers. Built on the back of a huge effort in the ruck by Bailey Williams.

3rd quarter Freo lifted their rating, Bailey was starting to flag a little and they took us to school. Really exposed the systemic weaknesses that we have as a list and structurally.

Watching Freos set up around the contest and the way they move the ball into dangerous positions is orders of magnitude more advanced than us.

Crushed for Trew. Could well be the end of him, unless Schofield gets the gig - big ups for him in the presser.

Showed a lot against a good side, got exposed third quarter and then battled in the 4th. A decent game but we have so far to go to be a relevant side. We are poor at stoppages (admittedly Freo are currently about the best in business) and I'm completely buggered if I understand how we can have a pretty toothless offensive transition but still be so badly exposed on turnover. We need a whole new game plan along with changing out more cattle.

As much as we want to focus on our midfield and how crap it is, we 100% lack ball disposal from our defense. McGovern aside, every single one of our defenders has below average disposal.

Next off season should see us move some of our better disposers of the ball to defense like Maric, but we probably also need to draft someone in that spot. Ginbey still a midfielder in the long term so HB that can kick the ball is a MUST

The calls to trade Kelly are a bit weird. I get that he has been fairly trash this year but it is very well known that he needs to be in WA. So unless Freo come knocking there wont be a trade to make. I doubt Freo would be interested.
Didnt get to see the game but very happy to see we won the first half and not surprised we couldnt maintain it. Genuinely thought a 100point flogging was on the cards. Love to hear Harley racking it up and working through a tag. Jilliams has always projected as a gun IMO so great to see him starting to get there. Same with Hedwards, our fans are way to quick to write off talls that dont dominate in their first 3 years on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved how Schoey totally backed him in during the post-match presser.

Said he loved his game, noted the scragging etc he gets, but he just keeps going hard
I wanted him to call out the umpires shocking treatment though. The powder blue maggots yesterday watched a 19 year old gets scragged, buffeted, wrestled, and blocked the entire game but managed to find 5 free kicks against the ball winner making the play.

Last edited:
my god JWilliams and HEdwards, for two players that I thought wouldn't make it are really proving to be the future

peak Yeo/Reid performance

BWilliams was serviceable after a poor game last week

the Cripps decline is real
Cripps getting in Oscars way at the death was something else. Know your gd role Mr Cripps

Rotham really is not AFL quality
Culley too slow
Cripps too old
JD old and slow, seems to have lost the ability to take a mark with straight arms, so he can never take a mark at the highest point, it’s just weird!
From my point of view, everyone from the 2018 team needs to go, except for Yeo.
Trade Barrass
McGovern is quite often injured.
Sheeds foot injury hasn’t helped
Gaff should have been gone 2 years ago.
Disappointing to hear the length of Duggan contract, he’s disposal has been poor.
Footy is and Will always be a young man’s game, all this shit about oh he’s a legacy player blah blah blah, it’s rubbish! Just turn over the list and bring the kids in.

Plenty of people complain he supports us too much when commentating.
I’ve got no doubt this is why he flipped the other way. He’s gone full FIGJAM with his media career. A mate said he went on the Dons pod cast saying he’s not an Eagles supporter he just played for them or something like that. Do 7 Perth have their own commentators for games? Hopefully next year when you get the option they do. Him and Pav are putrid, Paps is elite

The meltdown on Freo board over Reid is genuinely embarrassing. 19 year old living in their heads rent free.

Nah mate - the Freo players just specifically physically targeted him after every contest and the crowd booed him and their fans are talking more about him than their win; you've completely misunderstood this coz they don't care about him at all.

🙄

The meltdown on Freo board over Reid is genuinely embarrassing. 19 year old living in their heads rent free.
You can see why. Due to media from the East and West, He’s more relevant in WA & national footy in one year then they have been their whole existence.

Due to him and the hate they have for him (and the equalisation talk ;)) the derby will be a stand alone national telecast game.

They have a very nice list build and some nice draft assets. A 19 yo should be the last thing to really care about at this point of the season.

Freo board is all talking about Reid, even after a hate filled derby win.

Hilarious and demonstrates what a p!ssant second rate little cousin with no premierships they are.

They will go out in straight sets believe it or not.

Harley and Yo were great, so much dead wood to be cut.

Rotham Culley Cripps Darling for starters.

Nah mate - the Freo players just specifically physically targeted him after every contest and the crowd booed him and their fans are talking more about him than their win; you've completely misunderstood this coz they don't care about him at all.

🙄
Oh I see this will be long in your memory :D

Loved how Schoey totally backed him in during the post-match presser.

Said he loved his game, noted the scragging etc he gets, but he just keeps going hard
So good to see a bit of genuine passion and fire from the coach again, and the fact he's backing them to play on the edge.

That's the kind of footy I want to watch.

If they can bring the same effort for the rest of the season, and he keeps doing what he's doing with the b22, then Schofield will be the man to lead this team forward👍.

Schoeys presser got me ready to run through brick walls. Hope he unlocks that combative energy from the players for the rest of the season.

It was nice to see the playing group finally fly the flag for Reid a bit after the attention he's been copping recently. Long overdue. Can only hope that galvanizes the group moving forwards.

Reasonably positive game overall, had no expectations to win and was quite proud of the fight and effort they displayed after being let down big time last weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back