Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Played one quarter of football, then went home.

Could not connect with each other for the majority of the game. Missed handballs and poor kicks.

Silver lining: Jimmy Worpel finally gets some credit for how good has been this year.

Go at it.

I don't know the answer but something needs to be done about our forward line. Looked great in the first but then were easily shut down.

Worpel bleeds brown and gold but needs urgent help.

Shiels is one of the biggest hot and cold players we have. Needs to play closer to his ceiling every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh this isn't a bad thing. If we scraped into the 8 we would've been just making up numbers.

Performances like this will fast track those tough decisions on a few of those over 30s. Some are a shadow of themselves and needed to be moved on.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

As disappointing as any game we've played this year. Pretty pissed off to be honest. Our leaders really let us down. Liam Shiels was unsighted except for some late stat padding, Stratton dropping simple marks missing 1m handballs...really not good enough, Burgoyne deserved better from our group. I hope Breust is playing injured, because if this is the new normal then for the first time ever I'd love to test his trade currency.

Some of the umpiring was bewildering as well, such as the 80m penalty against Sicily, the holding the ball against O'Meara, but just as frustrating was the non calls, North could basically hold the ball forever and do what they wanted without getting pinged.

On the plus side Worpel, just wow. Lewis still gotta work on his tank, was good in the 1st half, lazy in the 2nd. Rant over.

Edit: Rant back on - I can pinpoint the moment it went to shit and I knew it at the time, when Garner was able to hold, and hold and hold and then last second pass to Higgins that got their 1st goal. We started drinking our own bathwater after our early start and switched completely off and never got back on.

Last edited:
Smashed around the contest and the fellas dropped their heads for large parts of it. Nothing from shiels, omeara, Henderson and too many others. We are so often rubbish after a fast start. The intangible we’re missing and I reckon a lot of that is down to lack of leadership on the park.

I've never questioned the effort of this squad this year. All our other loses you could at least say they tried. Tonight, no deal. Constantly second to the ball, only one team wanted the pill and only one team wanted to have a crack. I don't care about losing and having a few seasons to regenerate the list, but I don't do well with lack of effort. Time to experiment a little bit with some other players to finish the season

Lewis, Worps and Wingard the only shining lights

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back