Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know the answer but something needs to be done about our forward line. Looked great in the first but then were easily shut down.

Worpel bleeds brown and gold but needs urgent help.

Shiels is one of the biggest hot and cold players we have. Needs to play closer to his ceiling every game.

Shiels had mid 20 touches, a million tackles and a few turnovers. That's his career. He is playing as well as he always has it's just that people expect him to be Sam Mitchell now and he never will be.

Really really disappointing night - last week we lost because we didn’t kick straight tonight we lost because we were crap.

I don’t mind a loss but I do when it’s because we play like that.

I continue to be disappointed in our leaders and senior players. Higgins and Cunnington stood up when needed - ours went missing

Worpel and Wingard can hold their heads up high

We let Silk down tonight with that display. The oldest man in the game showed the way - his old team mates didn’t go with him

Skills were terrible after the first quarter. Thought Wingard and Scully tried hard late but way too many passengers. Backline except for Dimma was poor, Smith has become a turnover king, Worpel and Burger were the best for mine.

What can you say about this side. They just don’t know how to play consistent football. It’s actually embarrassing at times. Piss poor effort after qtr time & to top it off we just witnessed grant Birchall’s final game of footy. #PLAY THE KIDS.

I don't know the answer but something needs to be done about our forward line. Looked great in the first but then were easily shut down.

Worpel bleeds brown and gold but needs urgent help.

Shiels is one of the biggest hot and cold players we have. Needs to play closer to his ceiling every game.
Half of forward line (Nash, Hanrahan & Poppy) simply have no scoreboard impact. New blood needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith is just now going through the motions now. He’s gone.

Stratton won’t be captain next year.

Another key defender needs to be on the top of the priority list this off-season.
Smith's helping out in a role that he's not great at(impey's). Shouldn't be anywhere near our defensive arc.

Shiels had mid 20 touches, a million tackles and a few turnovers. That's his career. He is playing as well as he always has it's just that people expect him to be Sam Mitchell now and he never will be.

I don't expect him to be Sam Mitchell, I expect him to play closer to his ceiling like in the Geelong game.

Wingard played his best game for the club, needs to be a full time mid he adds that X factor very few player can add.
Was the only one that looked dangerous after quarter time. Was outstanding tonight it's just a shame no one went with him.

We just can't have 8 30 year olds in the team and play like that. There are a bunch of these guys have been great servants but just no longer contributing.

Time to let the next generation lead the club.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That was a seriously pissweak effort.
As soon as we were 4 goals up I knew we were in trouble.
It’s the story of our year - get ahead comfortably and then melt, repeat melt, under pressure.

A few players there who have to go back to Box Hill for the rest of the year - and a few who must come up, including Miles.
We need a few goers who must be given a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back