Preview Round 21 The Sydney Swans vs The Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Missus was loooking at me like i was a F##$#^% idiotwhen kirky kicked that goal!9! Now i'm just throwing this out there but when my first daughter was born (05) we won the flag, we have just had our second 3 weeks ago!! whats the odd's??:D:D

Fantastic interview with Kirk and Roos by Leigh Colbert.

Kirk is such a giving individual and loves the Swans. Genuine passion.

Hope Mummy comes up ok and for the first time in a long long time the Swans may have real selection worries for next week some good players to come in but who do you drop because some of the lesser lights were fantastic. Bevo was great ! TDL and Jetta, Rohan too.
Agree,great interview. The young guys really stood up tonight. TDL, Rohan.
Hanners, Jetta. The whole team stood up and played great football,was a definate sign of things to come.

Gawdd!! Plsss let Mummy be ok...these injuries really starting to give me da shites! Can't afford to lose another important player and lose our momentum! Would love to beat Brissie and go into finals on a real high!

Kieren Jack was our best IMO. He was wonderful. Especially his 2nd quarter which was just sensational.

We are so lucky to support a club like this. I love these guys.

Mummy went in hard at a contest and seemed to jerk his knee or something. Not sure, need to look at a replay.

Big props to Pyke who really stood up after Hudson got away in the first quarter and Mummy went down and was badly hobbled. Great performance from the Moose.

Loved the game, loved the atmosphere, loved the conviction and absolutely love Kirk and Roos :)

It was just a night to remember.

Especially when the Dogs got very well beaten by, and I quote, "a bunch of no names".

Oh, and poor form people booing Barry. He did nothing wrong, there was no animosity, and I'm pretty sure he'd rather be here than there.

I didn't cheer for him, but I won't boo either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed the post-match because they bloody changed to the Championship, and turned the sound off so I couldn't even watch it on the small screen. :mad: Could someone up-load it to youtube for me?

Came in about 5 in, just after Bazza kicked his first to put them 12-6 up and was pretty confident, and from there it all just clicked. Had two poms with me who'd never watched the sport before - one had studied it in PE crazily enough though - and we drank VBs, TEDs, and had an amazing time watching the match.

**** I wish I could have been there though, 36k at the SCG would have been absolutely incredible, and when Kirky kicked his second, I was out of my seat screaming. Jetta too! Two goals from him, what a bloody game.

Hope Mummy's ok, we could cause some serious damage this finals series the way we're playing, I'd only be concerned with playing the Pies or Cats, anyone else I think we could knock off if we gave it our all, so bring on the Blues at ANZ, then the Dogs, then the Saints, then the GF!!

I didn't cheer for him, but I won't boo either.

Same. Where did you hear the "bunch of no names" comment?

Such a great night. Will definitely be ribbing my mates who were 'too busy' to come to this one... I am still grinning from ear to ear, it was just a happy vibe all round.

Yeah I agree with the Hall bit, don't think he deserves a boo from us swans fan.

What an awesome win, everyone played so well. Every single player put their bodies on the line tonight for kirk and roos. So proud.

Some Dogs supporters behind me. In general they were hurling abuse and generally being annoying at anything that moves. Just so bogan.

Seriously, they only recognised Goodes and Kirk 'the bastard'.

Probably the worst of the bunch since other WBD fans were great about their respect for Roos and Kirk, but it was a mission to put up with that for almost 3 hours.

Some Dogs supporters behind me. In general they were hurling abuse and generally being annoying at anything that moves. Just so bogan.

Seriously, they only recognised Goodes and Kirk 'the bastard'.

Probably the worst of the bunch since other WBD fans were great about their respect for Roos and Kirk, but it was a mission to put up with that for almost 3 hours.
Which part of the ground were you sitting? Sounds like the new Trumper stand?

I will tell you what I loved.

Meredith.
Came in, appeared to play quite well much better then before he was dropped and seemed that the reserve trip helped him well.

TDL
Such a good player, not explosively quick, but fast none the less, he finds space and is an incredible kick for goal.

White
At times he had Lake, who even when having a bad game is hard to beat, kicked a couple? Kicks well, rucked part time, quick, didn't see him drop easy ones.

Jetta
Getting better I think, getting outside his opponents more and then cuts inside with pace, looks much more comfortable in front of goal and is starting to do some damage.

Rohan
He looked quite good again today, was unlucky not to get a free I remember for having his neck thrown of, but he is quick has the confidence to sprint through the middle of the ground just needs to make the handpasses stick and he'll be a great offensive/defensive weapon.

I could go on but they're some mentions.

Our side, is starting to turn quicker. It's great!
We have not lost the toughness in doing so, we still have Jack, Kennedy, Kirk, Jude Bolton etc but we're now a bit quicker.

I reckon Bevo deserves a wrap:thumbsu:

Except for his debut year at back pocket, his best games have been as a forward. Great mark for his height, decent kick at goal, and heaps of defensive pressure.

Not a stand out but a good important contributor.

Great effort, but Dogs were in disarray. One week at a time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 21 The Sydney Swans vs The Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back