Preview Round 21: The Sydney Swans vs. The Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason Spangher would get a game is to replace LRT, and LRT's form in the last 6 weeks means he is going nowhere.

TDL will be replaced by a mid sized forward who can kick goals, which is likely to Morton or possibly Lamb if reserves form is an indication.

DST

I agree 100% with you. My mistake.
Morton should come in as LRT is giving his all.

Agree on not rushing Reid no need for next week, would it be that bad to give Goodes a week and get him ready for the Hawks game he is 32 after all maybe its time we should manage him for the important end of the season?

Honestly dont think they will be 2-3 changes only probable one is Morton/Lamb for TDL.

Well playing seems to be sending his form backwards.

bit harsh on Goodes.. I know he is far from his best but he got it more than the likes of Hanners, Mcglynn,LRT, Teddy,Bird,Grundy,Smith, Matner,AJ and a few more, he kicked a goal(team only kicked 9 from limited opportunities) and had 7 score involvements. Of his 15 possies 8 were contested. He took a top defender.. (i got the paper in front of me). Yeah stats don't mean everything but you are going overboard calling for him to be dropped. He knows what he has to do to improve.

I wouldn't drop Goodes but if White had turned in that first quarter, thrown tanties (at his teammates?) and missed a vital shot late in the game, I can only imagine the Bigfooty outcry.

I wouldn't drop Goodes but if White had turned in that first quarter, thrown tanties (at his teammates?) and missed a vital shot late in the game, I can only imagine the Bigfooty outcry.
But that's life for you. Your prior reputation is always going to influence a person's perception of your output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we drop Pyke we might as well grab our boots and go home, Mumford is not 100% and wont be for a while. Pyke is doing well and why change him out just because some of you guys wish to bring in Spud Spangher or Morton. There are obviously reasons Morton isn't playing in the 22.

Out: TDL
In: Any of the magoos who actually care about their careers.

I think Goodes is close to the end. I think he will struggle to recapture form. That injury has done more to him than we first suspected. Has lost confidence, pace, and a touch of the magic he had. Think next year will prove to be his last. People thinking this is just a dip in form need to realise that at his age a 'dip in form' can sometimes never be regained.

go away. now.

I urge everyone to read this thread form top to tail again.

It is the biggest load of utter crap I have ever read.

Ever.

Drop Goodes? And who do you replace him with?

Goodes played 1.75 games worth of win this year? Fail, selective memory, unrealistic standards setting and ignorance of positional switch.

The general vibe "that we need to do something NOW goddamit". Lolwat?

Jesus what a bunch of whining kids. We just got beat by the equal competition leaders by 8 points having had more scoring shots than them, by playing imbecilic football and missing regulation chances at goals. We screwed the pooch is all, or to be harsh we choked.

And I am getting sick to hell of hearing about the dysfunctional forward line. How any forward line could function with the level of delivery that was served up on Saturday is beyond me.How have we won all the games we have to date and with the number points scored for?

Panic has set in because we lost a game. Why?It makes no sense what so ever.

We will get back our key forward target in a week or so. We will get back a hard nut mid in a few more.

Out TDL
In Reid or if Reid is unfit Spangher/Morton/Walsh/Everitt/White - who cares which seriously. Get a target up there and deliver it consistently and with purpose.

The best 22 will have Jude and Reid back in from Saturdays team with TDL and Armstrong out. I have argued and will continue to believe Armstrong should be in for Mal but that is line ball anyway and peripheral to the rest.

We just won 9 in a row and, but for being ******ed and not calm and accurate, would have won on Saturday. One centre clearance in the last minute with one mark and successful shot or snap and we would not have been having this conversation. It is insane. We did not get flogged. We beat ourself and let Beams get off the chain at a couple of clearances in our forward inexplicably and with devastating effects.

One little tidbit. I sat near some of the players as they watched the ressies. The one comment they kept coming back to was Morton "loved the goals". It was not said in a nice way. That might give some people something to think on as they ponder his non selection to date.

One little tidbit. I sat near some of the players as they watched the ressies. The one comment they kept coming back to was Morton "loved the goals". It was not said in a nice way. That might give some people something to think on as they ponder his non selection to date.

If the players you were near play in the seniors, maybe they could learn something about loving a goal.

SM is right Goodes cant be Goodes forever

We all understand that Soph, but to drop him is just stupid. He should never be dropped from the side and to suggest so is even more silly.

And I am getting sick to hell of hearing about the dysfunctional forward line. How any forward line could function with the level of delivery that was served up on Saturday is beyond me.How have we won all the games we have to date and with the number points scored for?

Panic has set in because we lost a game. Why?It makes no sense what so ever.

We will get back our key forward target in a week or so. We will get back a hard nut mid in a few more.

Ok MarkP, I will ask you to suggest who the midfielders were supposed to kick too? I didn't numerous numbers leading towards them. I didn't see blokes presenting themselves, I saw one and at times two blokes standing back. We played completely into Collingwoods backline defense.

If the players you were near play in the seniors, maybe they could learn something about loving a goal.
They were all seniors.

They were all midfielders and as such are the guys that should deliver it in.

Ok MarkP, I will ask you to suggest who the midfielders were supposed to kick too? I didn't numerous numbers leading towards them. I didn't see blokes presenting themselves, I saw one and at times two blokes standing back. We played completely into Collingwoods backline defense.

I agree to a certain extent. But I will say this. We let them have a free man most of the game down back. I don't care who you are it is hard to lead towards mids that were "snapping" the ball into the 50 without even looking. And I don't care who or how good you are - the scums backs are quality and if you are 1 out against 2 you will struggle as we did all night to get quality set shots let alone finding the space to lead to.

Again I ask YOU in particular, as I quite find your opinions interesting, who could have utilised the rubbish that came in on Saturday that is on our list one out against a free Maxwell etc?

Cause and effect here.

Was it our shitty dysfunctional forwards (according to the board) that don't lead properly or was it our stupid mids that stuffed it? Or both?

Or maybe we came up against what we have been doing to other sides all year and didn't adapt to a contested mid-field space that had real and implied pressure and had a quality set of backs to shut down anything that we got forward anyway? And just maybe if we had settled better and Beams had missed a snap or great boundary goal it would have been different. Collingwood played a beautiful Swans game and beat us.....just.

Rearranging what is clearly the best we have will not do anything is future.

Still the stupidest thread ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 21: The Sydney Swans vs. The Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back