Autopsy Round 22: Roast & Toast V Freo; Changes for St. Kilda.

Votes For The Game:

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 3: Dion Prestia

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 5: Brandon Ellis

• 6: Shaun Grigg

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 10: Shane Edwards

• 12: David Astbury

• 14: Bachar Houli

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 18: Alex Rance

• 21: Jacob Townsend

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 25: Toby Nankervis

• 31: Oleg Markov

• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 40: Dan Butler

• 46: Jason Castagna

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think that we need a tall for the long kick down the line. That was killing us early before Freo went into full witches hats mode. Geelong did it well against us as well. I think teams have realised if they can stop our overlap they can force us to kick to their talls and it's either a mark or stoppage for them.

Or is it only a problem when we are playing badly and not winning the ball out of the middle?

I really really like not having a big goof in the team but scared against teams with a couple of good marking half backs. :S

Costanza out and caddy in

It will be Graham. Although Castagna has poor output recently. His pressure and perceived pressure in the forward line is important.
I'd love to see Graham stay in, but he will probably be the unlucky one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree in a sense but would love to give hammer ago. As much as nank did hammer I believe for the finals will give us that better chance at the centre and stoppages. Its tough but we have to loom for the best edge we can get. Iam not a Hammer man but I think he will just give us a better edge

I don't think it's wise to bring someone in for finals when they haven't had any AFL level exposure for over a year.

I still think that we need a tall for the long kick down the line. That was killing us early before Freo went into full witches hats mode.
Oh absolutely, but we started to use the corridor a bit more. Going for the pockets was pissing me off too. We have to play to our strengths and not burn out Nank before his time.

We didn't just win. We won playing a fantastic brand of footy. Tough. Attacking. And honourable. When I see Hawthorne playing their stupid game like blocking the man on the mark ... and Essendon diving and playing for free kicks instead of actually trying to win the ball ... and then I see us playing the game the way it should be played it makes me proud to be a Tiger!

Last edited:
Oh absolutely, but we started to use the corridor a bit more. Going for the pockets was pissing me off too. We have to play to our strengths and not burn out Nank before his time.
Yer it's not so much the i50 that worries me. We have forced the ball to ground all year. It's between the arc when a teams really pressuring us. If Freo were a better team and we able to replicate what they did in the first quarter...it would have been a long long long day. I am still undecided and I'm sure the coaching team are as well. I think man on man defense works really well for us and a team like Sydney can actually stick to it. If you are forced to kick to Grundy/Rampe/Mills all day without a reasonable tall...it could be a disaster. When teams zone against us we are fine...but i've got the feeling we've been worked out. Freo just couldnt sustain it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer it's not so much the i50 that worries me. We have forced the ball to ground all year. It's between the arc when a teams really pressuring us. If Freo were a better team and we able to replicate what they did in the first quarter...it would have been a long long long day. I am still undecided and I'm sure the coaching team are as well. I think man on man defense works really well for us and a team like Sydney can actually stick to it. If you are forced to kick to Grundy/Rampe/Mills all day without a reasonable tall...it could be a disaster. When teams zone against us we are fine...but i've got the feeling we've been worked out. Freo just couldnt sustain it.
I actually agree.

If you look at our losses we've struggled to move the ball between the arcs because our run out of the backline has stopped and we don't have a good marking target.

Unsure what the solution is. Maybe Griff. Big call though.

If Graham plays again next week and puts up double digit tackles again with some more clean possessions it will be extremely tough to drop him potentially

Townsend has to back up his performance today for sure. It's out of those two as to who comes out for Caddy. However, if they both play to a similar level next week, Caddy might find it difficult to come back in. Who knows.

Good problem to have.

Pav one of the best commentators going around ,gives great insight into what teams are trying to achieve by their game style .

Or is it because he pumped us up all day?

I don't think it's wise to bring someone in for finals when they haven't had any AFL level exposure for over a year.

I can see your point but I do believe we were a bit better with that 2nd ruck and hammer would be a lot better than Sodo. Even for next week I just think the support is helping Nank get thru the season

Interesting comment but remember Sydney only one by 104 points as well. We are so used not seeing us do so well we miss how well we play at times

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22: Roast & Toast V Freo; Changes for St. Kilda.

Back