Prediction Round 23, 2024: Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Cripps (inj), Witherden
In: Petruccelle, H.Edwards

Backs: Gov, Hedwards, Ginbey, Hough, Cole, Hunt, Johnston
Mids: Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Trew/Duggan, Maric, Hall (or Gaff)
Rucks: Williamses
Forwards: Allen, Waterman, Darling, Ryan, Petruccelle, Dewar, Duggan/Trew
Sub: Gaff (or Hall)
Emergencies: Witherden (held over), AReid, Culley

Cripps got up and played on after his last goal but it looked like he did something to his leg. Will undoubtedly want to get up for Gaff's farewell but no point risking him.

Don't think we'll get away with the super small backline against Curnow/McKay so hopefully Edwards is ready to return. I suspect Barrass is done for the year (and maybe that's it for him in Eagles colours, which is sad).

As I suggested last week, keep rewarding the winning team. The only change I would make is either of Harry Edwards or Barrass to come in to provide a more balanced team.

Minimal changes, reward the group for the fight shown so far.

Assuming Gaff gets a full game and someone else becomes the sub.

Cripps looked injured at the end. HEdwards to come back in

Ins: HEdwards Hutchinson
Outs: Witherden Cripps
Straight swaps, no other positional changes

WAFL players were ordinary and Hutchy seems to be the preferred next in line as he travelled with the squad

OUT: Hall, Witherden
IN: Hutchinson, Bazzo

Johnston to sub. Not a fan of it personally, but he was the quietest of the bunch, and there's no way Gaff starts as sub in his final game.

OUT: Hall, Witherden
IN: Hutchinson, Bazzo

Johnston to sub. Not a fan of it personally, but he was the quietest of the bunch, and there's no way Gaff starts as sub in his final game.
Johnston was playing mainly half back though, I can't see them dropping Witherden and making him the sub.

I'm not as big a Witherden basher as others but my word did he have a good half a dozen moments today that were deplorable. He puts his body in the line at least but that's not always enough.

Out: Witherden
In: HEdwards

I'm not as big a Witherden basher as others but my word did he have a good half a dozen moments today that were deplorable. He puts his body in the line at least but that's not always enough.

Out: Witherden
In: HEdwards
I'm as big a Bender basher as others but my word that comment is deplorable. He puts up witticisms on occasion but that's not always enough.

Out: Bender_ hating on Witho-god
In: Bender_ showing Witho-god some god damn respect

Out: Witherden; In: H.Edwards
Out: Hall or Cripps (if inj); In: Barrass (if fit) (if Cripps injured and Barrass not right then Petch in)
Sub: Johnston or Hall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Up with Barrass? Talk of him out for rest of season and maybe leaving Eagles?
Injury report says estimated return = test.

Hope we take it up to Carlton. We were supposedly banged up from the Suns match, (according to Yeo) but we pulled a rabbit out of the hat!
Harley is copping physical attention each week and looked sore late yesterday, but we have a full week to recover.

I'm even enjoying the different post-game spiel from the new coach.
We're pretty much seeing what we hoped for in the last few matches, even if we drop the last two, as long as we see the intent and pressure and green shoots.

Any chance of Bazzo getting a game? I know he's coming off a long layoff, but he's strung together more than a month of games in the WAFL.
I feel like this would rely on Edwards or Barrass missing another week.

Archer Reid is probably the most deserving towards the end of the year but I am not sure how he gets a look in unless someone is 'rested', which is a bit dumb in itself with 2 weeks to go.

Will Reid be fit?

Played the last quarter in the forward line and looked hampered.
If he was that bad theyd have taken him off. If hes sore or tired sit him deep forward and rest him that way.
Chance to give Hall more mid minutes with gaff to get a full game taking that wing that Halls been stuck on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back