Round 23 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

HELP! What trades do I do? My oppenent does have a better side than me as well.
View attachment 27934

My opinion purely based on current form and statistics. I hold no responsibility for any of these recommended players having a shocker of a game ;)

Defenders - Only worry here is Pearce Hanley. He has a dodgy record when it comes to Geelong, averaging 74 which was hugely inflated by his 129 back in 2011. He had 63 on them last year at the Gabba, and 56 earlier this year against them at the Gabba. This time 'round they're down south at Simonds Stadium and based on recent form in his last two (three round average of 65), I don't see him having much of an impact on the game.

Midfielders - weaknesses would be O'Keefe (averages 84 vs. Hawthorn) and Isaac Smith (averages 63 vs. Sydney). O'Keefe is in shocking form as of late, and his score against Hawthorn earlier this year was 76. Coming off a five round average of 78, I don't think that's going to be improved upon. At 396k he's not really worth a crumpet anymore, so it seems as though you're just going to have to persist.
Isaac Smith is in slightly better form, with a five round average of 93. What worries me is his last score against the Swans which was 52.

Rucks - Not going to get much better than that.

Forwards - Seems relatively complete, only upgrade option there would be Wellingham - depends on his minor injury sustained during Friday's game. Should be 'right to play, so really no worries there.

Now, my upgrade options would probably be Isaac Smith and Pearce Hanley.

$414,200 - Unfortunately Hanley was subject to a huge cash drop on the back of his 60 against the Dogs last week. Your only options would be one of Michael Hibberd, Bachar Houli or Andrew Mackie.

Andrew Mackie ($401,300): Three round average of 98, five round average of 91. Was a little up and down in the first half of the year, however he seems to be finishing off the year strongly. Averages 84 against the Lions who he scored 86 on earlier this year. Plays exceptionally well at home, not scoring under 90 in each home game this year (apart from the Melbourne game where he was subbed out). Should be in for another decent week. This option leaves you $12,900.

Michael Hibberd ($401,600): Three round average of 85, five round average of 83. Averages 80 against Richmond who he scored 113 on earlier this year. He's in great form this year despite all of the controversy surrounding the club, however depending on what happens with the club between now and next week could damage this. I've stuck with him all season, but be wary. This option leaves you $12,600.​
Bachar Houli ($403,500): Three round average of 91.3, five round average of 90.4. Averages 75 against Essendon who he scored 92 on earlier this year. He's another one in good form for the Tigers, providing pace off the half-back line. Been chopping up lately, no reason why he can't perform against a weakened Essendon side this week. This option leaves you $10,700.

$449,400 - Due to the lack of cash, I'd be looking at one of the following for an upgrade on Isaac Smith: Chris Masten, David Mundy or Trent Cotchin.

Chris Masten ($429,700): Three round average of 120, five round average of 113. Averages 72 against the Crows (taking into account his first few seasons), however his stunning form this year has been pretty damn good. He scored 112 on the Crows at AAMI earlier this year and should go big again this week in a very important game.​
Trent Cotchin ($444,100): Forget his three and five round averages - with Heath Hocking suspended, Cotchin should carry on with his brilliant record against the Dons. 99 on them earlier this year during his form slump, however he seems to have found some form heading into the latter stages of the year. Averages 97 on the Bombers over 10 games, with 145 and 143 on them in the last two years. Important game for the Tigers so he should do well.​
David Mundy ($444,700): Three round average of 94, five round average of 93. Don't be put off by the low averages - he averages 87 on the Saints, however earlier this year he scored 116 on them and should do extremely well again this week coinciding with Freo's recent form. Nat Fyfe may also be an option, however I haven't listed him due to the 99.9% likelihood of a tag.​
Hope that helps you out a little. :)

My opinion purely based on current form and statistics. I hold no responsibility for any of these recommended players having a shocker of a game ;)

Defenders - Only worry here is Pearce Hanley. He has a dodgy record when it comes to Geelong, averaging 74 which was hugely inflated by his 129 back in 2011. He had 63 on them last year at the Gabba, and 56 earlier this year against them at the Gabba. This time 'round they're down south at Simonds Stadium and based on recent form in his last two (three round average of 65), I don't see him having much of an impact on the game.

Midfielders - weaknesses would be O'Keefe (averages 84 vs. Hawthorn) and Isaac Smith (averages 63 vs. Sydney). O'Keefe is in shocking form as of late, and his score against Hawthorn earlier this year was 76. Coming off a five round average of 78, I don't think that's going to be improved upon. At 396k he's not really worth a crumpet anymore, so it seems as though you're just going to have to persist.
Isaac Smith is in slightly better form, with a five round average of 93. What worries me is his last score against the Swans which was 52.

Rucks - Not going to get much better than that.

Forwards - Seems relatively complete, only upgrade option there would be Wellingham - depends on his minor injury sustained during Friday's game. Should be 'right to play, so really no worries there.

Now, my upgrade options would probably be Isaac Smith and Pearce Hanley.

$414,200 - Unfortunately Hanley was subject to a huge cash drop on the back of his 60 against the Dogs last week. Your only options would be one of Michael Hibberd, Bachar Houli or Andrew Mackie.

Andrew Mackie ($401,300): Three round average of 98, five round average of 91. Was a little up and down in the first half of the year, however he seems to be finishing off the year strongly. Averages 84 against the Lions who he scored 86 on earlier this year. Plays exceptionally well at home, not scoring under 90 in each home game this year (apart from the Melbourne game where he was subbed out). Should be in for another decent week. This option leaves you $12,900.

Michael Hibberd ($401,600): Three round average of 85, five round average of 83. Averages 80 against Richmond who he scored 113 on earlier this year. He's in great form this year despite all of the controversy surrounding the club, however depending on what happens with the club between now and next week could damage this. I've stuck with him all season, but be wary. This option leaves you $12,600.​
Bachar Houli ($403,500): Three round average of 91.3, five round average of 90.4. Averages 75 against Essendon who he scored 92 on earlier this year. He's another one in good form for the Tigers, providing pace off the half-back line. Been chopping up lately, no reason why he can't perform against a weakened Essendon side this week. This option leaves you $10,700.

$449,400 - Due to the lack of cash, I'd be looking at one of the following for an upgrade on Isaac Smith: Chris Masten, David Mundy or Trent Cotchin.

Chris Masten ($429,700): Three round average of 120, five round average of 113. Averages 72 against the Crows (taking into account his first few seasons), however his stunning form this year has been pretty damn good. He scored 112 on the Crows at AAMI earlier this year and should go big again this week in a very important game.​
Trent Cotchin ($444,100): Forget his three and five round averages - with Heath Hocking suspended, Cotchin should carry on with his brilliant record against the Dons. 99 on them earlier this year during his form slump, however he seems to have found some form heading into the latter stages of the year. Averages 97 on the Bombers over 10 games, with 145 and 143 on them in the last two years. Important game for the Tigers so he should do well.​
David Mundy ($444,700): Three round average of 94, five round average of 93. Don't be put off by the low averages - he averages 87 on the Saints, however earlier this year he scored 116 on them and should do extremely well again this week coinciding with Freo's recent form. Nat Fyfe may also be an option, however I haven't listed him due to the 99.9% likelihood of a tag.​
Hope that helps you out a little. :)
How do you think Lachie Neale will go this week as a smokey?

Hanley -> Enright
JJK -> NRoo

Didn't make it to the GF, but still want to finish off the year within to 10k overall (currently 94xx), come on team, for one last week!

Much appreciate if you could help me out with some opinions.

Current side:
DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hanley, Gibbs, Ellis, Duffield | K Hartigan as E
MID:
Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Jelwood, Montagna, Barlow, O'Meara, Watson | Wines as E
RUC:
Cox, Jacobs | McBean as E
FWD:
Nroo, Martin, Bartel, Cloke, Kennedy, Wellingham

Players that I worry may cost me the GF:
Duffield, O'Meara, Jacobs, Kennedy, Wellingham
Salary Cap: $

Current trade ideas:
Wellingham (injury worries) > Roughead, Tippet or Franklin
O'Meara > Danger, Fyfe, Deledio, Cotchin, Douglas

Other side has Houli, Mayes and Libba who could easily cost them the game.

How do you think Lachie Neale will go this week as a smokey?

Could do okay, seems to score well when Fremantle are bulldozing the opposition. I think if I were you I'd be sticking with a safer option like the ones I summarised in my earlier post.

Of course, if you were to grab Neale for Smith you'd have about 81k left in the salary cap. You could use that to grab whatever defender you'd like or you could upgrade O'Keefe to someone like Tom Liberatore - almost guaranteed to go huge this week against Melbourne.

Sometimes the gamble is well worth it, other times it could bite you back.. Good luck.

I would look at getting rid of Kennedy, playing against Talia and Rutten means a tough day at the office for a key forward. Add in his previous couple of scores and its no brainer imo.

Watson or Masten? This is a matter of life and death, pls

Jobe Watson

4bkox.png

4bkpO.png

Chris Masten

4bkt2.png

4bktO.png

Masto's first few seasons don't really show the sort of player he's become. He has been quite consistent this year and should do well against the Crows this week.

Watson has a great track record against Richmond, however I'm a bit reluctant when it comes to Essendon players - at least until after the results of this hearing have been released. No reason as to why the Bombers won't come out firing after a big win last week.

Either way I'd probably go Watson - his current form is strong and I have a dodgy feeling about the team West Coast is going to put on the park this week. However if you'd like to make another trade and need the extra cash, Masten is extremely good value at 429k.

Jobe Watson

4bkox.png

4bkpO.png

Chris Masten

4bkt2.png

4bktO.png

Masto's first few seasons don't really show the sort of player he's become. He has been quite consistent this year and should do well against the Crows this week.

Watson has a great track record against Richmond, however I'm a bit reluctant when it comes to Essendon players - at least until after the results of this hearing have been released. No reason as to why the Bombers won't come out firing after a big win last week.

Either way I'd probably go Watson - his current form is strong and I have a dodgy feeling about the team West Coast is going to put on the park this week.

Thanks heaps mate, I have to agree with you, Masten could also be on the end of a Van Berlo tag as well which has scared me off. Thanks again :thumbsu:

Thanks heaps mate, I have to agree with you, Masten could also be on the end of a Van Berlo tag as well which has scared me off. Thanks again :thumbsu:

I reckon the Van Berlo tag will be directed towards Gaff, so I think you're safe in that regard.

But yeah, Watson's previous statistics are definitely confidence boosters. Good luck!

JJK --> Cloke
Hanley --> Stanley (yolo)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current side:
MID: Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Jelwood, Montagna, Barlow, O'Meara, Watson | Wines as E
RUC: Cox, Jacobs | McBean as E
FWD: Nroo, Martin, Bartel, Cloke, Kennedy, Wellingham

Salary Cap: $19,600

Current trade ideas:

Any help with this please?

Current side:
MID: Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Jelwood, Montagna, Barlow, O'Meara, Watson | Wines as E
RUC: Cox, Jacobs | McBean as E
FWD: Nroo, Martin, Bartel, Cloke, Kennedy, Wellingham

Salary Cap: $19,600

Current trade ideas:

Duffield has a decent record against the Saints. If Fremantle thrash them this week he should score well. Shouldn't worry about Duffield any more than Hanley. HOLD.

O'Meara tore up GWS earlier this year. No reason why he won't do it this time, however he could cop one of those infamous GWS tags which could hurt him a little. Your remaining cash doesn't really allow you to do much with him, so I'm going to say HOLD.

Jacobs should be good for a 70-80 or so against West Coast, coming off some okay form. Not really up to standard though, so I suggest trading him out for Jarryd Roughead who should go big this week against Sydney. This leaves you about $21,200 to spend.

Kennedy is due for a big one and this is the game where he'll be needed the most. I do understand why you wanna give him a move on. With your remaining cash you'll be able to afford Matthew Pavlich who had 95 against St Kilda earlier this year. He scored 103 and 102 in his last two (Melbourne/Port Adelaide) and there's no reason why he won't do well this week.

Wellingham should be fine to play. He's not on the injury list so I'll assume he's playing until the teams come out on Thursday. HOLD.

Hey, keep in mind you could downgrade someone like Ollie Wines and pick up a Stevie J or someone of his calibre for the extra few points. All up to you.

That's what I'd do anyway. There's plenty of other combinations but that's just my opinion!

Duffield has a decent record against the Saints. If Fremantle thrash them this week he should score well. Shouldn't worry about Duffield any more than Hanley. HOLD.

O'Meara tore up GWS earlier this year. No reason why he won't do it this time, however he could cop one of those infamous GWS tags which could hurt him a little. Your remaining cash doesn't really allow you to do much with him, so I'm going to say HOLD.

Jacobs should be good for a 70-80 or so against West Coast, coming off some okay form. Not really up to standard though, so I suggest trading him out for Jarryd Roughead who should go big this week against Sydney. This leaves you about $21,200 to spend.

Kennedy is due for a big one and this is the game where he'll be needed the most. I do understand why you wanna give him a move on. With your remaining cash you'll be able to afford Matthew Pavlich who had 95 against St Kilda earlier this year. He scored 103 and 102 in his last two (Melbourne/Port Adelaide) and there's no reason why he won't do well this week.

Wellingham should be fine to play. He's not on the injury list so I'll assume he's playing until the teams come out on Thursday. HOLD.

Hey, keep in mind you could downgrade someone like Ollie Wines and pick up a Stevie J or someone of his calibre for the extra few points. All up to you.

That's what I'd do anyway. There's plenty of other combinations but that's just my opinion!

Thank you for the reply mate. Much appreciated. Will see what I can work with

Thank you for the reply mate. Much appreciated. Will see what I can work with

No worries. Others may have different ideas so it wouldn't hurt to ask around if you're after a second opinion.

Excuse me, Did I ask for your opinion. And I'll thank him if I end up doing them options.

Move on....
You really should thank him for putting the time and effort in to help you out, even if you don't take his advice.

I'm keeping Kennedy this week, backing him in to kick a bag against Adelaide.

Current midfield of:
Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Griffen, Selwood, Montagna, Redden, Fyfe with T.Mitchell/Viney my bench options.

I can see Redden having a stinker at the cattery, but a lot of my other mids will be prone to some heavy tags this week (Monta, Fyfe, Griff, Ablett).

Which out of Ablett, Fyfe, Montagna or Redden would you trade out. Is Masten against Adelaide a good trade? Can't afford the likes of Beams, Watson, Barlow.

Josh Kennedy > Cloke / Pav
Cotchin Or Dangerfield > Watson / Sidebottom / Montagna

These are my weakest links bolded.

$1200 up for grabs, am I mad trading thinking of trading these guys out?

If so what do you lads reckon is the best choice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back