Game Day Round 23 vs. Brisbane, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 17/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d bring him in for Lippa.

Move Kreuger to WHE’s role and WHE to Lippa’s running role.
Maybe, I just don’t see Krueger getting selected.

We really need better running half backs to take the game on and make the right decisions

IQ has gone off the boil and noble gets shakier again week by week

Pick Parker again
Pretty excited about Parker, reckon he'll become best 23 in 2025 at some point.
HB ideal, has the smarts, clean hands and really nice kick, midfielder long term we hope.

It’s not just speed
It’s effective decision making and foot skills
Noble runs around in circles lately
In your post above you were talking about “running backs to take the game on.”
The discussion was 100% about speed off HB because it’s critical to our game plan.
I like Parker, but he’s not a running HB.

Last edited:
In your post above you were talking about running backs.
The discussion was 100% about speed off HB because it’s critical to our game plan.
I like Parker, but not off HB.
Was it ??
Parker showed nice composure when he’s played
Markov hardly touches the ball anymore
Noble keeps going the wrong way and IQ season has been average .. he’s obviously got the toe issue but I would like to see a refresh of half back line looking forwards

Didn’t say he should definitely come in
Just that when he’s played he’s been ok
Cox hasn’t set the world on fire either but cox ruckwork far superior

Cox was very good against Sydney. Took a lot of contested marks.

Was it ??
Parker showed nice composure when he’s played
Markov hardly touches the ball anymore
Noble keeps going the wrong way and IQ season has been average .. he’s obviously got the toe issue but I would like to see a refresh of half back line looking forwards
Half back runners is our weakest area - particularly with how we want to move the footy. Ryan, Jiath and Parker might kik on, but unlikely as early as next year - and I think Parker is more likely to play wing as he doesn't have the speed for defence. I'd be chasing a half back with genuine pace for the short term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Richards vulnerable?
Why is Kreuger so much in the mix, given a sub par VFL performance?

Richards. Because he’s played next to no footy at any level since the Hawthorn game. He was dropped for that performance.

Kreuger. I thought he should have played against the Swans. His form was good until his concussion early in the Hawks game. His VFL performance not as important as getting a game under his belt.

Unfortunately, apart from Leigh Brown, I can’t recall a good forward that could help out in the ruck for us.
You’re having a lend if you’re not classing Cox as a good forward but you are including Leigh in that group.

I loved Leigh as much as anyone but Cox is a clear upgrade both in the ruck and forward.

Cox was very good against Sydney. Took a lot of contested marks.

Maybe, but when it was all falling apart in the last quarter it was largely happening when Mason was on the ball. I could forgive him cos he has not played much footy this year but I was screaming for them to get Cameron back in play as he had been best on ground to my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back