Game Day Round 23 vs. Brisbane, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 17/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt they'd offer him a contract if they didn't rate him.

'COLLINGWOOD has tabled a contract offer to lively small forward Joe Richards, who is weighing interest from multiple clubs including Port Adelaide.'
Didn’t we do the same thing playing vs contract last year with Macrae (although I think Richards has already shown signs of being a better player).

Didn’t we do the same thing playing vs contract last year with Macrae (although I think Richards has already shown signs of being a better player).
Joe has definitely shown more glimpses of AFL traits than Fin so far. I'm hoping Fin just needs another good uninterrupted pre-season. I don't want to lose him, Joe or Reef.

Joe has definitely shown more glimpses of AFL traits than Fin so far. I'm hoping Fin just needs another good uninterrupted pre-season. I don't want to lose him, Joe or Reef.
You're very forgiving EM - Fin should be on the trade/delist page. He's had ample opportunities and shown little at the top level. Sad but true.

You're very forgiving EM - Fin should be on the trade/delist page. He's had ample opportunities and shown little at the top level. Sad but true.
My head says you're right, but my heart says give him one more pre-season. Imagine if he was a slow burn & next year was his year to blossom & we had given up on him 🥴

He's got a contract for next year, ..not sure what another club would offer for him.

My head says you're right, but my heart says give him one more pre-season. Imagine if he was a slow burn & next year was his year to blossom & we had given up on him 🥴

He's got a contract for next year, ..not sure what another club would offer for him.
Plus we'd get bugger all for him in a trade.

Exactly. May as well keep him & keep our fingers crossed for next year.
Like Reef. Would be worth more to us than what we'd get. At least he is contracted, so we clearly want him. I think we just want him to improve his game to go to the next level. Which I hope another pre-season will help with. Needs to get stronger.

Reef there is a lot of potential. I would have given him a contract before some others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s shown a bit. Kicked 3 goals one game. Hasn’t set the world on fire it’s true. Some poor games too. I’d be more worried about losing Reef, but I’d definitely keep Finn. Especially since we’ll lose 4 of our top 6 mids in the next year or so.

He’s shown a bit. Kicked 3 goals one game. Hasn’t set the world on fire it’s true. Some poor games too. I’d be more worried about losing Reef, but I’d definitely keep Finn. Especially since we’ll lose 4 of our top 6 mids in the next year or so.
I actually think Fin has shown a few AFL qualities this season in spurts. His next challenge is to go beyond that and find more consistency over 4 quarters. But there is enough there to persist. Fly said they are encouraging him to keep improving areas of his game, as they are looking at ways to get him to be a regular afl player.

I actually think Fin has shown a few AFL qualities this season in spurts. His next challenge is to go beyond that and find more consistency over 4 quarters. But there is enough there to persist. Fly said they are encouraging him to keep improving areas of his game, as they are looking at ways to get him to be a regular afl player.
Credit to Fin as it would seem from the outside that he’s not dropped his bundle and goes back to the twos and works hard on getting better. Perserverence and good work ethic are AFL traits just hope it all clicks on field next year.

Speed, agility, aggression, 1v1 excellence, and penetrating kicking are not attributes useful in a wingman?
He is not a ball winner or play reader

His main ability is a defender who sticks to his opponent like a trailer and can win one on ones. And plays talller than his height defensively

Like Reef. Would be worth more to us than what we'd get. At least he is contracted, so we clearly want him. I think we just want him to improve his game to go to the next level. Which I hope another pre-season will help with. Needs to get stronger.

Reef there is a lot of potential. I would have given him a contract before some others.
Same.
I's hate to lose Reef, then see him prosper elsewhere.

Harrison and Richards were our only exciting players to emerge this season. One’s out for a year and the other looks to be out the door. How disappointing. 2025’s going to be grim viewing.

To the game at hand….

After a spirited start, I expect us to be over-run, resulting in a 6-10 goal loss.

Brisbane have so many weapons and so much speed. We are spread far too thin. I’m tipping Cam Raynor to get off the leash and slay us with at least 4 goals. We’re cooked.

I have only one wish for this week. Make Lipinski the sub and then bring him on for the final 47 seconds. That would be fair, given his recent contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Richards gets 47 seconds, dropped. Schultz puts in 4 stinker quarters, similar to what he’s done all year and survives!! Why wouldn’t we play some kids the last few weeks to see what they can do?

You’re generously overlooking Lipinski. He has been absolutely atrocious. Far worse than Schultz. It amazes me how little heat Lipinski gets on BF. Softest player on our list by a very big margin.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It really is a joke

Gets a few minutes during Sydney’s avalanche then gets dropped
Worse than reefs treatment

I don’t see the joke. If Richards has been dropped, it’s because the coaches have selected what they think is the best available team to win. They haven’t dropped Richards because they want us to lose!

One of the lowlights of this season on BF has been the constant criticism of team selections.

Last edited:
I don’t see the joke. If Richards has been dropped, it’s because the coaches have selected what they think is the best available team to win. They haven’t dropped Richards because they want us to lose!

One of the lowlights of this season on BF has been the constant criticism of team selections.
As someone famously said , get the selections right and I will shut up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back