Game Day Round 23 vs. Brisbane, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 17/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re generously overlooking Lipinski. He has been absolutely atrocious. Far worse than Schultz. It amazes me how little heat Lipinski gets on BF. Softest player on our list by a very big margin.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree on this, Schultz at least seems to work hard, results haven’t always panned out. With Lipinski it’s far too infrequent.
I think he’s cast a spell on the coach…

I agree on this, Schultz at least seems to work hard, results haven’t always panned out. With Lipinski it’s far too infrequent.
I think he’s cast a spell on the coach…
The frustrating thing with Lippa is he has shown he can do it - eg he was pretty good in a hot GF - but it is far too infrequent.
He needs to show something the next 2 weeks or he is trade bait for mine

I don’t see the joke. If Richards has been dropped, it’s because the coaches have selected what they think is the best available team to win. They haven’t dropped Richards because they want us to lose!

One of the lowlights of this season on BF has been the constant criticism of team selections.
Given he was only on for the last 47 seconds, Joe needs a full VFL game to give him a chance for next week.
It's the last VFL round this week, so there will be players pressing their claims - Allan and DeMattia amongst them

Harrison and Richards were our only exciting players to emerge this season. One’s out for a year and the other looks to be out the door. How disappointing. 2025’s going to be grim viewing.

To the game at hand….

After a spirited start, I expect us to be over-run, resulting in a 6-10 goal loss.

Brisbane have so many weapons and so much speed. We are spread far too thin. I’m tipping Cam Raynor to get off the leash and slay us with at least 4 goals. We’re cooked.

I have only one wish for this week. Make Lipinski the sub and then bring him on for the final 47 seconds. That would be fair, given his recent contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Going by this you'd think we weren't 5 goals up against the ladder leader last week on their home deck...

We're morals tomorrow. Nothing surer.

might have been the way he was sitting on the bench for the 1 hr 59 mins before-hand that didn't impress the coaches
Richards gets 47 seconds, dropped. Schultz puts in 4 stinker quarters, similar to what he’s done all year and survives!! Why wouldn’t we play some kids the last few weeks to see what they can do?
It really is a joke

Gets a few minutes during Sydney’s avalanche then gets dropped
Worse than reefs treatment

The best 22 this week is the same best 22 as last week.

Therefore if Richards had been selected, he would have been the sub again.

How would it help him or us for a developing player to be sub multiple weeks in a row? Wouldn’t it be better for him to play a full game in the VFL rather than keep the bench warm again? And give another worthy player the opportunity to get some exposure to the AFL program?

Quite clearly the club want to Richard’s to play a full game and not be stuck as the sub again. He’s been offered a contract, playing him as the sub this week is not going to decide if he stays or not…

12months ago he was on the delist category, now he’s Toby Greene.

Parker will likely be sub, Richard’s a full game in vfl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fly: “We want to back our players and give them the best possible opportunity to succeed”

Also Fly: “Joe, you didn’t do enough in that 47 second opportunity we gave you so you’re dropped”

Lmao

Where is the Joe Richards is getting traded thing coming from? Are there actual rumours or are people just putting two and together and getting five?
The Pies have a contract in front of him.

Apparently other clubs have shown interest in him, as they would with lots of players.

Some posters seem to think because he wasn't selected in the best 22 this week, he'll be wanting to leave or it's a sign we don't value him...🙄

Where is the Joe Richards is getting traded thing coming from? Are there actual rumours or are people just putting two and together and getting five?
Basically he has rival interest.
We have now offered him a contract, but he is looking at rival (especially big interest from port) offers before deciding.

Basically he has rival interest.
We have now offered him a contract, but he is looking at rival (especially big interest from port) offers before deciding.
Sounds like his manager has been feeding info to Cal and Riley to try and get him a bigger contract

My head says you're right, but my heart says give him one more pre-season. Imagine if he was a slow burn & next year was his year to blossom & we had given up on him 🥴

He's got a contract for next year, ..not sure what another club would offer for him.
4th round pick. No guarantee a fourth round pick will be a better player.

Some years your midfield is not Pendlebury, Daicos, Mitchell, De Goey and Crisp.

Fly: “We want to back our players and give them the best possible opportunity to succeed

Also Fly: “Joe, you didn’t do enough in that 47 second opportunity we gave you so you’re dropped”

Lmao
Joe Richards has played 47 seconds at any level since July 20. Playing him this week wouldn't be setting him up for success.

He will re sign, there is a contract in front of him and we are the team who pulled out of Wangaratta to give him a chance
Lets hope, but on the other side of it.. He is 25 soon, so time isn't on his side as a mature ager. He has beau. Schultz. Hill. Jamie. (HH when he returns?) ahead of him. Wouldn't blame him if someone comes knocking offering regular opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back