Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless Collingwood lose to Melbourne on Friday I can't possibly see how this game will be a dead rubber from our perspective.

We will have to win.

We've lost the last 3, you dudes are delusional.
We aren't beating port, and Carlton will probs roll the Toast today.
Put a fork in it, and start planning for next season.
Delist plodders and use those draft picks ****ing wisely
Yeah and Ports season was cooked and GWS lost like 4 in a row and were done and Geelong lost 7 in a row and were no chance and we were looking like a good shout at top 4. Of course we can win next week. Your welcome to post something remotely positive once in a blue moon Suma

We've lost the last 3, you dudes are delusional.
We aren't beating port, and Carlton will probs roll the Toast today.
Put a fork in it, and start planning for next season.
Delist plodders and use those draft picks ****ing wisely
Not the same time of the year but we had Port beaten away from home and then conceded something like 4 goals in 5 minutes. It isn't completely out of the realms of possibility. Houston out won't hurt and if o Mac can help with Dixon or Ratagolea it would help prevent the Cox on Hogan like debacle. We nearly beat a team with a forward line of Hogan, Green, Cadman, Jones, Daniels etc and who knows what would have happened if Banas hadn't of given away that fifty. Very unlikely but not delusional.

Why? You blokes are like that Iraqi information dude saying everything is ok, as the Tanks are surrounding him.
If you are not first you are last!
This club has 30 years of ........ Been a couple of good moments, but that was when we had a harder edge.
My team of the 80's, South Freo were the reason I started getting in to footy.
Those fellas drank concrete at half time! The Dockers ...... meh

Why? You blokes are like that Iraqi information dude saying everything is ok, as the Tanks are surrounding him.
This club has 30 years of ........ Been a couple of good moments, but that was when we had a harder edge.
Then go invest your time and support into south Freo???

Well that is rather extreme. No-one is happy about our capitulation. But we have played some pretty good footy against some pretty good teams this year. Having a good win against a good side is not impossible for us. The MC just has to give us the best chance to win now, not in 2 years time.

And I've been a financial member for all of those 30 long f'ing years. Anyone else?
Thought not!
Pretty close to not giving them my credit card for a fatalistic 31

If Banfield stays in the team that will tell me all I need to know about JLo.

There’s few others that should follow him out to Peel (Sharp especially) but I can’t see wholesale changes happening although I would love to see Jackson dropped for some short term pain to long term gain. It won’t happen though especially since Darcy and Treacy aren’t available. I can’t remember seeing a player mistiming his jumps as often as Jackson, he seriously needs to work on that but I’m not confident that can be fixed with him. I hope Im wrong.
Sharp has to be easily the first out, to me. Butchered the ball consistently all day . Not AFL skill level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I've been a financial member for all of those 30 long f'ing years. Anyone else?
Thought not!
Pretty close to not giving them my credit card for a fatalistic 31
A lot of if us have gone through it for that long. Support is a choice. I swapped from WC to Freo. It can be done.

Last edited:
Assuming Cox is fit, I’d genuinely consider rolling the dice on McDonald for Draper.

I’m not particularly concerned by Dixon and Ratugolea, just got to fill the holes and not allow them a run at it. But Cox and Draper don’t work together, they both need to be the #2 - and as promising as Draper is, Cox is still the better intercept player. And at least you know what you get with McDonald. But I very much doubt they do it.

So I’ll go with…

In - Walters, Treacy (optimistically)
Out - Banfield, Voss

And O’Driscoll can stay as the sub. Nice to see someone come on and actually threaten having some sort of impact.

A win here is not out of the question but Port had a pressure rating of 247+ in the last quarter. We need to be able to go there.

And completely off topic, does it bother anyone else that the pressure rating system starts at 140 and then maxes out around 250?

Why can’t the made up system just be 0-100 like everything else.

Assuming Cox is fit, I’d genuinely consider rolling the dice on McDonald for Draper.

I’m not particularly concerned by Dixon and Ratugolea, just got to fill the holes and not allow them a run at it. But Cox and Draper don’t work together, they both need to be the #2 - and as promising as Draper is, Cox is still the better intercept player. And at least you know what you get with McDonald. But I very much doubt they do it.
Yeah I don't know at this point. At least when Draper intercepts he drives the ball forward. A Cox intercept means the ball gets held up for 20 seconds before he either goes laterally to Ryan or bombs it forward to a pack.

So I’ll go with…

Out - Banfield, Voss

And O’Driscoll can stay as the sub. Nice to see someone come on and actually threaten having some sort of impact.

And completely off topic, does it bother anyone else that the pressure rating system starts at 140 and then maxes out around 250?

Depending in NODs fitness, I would rather have that impact all through the game. Bana's has a history of doing it well as an impact sub and isn't doing enough to get a full game.

Yeah I don't know at this point. At least when Draper intercepts he drives the ball forward. A Cox intercept means the ball gets held up for 20 seconds before he either goes laterally to Ryan or bombs it forward to a pack.

Draper is the more positive player, but he still doesn’t really rate as an interceptor compared to Cox yet. And realistically he’s gotten this far on athleticism alone, his actual defensive work and that natural feel is lacking - which is fine when he’s playing opposite Pearce, not so much with a zone defender in Cox.

Probably doesn’t matter so much this week, Hogan was always going to be the big problem. But if it a must win game, it’d be one to consider.

So I’ll go with…

Out - Banfield, Voss

Wow! you're a better man than me Chris.

I'm deadly afraid of Dixon and Ratugolea.

AFL just trying to disguise themselves as being innovative..

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back