Preview Round 3, 2018: Richmond v Hawthorn, 8 April 2018, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To beat Richmond one of Schoenmakers or O'Brien need to make way for an extra runner like Glass or Morrison. I think we might see about 3-4 changes this week at the selection table to freshen up the side.

To beat Richmond one of Schoenmakers or O'Brien need to make way for an extra runner like Glass or Morrison. I think we might see about 3-4 changes this week at the selection table to freshen up the side.
It might pay to play to our strengths and not worry so much about theirs, never quite get the whole this is what they are up to thing, how about letting them worry about us. :thumbsu:

Why would you need to 'freshen' the side after 2 games? Changes should just be due to necessity or match ups.

Richmond have been our greatest nemesis of recent times, but the way we are playing im confident we'll do well and hopefully win

if Sicily gets 1 week i would replace him with Glass even though they play differently you can shuffle the backline to cover and Richmond tend to be smaller anyways?

Burgoynes injury opens the door for Morrison/Worpel

i think Frawley back in for Brand if Frawley is fit is also likely

Annoying we lose Sis and Burger, but during a season you have to deal with injuries and suspensions. Be interesting to see how we go this Sunday against the Premiers.

im sad that those 2 champions are out, but im excited to see more of Glass, Morrison and Worpel who have been just waiting these last few weeks for a chance

We don’t need to go like for like. How about we make them pick their team to match up to ours?

I’d love to see Mirra get a shot on the big stage. I’m a fan of Sicily, but would love to see a smart footballer come in for a dumb one. Mirra doesn’t have the gifts of Sis, but has the footy smarts we will need against neck-tat and co.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Burgoyne out I would prefer to see Duyrea move up forward and take Burgoyne's role. I preferred him up front last year and I think his defensive lapses could cost us against the Tigers.

Morrison and Glass to come in for Sicily and Silk.

I reckon the new game plan we are employing is designed to try and combat the strengths of a side like Richmond.

Shame that our best rebounding mark is out of the game - that's a key element. We'll now have TOB trying to do that and he's definitely not of sicily's calibre.

I think we'll do better than most are assuming. Don't think we'll win, but think we'll give them a scare. They dismantled us last year and then went on to win the flag. But Adelaide were able to beat these guys with a bunch of midfield injuries. Hopefully we can copy a bit from their book, as Martin and Cotchin are a really intimidating pair.

Rance could ruin us though if we do the long bomb thing all day.

I reckon the new game plan we are employing is designed to try and combat the strengths of a side like Richmond.

Shame that our best rebounding mark is out of the game - that's a key element. We'll now have TOB trying to do that and he's definitely not of sicily's calibre.

I think we'll do better than most are assuming. Don't think we'll win, but think we'll give them a scare. They dismantled us last year and then went on to win the flag. But Adelaide were able to beat these guys with a bunch of midfield injuries. Hopefully we can copy a bit from their book, as Martin and Cotchin are a really intimidating pair.

Rance could ruin us though if we do the long bomb thing all day.

Interesting conversation on Rance on AFL access all areas. Jenkins played him close, he didn’t go on long leads, stayed home and then ran. Stopped Rance’s closing speed and agility.

O'Rourke has never shown anything. Don't want him anywhere near the team. Average player and has been since we recruited him

How bad is Burgers? Dad said its a small strain and will be only 1 or 2 weeks which is weird for a hammy

Out: Burgoyne, Tob (matchup)
In: Chip and wouldn't mind seeing Morrison or Mirra

Agree completely, don't think he will be on the list within 2 years. I hope i'm wrong but have my doubts.

I'd expect something like

Out: Sicily, Burgoyne

In: Glass, Morrison

FB: Hardwick - Brand - Stratton
HB: Burton - O'Brien - Duryea
C: Smith - Howe - Henderson
HF: Rioli - Gunston - Schoenmakers
FF: Puopolo - Roughead - Breust
R: McEvoy - Mitchell - O'Meara
IC: Impey - Shiels - Glass - Morrison

EMG: Pittonet - Cousins - Lovell - Mirra

That defence could use some extra experience so I hope Frawley gets up. Would expect Burton and Duryea to get a bit more of the ball this week with Sicily out.

Would think Langers is no chance. Straight into the side with no run in the preseason games or vfl?

Agreed. But he's fast and scraps hard.

Richmond just play a frenetic, "throw at all costs" game that needs someone to hunt them down.

I would have Sizzle, Impey and Langers (and others) hunting them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back